• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Social feature: invite friends to a private match

TonyPartridge30

Reaction score
The addition of friends list and private matches were both really great. But what if you could combine those features?

Currently, private matches are set up so that someone hosts a room and provides the room code to the challenger so they can meet up. This requires posting the room code publicly in some fashion, either on the game chat or in the discord or even here on the forums. But that also leaves the potential for other, unintended people to snipe their way into a private match. You can try to avoid this by using DMs or private messages through certain services, but there's no guarantee your intended matchup is available to see that message when you want to have a bout.

Here's my suggestion: add an option to the Social Hub to challenge friends to a private match. The Social Hub already let's us know when our friends are online, so you could then click on an online friend's name and send them an invite for a private match. Currently we are limited to dueling friends only by challenging their designated profile character, which is ok but not nearly as engaging as a PvP match. Obviously, the recipient of the invite should be able to decline it if they don't feel like participating; maybe the system could send the invite via the Mail, and accepting the invite would automatically transport the player to the Private Match lobby (while a decline would notify the sender they don't want to participate). And maybe a cooldown on sending invites could be applied to prevent people from spamming the feature.

This suggestion stems from a desire to expand interaction between friends within the game. Currently, the Social Hub exists almost purely as a gift exchange feature. We are very limited in our ability to interact with people on our friends list. I imagine that, if a Guild system is still incoming, that will come with increased ways to interact with friends within the game (maybe a guild chat or something). But until then, I think adding a way to invite people to private matches from the social hub will increase the usefulness for both features.

If this sort of suggestion has been made before, sorry, couldn't find a thread that talked about it. :p

Yes. Currently there is no way to chat with friends in friendslist, if they never shows up either on chats or on forums, like me. They are becoming just friends with benefits. I really want to talk to person with whom I had exchanged hundreds of gifts.
D O S O M E T H I N G

I agree a lot on that, I would love talking with the friends on my friend's list, I wanna thank them for the gifts and have occasional chats. Would be useful to also indicate in wich channel they are actually in so I could find them easier

This should be it to keep those weak players up on the gain guild and stuff, could also show them things on to play too for the newbies.