• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters [SA Tweaks] Big Band - Bassline

SvenZ

Reaction score
1723562667523.png
Bassline is pretty weak right now. From the Big Band update I expected him to get reworked, given how he was front and center in all of the posts leading up to 6.3. By design Bassline is simply outdated, given how much faster the game is now. If he was average at launch, he's ways below average now. He's aimed at being a defender, yet his strengths come in during tag-in. That makes his SAs completely useless as a point character. I'm aiming to retain a bit of his Tag-In aspect, and nudge him towards being more usable as a point. I think he should remain average-weak tier, as he's one of the very first characters you unlock in the game. That being said, since he's an introductory character, he should have effects which are newb friendly and prevent punishment early game.

Signature Ability 1​
On TAG IN, gain ARMOR and UNFLINCHING for 5/10/15 seconds.​

Signature Ability 2​
Gain REGEN for 5/7/10 seconds and 20/25/30% BLOCKBUSTER METER when absorbing the first HIT while DASHING.​

Reasons for SA1 change:
- The UNFLINCHING will be useful for new players who are still learning the game, as AI attacks won't interrupt them.
- You're pretty much guaranteed to counter the opponent's attack on Tag In (so long as it doesn't kill you lol)
- Armor Duration is increased, as the current one is too low to be effective. It's still only 1 stack, as he's a Bronze.
- We're removing the HEAVY REGEN, as that's an easily accessible effect with his Marquee ability. Now there won't be any overlap.

Reasons for SA2 change:
- To continue where I left off, the normal REGEN will stack with Soloist Marquee's Heavy Regen, making Band more durable.
- You can access this Regen as the point fighter, you don't have to rely on Tag-in anymore.
- BB Meter is gained on absorbing a dash attack. Combined with the Unflinching and Increased regen, you can be pretty aggressive with dash attacks, and punish opponent multi-hit attacks.
- BB Meter gain has been slightly reduced as it's much faster to gain now.

Changelog
Old proposal for SA1

Signature Ability 1​
On TAG IN, gain ARMOR for 10/15/20 seconds and 1/2/3 stacks of EVASION.​

Reasons for SA1 change:
- The EVASION will make tag in safer. This will be useful for new players who are still learning the game.
- You're guaranteed to counter the opponent's attack.
- We're sticking to the theme of WIND characters having Evasion.
- Armor Duration is doubled, as the current one is too low to be effective. It's still only 1 stack, as he's a Bronze.
- We're removing the HEAVY REGEN, as that's an easily accessible part with his Marquee ability. Now there won't be any overlap.

Overall, this change will make Bassline a better defender, while also giving him some more utility on offense.

Last edited:
Updating SA1 due to an oversight. While you have evasion, you cannot trigger Soloist or the newly reworked SA2. As such, I'm completely removing Evasion from this suggestion and replacing it with Unflinching. Another new player friendly buff, which can ease them into the game. You can see the old SA1 proposal in the changelog.

Last edited: