• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Crash Skullgirls App Launch Crash After iOS Download

Vulcanto

Reaction score
I downloaded the update from the AppStore and I can’t open the Skullgirls app anymore. I thought it was to prevent crashes but for me the app crashes immediately now. I can’t even get to a loading screen.

Have you already attempted to do a fresh install as opposed to updating?

Yes I have already deleted and reinstalled the app to see if it will fix the issue. It still crashes to a black screen and sends me to my iPhone home screen. I don’t even get to see the Skullgirls loading screen at all. I haven’t been able to play since the patch.

We currently are working on a fix for a bug that results in player XP and fighter XP not displaying correctly and sometimes causes the game to crash. For some players it crashes after each fight and I've seen at least one other report of a player not being able to load the game either.

As far as we can tell, this issue is caused by the device being set to a language other than English. If that's the case for you as well, will you try setting your Device to English (if it isn't already) and see if the game loads?

My game is originally set to English so I don’t know if that’s the issue. I’ve seen a few other people mention it on the Skullgirls mobile Reddit.
04106A6B-3641-4C6A-8AA7-424FBE0FAAB6.jpeg
Seems like they also weren’t able to login at all. If there is any other information you need from me, please let me know.

Is your device also set to English?

Will you share your device info for me? Which iOS device are you playing on and which OS version are you using?

I am using an iPhone 8 with iOS 11.4

Last edited:
I downloaded the new update for 4.5.3 to see if it resolves the app crashes but sadly to no avail. It’s still shutting me out right when I click the app. It’s still the same black screen for less than a second and sends me back to my iPhone home page. I haven’t been able to play all week and it seems like I will miss the Valentine’s Day prize fight too. I hope the issue will be resolved soon.

Do you have any other devices you can attempt to log in with? To see if it's specific to your personal device or your account?

I tried to log in to the app with my old iPhone 5s and my iPad and they both have been unable to log in. They experience the same issue of black screen crash right when I launch it. They are both on iOS 11.4. I will try to update their iOS and see if anything changes.

Thanks for looking into all this, we did in fact make some other updates in 4.5.2 that may have impacted the minimum OS. We're looking into it, but additional info on your end will help us verify!

I updated my iPhone 5s to iOS 12.5.1 and I can login again and it’s not crashing immediately. So I think the problem might be iOS related. I’ll play on my iPhone 5s around some more and see if I experience any more crashes. I’ll hold off on upgrading my iPhone 8 iOS for the moment. In the future, is the minimum iOS going to be higher? I would prefer to still be able to play Skullgirls without having to upgrade my iOS.

I’ve played almost a week now on my old iPhone 5s and it has been crashing quite often during the games. It also takes a long time for load times and constantly has connection issues. At the moment the silver lining is that I can at least login instead of immediately crashing.

My sister hasn’t updated her Skullgirls app after seeing my issue with logging in but today the app is forcing her to update in order to play. She also has a 11.4 iOS but for her iPhone 7. Is there any news on a patch to allow the lower iOS to play? She doesn’t have room to update her iOS to play Skullgirls.

Forgive the late reply, we currently don't have plans to specifically address any performance issues on iOS 11.