• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Set Swipe directions for throws

Ryouhi

Reaction score
Maybe i'm alone in this, but i often have the problem when i'm blocking an enemies attacks and want to punish them by initiating with a dash attack (swipe with one finger towards enemy).

But since i'm already blocking with two fingers pressed down, sometimes i don't lift my other thumb quickly enough, so instead of doing a dash attack i end up whiffing a throw i didn't want to use anyway, which leads to me being punished.

I feel like adding an option for throw swipe-directions would be useful.
For my example even two options would suffice, the one we have now (omnidirectional) and "exclude swiping right.

Does anyone else have problems with this?

Reactions: Psyche
I don't usually have that problem, but I think I have a slightly different style. I know exactly what you mean, though. This feature would be useful, but it seems it could take a little while to develop it and all of the interfaces and settings it would require. While ultimately your suggestion would be better, I think in the meantime the devs could implement a sort of fix by making it so that both fingers have to be swiped in order to throw, rather than just one. Make it so that swiping with one finger while blocking will perform the action of the direction (backdash, launcher, forward attack part 1, sweep), but if both fingers are still held down, I don't know whether it should go back to blocking or go to an idle pose, because it might encourage 'turtling'. This is just an improvised idea. I like your suggestion more but I think it would take a while to implement.

Reactions: Ryouhi