• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Robot Fortune - Persona Assistant [Tweak]

SvenZ

Reaction score
1720962061128.png1720962041451.png1720962068862.png

Persona Assistant is an interesting variant, with her main downside being the very, very low effect window of her Signature Ability 1, and the very long downtime before it even procs. I don't think the ability needs to be reworked, just for the numbers to be tweaked a bit.

Old
Every 30 seconds while Robo-Fortune is alive, she gains 3/4/5 stacks of PRECISION and 3/4/5 stacks of ENRAGE for 5 seconds. Her teammates also gain 1 stack of BLESSING and BARRIER.

New
Every 20 seconds while Robo-Fortune is alive, she gains 1/2/3 stacks of PRECISION and 1/2/3 stacks of ENRAGE for 10 seconds. Her teammates also gain 1 stack of BLESSING and BARRIER.

-We've effectively shrunk the trigger window from 30 to 20 seconds.
-And increased the duration from 5 to 10 seconds.
-We however also reduce the number of Enrage and Precision stacks from 5 to 3 at max level.
-Downtime between Enrage/Precision trigger and their duration has dramatically reduced from 25 seconds to 10 seconds.

The change is ultimately a buff. Yes, you'll be dealing less burst damage, and fewer Precision Stacks means you might trigger the enemy's SA. But, you'll have a more easily accessible Enrage with a 10 second downtime, allowing you to actually utilize your SA2 more reliably. An argument can be made that this would be too strong, but there are already supports which grant long duration or even permanent Enrages, so the increased duration is not a problem.

Reducing the trigger time from 30 to 20 sec means you'll also more reliably apply barrier and blessing to allies, making her more viable as a support. She'll also have much better synergy with Noble Mogul this way.

I don't think Persona Assistant is incredibly strong right now, far from it even. This change may ultimately prove to be too good, but I'd like to hear your opinion on it

I remember when she was first released she was one of the first variants with access to blessing and my reaction was that she’d be strong. In hind sight blessings is a relatively weak buff compared to final stand so no one ended up using her. When I used her I really enjoyed her SA2 where she’s unblockable when benefiting from enrage. That’s why I have ping check in her and that’s really powerful. Considering using her with a close range move set and robo actually has fairly long combos so the reduced enrage timer may be a bit too strong for a gold variant. Now that I think of it, I should try using her with Seraph Val and see if that’s a good synergy.

It’s been too long since I played Persona 3 to remember Aegis well enough to think of her traits, but I think Dev is accurate that she’s both an highly burst offensive and support character. I remember her sacrificing herself for the party so maybe that’s something to consider.

Overall I think reducing time is absolutely on the right track. They did it for Starshine and that felt way better. For fun, I’m just throwing some ideas out to:

- instead of precision how about giving her deadeye
- instead of blessing how about the reverse of bio squiggly; when PA is alive, the active teammate will drain 90% of her HP and gain 5 stacks of blessing and 3 stacks of evasion when suffering lethal damage. This lets her revive your carry twice per match but at a cost of lowering rift score significantly. Thematically I think that how I remember her role in P3.

I remember when she was first released she was one of the first variants with access to blessing and my reaction was that she’d be strong. In hind sight blessings is a relatively weak buff compared to final stand so no one ended up using her. When I used her I really enjoyed her SA2 where she’s unblockable when benefiting from enrage. That’s why I have ping check in her and that’s really powerful. Considering using her with a close range move set and robo actually has fairly long combos so the reduced enrage timer may be a bit too strong for a gold variant. Now that I think of it, I should try using her with Seraph Val and see if that’s a good synergy.

It’s been too long since I played Persona 3 to remember Aegis well enough to think of her traits, but I think Dev is accurate that she’s both an highly burst offensive and support character. I remember her sacrificing herself for the party so maybe that’s something to consider.

Overall I think reducing time is absolutely on the right track. They did it for Starshine and that felt way better. For fun, I’m just throwing some ideas out to:

- instead of blessing how about the reverse of bio squiggly; when PA is alive, the active teammate will drain 90% of her HP and gain 5 stacks of blessing and 3 stacks of evasion when suffering lethal damage. This lets her revive your carry twice per match but at a cost of lowering rift score significantly. Thematically I think that how I remember her role in P3.
I'll be honest, I haven't played Persona, so I'm not familiar with the character. I like the idea Deadeye idea, it would make her unlockable Dash Attacks far better, helping her secure the kill.

I think the Barrier and Blessing should stay. My reasoning is odd synergies that can be achieved with them, and are generally fun to play around with.

For example, the Barrier assisting Corrosive Agent and Noble Mogul, or the Blessing synergizing with Phantom Threads

I played her a little more earlier and had a lot of fun with Seraph. You can tell I’m rusty with robo close range build but she can really hold her own. This is around 40 streak PF. 38md-1infkb7 and 38ts-1infqdh would definitely loved longer enrage timer like you suggested.

I think her identity is that she’s the vanguard of the party, so you start the match with her. Then you tag her out before she dies. The second character comes in with blessings and barrier is powered up and and like you said, can have some fun synergies. Use her with Maid of honor and you also heal with barrier.

Reactions: SvenZ

Really like this kind of new supports, hope this gets seen. Also welcome to just become a new variant although I do think persona needs a buff indeed.