• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Scare Giver Cerebella palette problem

BallotBoxer

Reaction score
Very much a "why are you looking there? 😳" kind of bug. It's a coloring error that irks me.

Of all Cerebellas, only Scare Giver has this problem:
SG-cere.jpg
From the waist down, Scare Giver's skin is significantly more desaturated, like the wrong color is set for the legs. Please compare the hexadecimal color code of her torso skin with the thigh skin in the palette file. Solution: use the torso value for the thighs.

I'm positive it is a palette setting as this "dead legs" look occurs in all lighting scenarios.

The shadow is not to blame. All the other SGM Cerebellas have matching colors and don't exhibit this high level of desaturation.

As anyone can see at Krazete's palette editor (https://krazete.github.io/sgmpalette/), Cerebella's thighs are a different input from the rest of her skin. She has three parts: face+torso+arms, hands, and thighs.

I'm 90% sure the thigh input has a different (wrong) value than the torso part. (BTW, I don't wanna be the "crazy thigh guy" I just think this palette has a mistake).

I shall return with some evidence to compare...

Reactions: SvenZ
SvenZ was right, there is a bit of a shadow darkening the leg slightly. However, Scare Giver isn't following their rule.

bella-parade.jpg

Cerebellas with upper and lower skin samples. If you compare the colors on a color picker, all the non-Scare Givers lower colors jump directly "east" or "southeast" of the upper colors. Scare Giver's lower color jumps "southwest" towards darker value and less chroma.

I'll just go ahead and share this thread with the team and I'll get back to you!

Reactions: BallotBoxer
@BallotBoxer as it turns out, there was something going on with Scare Giver specifically! There will be a fix possibly in 6.4 but definitely for the update after this one.

• Wow
Reactions: BallotBoxer