• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

some noob questions ^^;

cerebella

Reaction score
hello !!
i'm pretty brand new to skullgirls as a whole (with the mobile ver being my first experience at all , though i intend to get the steam one soon. but that's not important so Anyway) and i'm pretty bad at.. everything. i'm slowly learning stuff, blah blah, and i've got some questions! i've read through as many guides as possible, but here goes.​

• how do i level up a silver fighter (or any, for that matter) quickly? i did the 10+1 cerebella summon today, and in my excitement had my previously 1.2k understudy become a silver. 680. i'm really, really regretting this now, as she was the main firepower for my team. i'm stuck on ascent of a woman already, and i just... regret things. i don't know what to do!
  • what are good ways to score combos for cere, fila and painwheel? those are the current three that keep my team afloat, but for some of the harder fights, it's getting hard to land a blow. ai manages to trip me before i can make a move, and then i'm dead™.
  • for making a silver fighter into a gold, do the sacrificed fighters have to be the /exact/ same? for instance, to make gray matter gold, would four cerebellas do, or would it have to be four gray matter ceres?
  • i just realized i had a lot fewer questions than initially thought. there'll probably be more later, and thanks to all in advance for putting up with me !

ps: guess my favorite fighter. just.. guess.

hello !!
i'm pretty brand new to skullgirls as a whole (with the mobile ver being my first experience at all , though i intend to get the steam one soon. but that's not important so Anyway) and i'm pretty bad at.. everything. i'm slowly learning stuff, blah blah, and i've got some questions! i've read through as many guides as possible, but here goes...​
I'll leave some of your questions to people more capable of addressing them, but for starters? Prize fights are the key to quick levels at any rarity. Even if you lose a streak, consider them to be just for leveling when you're getting started.

As for evolving, it's as you suspected-- any unit in the appropriate rarity works. So if you've got four silver Cerebellas with the one you want to change to gold, you're good. Just keep in mind you might want to keep extras to raise later.

i'm pretty brand new to skullgirls as a whole (with the mobile ver being my first experience at all , though i intend to get the steam one soon.
Welcome to Skullgirls! You'll never leave. @_@

how do i level up a silver fighter (or any, for that matter) quickly? ...my previously 1.2k understudy become a silver. 680. i'm really, really regretting this now
Prize Fights. Just hammer away at them and get your streaks as high as possible. You'll gain XP really quick even if you lose a fight here or there. Silvers gain strength MUCH faster than Bronzes, so your new Silver Bella will very quickly become stronger than she ever was as a Bronze.

If you haven't leveled up enough to be allowed to enter PFs, then just stick to Daily character specific missions until Prize Fights become available. Resist the urge to sacrifice your duplicate characters for XP as you'll probably need em for character skill points later on!
what are good ways to score combos... ai manages to trip me before i can make a move, and then i'm dead™.
This is more of a generic tip for combat in this game: NEVER ATTACK FIRST. Just wait and block. When the enemy attacks and you're blocking, you'll be able to attack them afterwards when they're still recovering from their attack. So just wait and block then very quickly attack as soon as they finish attacking.

When you're just starting out just use regular generic combos: tap tap tap combo, swipe up for launcher, tap tap tap in the air, blockbuster or special when they hit the ground. Once you've mastered the block/attack setup and can counter attack in your sleep you can move onto more advanced combos.

A particular tip for Cerebella: If you've started attacking someone but they block, wait until the last hit of your combo then use either of her special grabs: Diamond Dynamo (blockbuster) or Merry Go-Rilla (special). It'll give you a free hit (though MGR won't work if they're pushed right into the corner).

for making a silver fighter into a gold, do the sacrificed fighters have to be the /exact/ same?
Nope. Any silver Bella will work fine for evolving another silver Bella.

thank you all so much for the replies !! i posted this the day before i went on a trip and didn't have my login info at the ready, so i wasn't able to really.. reply. but i've made progress since, and again- i hugely appreciate the help!

i have a couple more (just as dumb) questions, i'm afraid!

• If one of your fighters is killed on the leftmost part of the screen, and your next is sent in- is there any way to avoid the impending attacks? As you're stuck in that corner and all. I've lost more fights than I care to admit bc of this.
  • Painwheel. Is flight risk useful? How do you use it without grabbing/hitting up?? Are there any ways to kill w/o being attacked? (i mean, i'd assume, but take into consideration i kinda suck)
  • Sillier question: is there any prize to defeating the three training fighters? I'm tempted to try, but I feel like I'd be wasting hours of my time for nothing.
  • Does each fighter have 2 unblockable blockbusters?
  • dread locks filia and how to beat her. oh. my. god.
thank you again !!

If one of your fighters is killed on the leftmost part of the screen, and your next is sent in- is there any way to avoid the impending attacks?
Hold block while your guy is jumping in. You don't have to wait for them to land, just hold block from any time after your first guy dies and the next one will drop in blocking. There is a tiiiiiny window where you can't block, but it's very rare the opponent will hit that.
As long as you keep blocking you can just wait for the opponent to do something that makes it safe to attack. Of course, if the enemy is already right up on top of you in the corner, there's a chance they might throw you, so be ready to tech their throw if you see one!

Is flight risk useful? How do you use it without grabbing/hitting up?? Are there any ways to kill w/o being attacked?
I think it's totally useless. I honestly forget it's even there until the opponent uses it. Painwheel can do crazy damage with her regular attacks so I never use this.
To use it you need to swipe up twice. If you're getting a Throw or a Launcher, you're either doing it too fast or too slow.

Sillier question: is there any prize to defeating the three training fighters?
Nope. You're not meant to kill them, but it's certainly possible!

Does each fighter have 2 unblockable blockbusters?
Nope. Eliza, Painwheel, Parasoul and Peacock only have one each.

dread locks filia and how to beat her. oh. my. god.
Use attacks that cause a lot of Bleed, or use characters that can regenerate health.