• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Should pity timers be added for exclusive variants from character specific chests? (Repost/Feedback)

Would you like the character specific relics to have an innate pity timer for exclusive variants?

• Total voters

Rineé

Reaction score
To get this out of the way, this is a post I have made in the Feedback & Suggestion section a small while ago (The original post can be found here: http://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/t...from-character-specific-chests.650/#post-4455). I decided to repost it here in the Basic Discussion section because there's not a lot of discussion going on in the Feedback & Suggestion section. After all, I have seen suggestions being offered here as well and I'd like to raise some awareness to an idea for a change that may improve the enjoyment of this game for all of us. I have added a poll to this post to see if people would generally like the idea of a pity timer in character specific relics. Feel free to share your thoughts and suggestions!

Original post begins here:
It's rather disappointing to spend several weeks grinding for theonite for 11 character specific relics and then to get nothing more other than bronze and silver variations. Now, I do understand that you shouldn't necessarily be guaranteed an exclusive variation every single time you purchase 11 relics, but I would think that the offer can be made more attractive if there were a pity timer. Otherwise, it's really disappointing to feel that you have grinded (or purchased) theonite and didn't manage to get that exclusive variant you would've wanted.

Personally, I have purchased 33 character specific relics without getting a single exclusive variant since my last one (which yielded a Buzzkill Painwheel, the only exclusive variant that I have to date) and it's starting to get rather demoralizing and boring. Kinda like continuously throwing the premium currency in a bottomless hole and getting nothing from it. I have no doubt that there are others who have spent even more without finding an exclusive variant, so I am quite aware that it can be far worse. Ultimately, adding the time spent grinding with the disappointment of getting nothing interesting for the relics you purchased can contribute to players getting burned out and even dropping the game entirely, which is never good.

I would suggest adding some sort of pity timer for exclusive variants so that even though you may have purchased those 11 relics at once and got nothing interesting, you would at the very least feel that you are working towards getting an exclusive variant. In this case, the pity timer would guarantee that every relic that you purchase has an increased chance of yielding you the exclusive variant you have been grinding towards. Given that the earning of theonite is to some extent generous I wouldn't know after how many relics should the pity timer activate. Nonetheless, as more and more F2P games use this mechanic, I would think that its inclusion would be a beneficial idea to keep the player-base happy and engaged with the game.

Oh, so kinda like if you would purchase the 10+1 for the exclusive and every time you'd buy it ten times(I'm just saying a random number as an example) you'd be more proned to get the exclusive variant? Interesting... I'd say, a pity timer would kinda be like the shard to get relic, yeah? :) Sounds cool.

One thing I want to point out: The pity timer is an awesome idea, but wouldn't the exclusive variant just be given out a little too easily?

Oh, so kinda like if you would purchase the 10+1 for the exclusive and every time you'd buy it ten times(I'm just saying a random number as an example) you'd be more proned to get the exclusive variant? Interesting... I'd say, a pity timer would kinda be like the shard to get relic, yeah? :) Sounds cool.

One thing I want to point out: The pity timer is an awesome idea, but wouldn't the exclusive variant just be given out a little too easily?

I thought of the idea that this pity timer could potentially make exclusive variants too easy to collect, but this largely depends on two factors. The percentage amount of chance that would be added per non-exclusive relic and the average time it takes for someone to get 1500 for 11 relics (I'm saying 11 relics here rather that just individual ones because I assume almost everyone goes for it due to it being the best value you can get) could be looked at and a reasonable middle ground can be set. A previous user from the original post had an idea about each relic adding 0.5% to the pity timer while also making it have a max percentage. This coupled with the idea that character specific relics could have separate pity timers could present a worthwhile system.

If getting exclusive golds are any easier than they are now, that wouldn't make them so exclusive anymore.

Also for every 25 fighters you acquire, you'll get 1 Shard to Get relic which guarantees a silver or gold fighter.

If getting exclusive golds are any easier than they are now, that wouldn't make them so exclusive anymore.

Also for every 25 fighters you acquire, you'll get 1 Shard to Get relic which guarantees a silver or gold fighter.

They are not easy to acquire since the % chance is really low. I was saying that getting enough theonite is easy since it would take around a week and a half to get to 1500. Though I think you are misunderstanding what I am referring to when I called them exclusive variants. They are exclusive because there's only one way of acquiring them (character specific relic) rather than the other characters which can be acquired through multiple types of relics of prize fights. It's not about them being very rare - even the description of character relics states "Exclusive chance to get" i.e. having only one source through which it can be acquired.

They are not easy to acquire since the % chance is really low.

About a 3-6% chance to get an exclusive from the character relic, this is pretty generous compared to some of the other games I've played. I disagree with making exclusive fighters available anywhere else other than their character relic.

About a 3-6% chance to get an exclusive from the character relic, this is pretty generous compared to some of the other games I've played. I disagree with making exclusive fighters available anywhere else other than their character relic.
No, it's 3% per relic or 6% per 11 relics to get a gold character, the chance to get an exclusive character would be of around 1.5% per relic or 3% per 11 relics. Whether it is or it is not 'pretty generous' depends on personal oppinion, I suppose. Also, I didn't mention anything about making exclusive characters anywhere else other than their character relic.