• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection Should a pity timer be added for exclusive variants from character specific chests?

Would you like the character specific relics to have an innate pity timer for exclusive variants?

• Total voters

Rineé

Reaction score
It's rather disappointing to spend several weeks grinding for theonite for 11 character specific relics and then to get nothing more other than bronze and silver variations. Now, I do understand that you shouldn't necessarily be guaranteed an exclusive variation every single time you purchase 11 relics, but I would think that the offer can be made more attractive if there were a pity timer. Otherwise, it's really disappointing to feel that you have grinded (or purchased) theonite and didn't manage to get that exclusive variant you would've wanted.

Personally, I have purchased 33 character specific relics without getting a single exclusive variant since my last one (which yielded a Buzzkill Painwheel, the only exclusive variant that I have to date) and it's starting to get rather demoralizing and boring. Kinda like continuously throwing the premium currency in a bottomless hole and getting nothing from it. I have no doubt that there are others who have spent even more without finding an exclusive variant, so I am quite aware that it can be far worse. Ultimately, adding the time spent grinding with the disappointment of getting nothing interesting for the relics you purchased can contribute to players getting burned out and even dropping the game entirely, which is never good.

I would suggest adding some sort of pity timer for exclusive variants so that even though you may have purchased those 11 relics at once and got nothing interesting, you would at the very least feel that you are working towards getting an exclusive variant. In this case, the pity timer would guarantee that every relic that you purchase has an increased chance of yielding you the exclusive variant you have been grinding towards. Given that the earning of theonite is to some extent generous I wouldn't know after how many relics should the pity timer activate. Nonetheless, as more and more F2P games use this mechanic, I would think that its inclusion would be a beneficial idea to keep the player-base happy and engaged with the game.

I kinda like this idea. And considering character exclusives are actually slightly rarer than the normal gold would give some (minor) reason for this. I'd say every character exclusive relic would increase the chance by .5%. Now this would be separate for each one. Example: You buy ten Cerebella relics; you gain 5% chance for Armed Forces and only her. This would make it easier, but you would still have to buy the relics for others to increase their chances. I'd also recommend a limit to the percent increase. Maybe make the chance max to 15-20%.

I kinda like this idea. And considering character exclusives are actually slightly rarer than the normal gold would give some (minor) reason for this. I'd say every character exclusive relic would increase the chance by .5%. Now this would be separate for each one. Example: You buy ten Cerebella relics; you gain 5% chance for Armed Forces and only her. This would make it easier, but you would still have to buy the relics for others to increase their chances. I'd also recommend a limit to the percent increase. Maybe make the chance max to 15-20%.

From what I've seen pity timers don't usually have a maximum chance just so that unlucky players don't suffer from bad RNG. In Hearhtstone, for example, you're guaranteed to get a legendary every 50 packs from your last one. Nonetheless, a maximum of 20% does sound good for a start compared to what we have now. I wouldn't know if they should be separate for each character specific relic, since once you have every variant from a relic you may want to focus on another and getting a bulk of 11 relics may end up with some 'leftover' variants. But it would be a nice trade-off because otherwise players might be getting characters too fast.