• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"SOULS SISTER" Fukua - Strategy and Discussion

cappatacus

Reaction score
Screenshot_2020-03-17-23-32-26-1.png
SOULS SISTER
Element: Fire
Rarity: Silver

SA (speculative):
AMINA MAGNETISM

HITS grant X% METER while far from the opponent.
Also gain ENRAGE on HIT while far from the opponent.

MOVES
Love Dart - SM
Lobs of Love - SM
Swarm Embrace - BB

THOUGHTS:
I'm mildly worried that the requirement of being far from the opponent will be difficult to work with, since that hasn't worked out in cases like RF's MA (Ping Check, right?) where it's too difficult to be far from the opponent for the ability to work out. The combo presented in the video seemed good, but in practice, only time will tell. Also -- this is the third Mortal Kombat character in this tier, plus one more character than each rarity normally has on initial release. I have to wonder if this is to compensate for the extra fighters given to each character over the year, or to complete the Mortal-Kombat-Main-Three-Elements set. (It's okay. I know the truth. I support it.)

This is my first time creating a character discussion thread. It certainly doesn't outshine @BallotBoxer 's work but hey, I'm on mobile lol

haha, it's perfect!

I watch the demonstration video over and over, but this Ermac Fukua (the "Souls Sister" name is flawless) is the toughest to decipher. The way I see the SA:

SA1 - When far from opponent, gain a stack of ENRAGE
SA2 - When far, blockbusters are UNBLOCKABLE and upon hit, gain up to 5 stacks of ENRAGE?

When Fukua shoots that giant fireball BB it ends in a blink. Valentine gets nearly destroyed, and then that grab BB inflicts fatigue, but Val doesn't live long enough for it to stun.

Reactions: cappatacus
A few things that I observed:

1. If you watch it carefully, she gains BB meter when far from the opponent, regardless of hit! It's a reverse Toad Warrior!

2. Also, important to note that she uses energy ball moves to gain those enrages and unblockable hits! This doesn't happen during her finishing BB. And it seems that each energy ball hit grants a stack of enrage (the energy ball blockbuster hits multiple times).

3. She has TWO energy ball special moves and ONE energy ball blockbuster. If you look at the picture below, the "UNBLOCKABLE" appears when she uses her most far left energy ball special move (followed later by the energy ball blockbuster).

upload_2020-3-18_9-17-30.png

Overall, I think she's a variant that puts a lot more emphasis on Fukua's energy ball trait.

I think her SA is quite simple:

ANIMA MAGNETISM
SA1: Gain 1/2/3% BLOCKBUSTER METER per second while far from an opponent.
SA2: Gain a stack of ENRAGE when an ENERGY BALL hits the opponent. While benefiting from ENRAGE, ENERGY BALL moves and blockbusters are UNBLOCKABLE.

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-18_9-11-9.png
    upload_2020-3-18_9-11-9.png
    524.3 KB · Views: 3
I was too focused on how quickly her meter filled in large chunks to notice the slower, not-on-hit gain. (Although, it seems like either A) they bumped up meter gain for the demo or B) she has some other increased meter on hit.) It still seems like it's on hit that she gains enrage. I honestly hadn't noticed the UNBLOCKABLE, either, haha. It was pretty late/early over here when I watched it first.

Fascinating, looks like another super strong variant, but has some extra requirements for when her SAs are active to help balance her. Also, I'm trying to decipher some more about Fukua's moves. (Moves only show their names when their secondary effect procs. Moves with no secondary effect never show their names.)

Special Moves:
  • Love Dart (the horizontal orb special): Reduces opponent BB meters by ~20%.
  • Lobs of Love (arced orb): Reduces opponent BB meters by ~20%. (Possibly the same one as Love Dart because they seem to be based on two different variations of one of her moves from the console game. I wonder if it homes in on the target or always follows the same arced path?)
  • Swarm Embrace (Clone throw that smacks the opponent on the ground): Inflicts Fatigue. Seems to have a very low % chance though.
  • Forever a Clone (Cilia Slide-esque clone): Inflicts Heal Block.
  • (Currently unnamed Drillashionship move): Hasn't shown any secondary effect yet, so its name is unknown. Might not have a secondary effect.
  • Breakdown (Taunt): Grants 1 stack of Miasma.

Blockbusters:
  • (Drill Tempered-esque BB1): Can be used on the ground as a finisher like Filia's Drill Tempered, or in the air as a juggle extender. Can't tell if it has a secondary effect.
  • Goodnight Kiss (Orb BB1): Chance to Inflict Fatigue and Wither. Not a 100% chance, since it doesn't proc in Souls' preview.
  • Inevitable Snuggle (Throw BB2): Regain a portion of damage dealt as health.
  • Best Friends Forever (Shadow BB2): ??? (It procs in Phantom Rain's preview, but I can't tell what it does. Not crit rate though.)

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Screenshot_2020-03-25-11-51-23.png
I believe it was SS's demonstration that showed a meter drain, but that's just a part of Lobs of Love's upgraded ability, and it's increased with distance which means it synergizes well with this SA. Nice.

In-Depth Review: SOULS SISTER

Screenshot_2020-04-04-21-59-39-61.png

What's the difference between Filia and Fukua? Fukua uses her Clone and specializes in using Ranged Weapons a.k.a. Projectiles a lot.​

Her Concept?
Imagine Primed spawning Tears + M3OW with PING Check + Toad Warrior with Reverse Turbo Tunnel = Souls Sister

Signature Ability: Anima Magnetism
- Gain 3% BLOCKBUSTER METER per second while far away from the opponent.
- Gain ENRAGE for 10 seconds when landing a HIT while Far Away from the opponent.​

Screenshot_2020-04-03-18-59-15-96.png

MA Recommendation: Spectral Spite – Deal 1% Bonus Damage for every 15% HEALTH missing.​

Screenshot_2020-04-03-18-59-18-81.png

This character is Based on ERMAC from Mortal Combat.

Ermac-Mortal-Kombat-X-PNG-HD.png 1843843.jpg

IMO?
On paper and trailer video, Souls Sister sounds like a pretty broken fighter. Gain Enrage from far away when HIT. If you are successful, you'll gain 5x Enrage like there is no tomorrow! Her damage is reasonably good, but however, her Health is just okay. Well, same like old Silver Filia tho. Making her a lil bit squishy if she gets hit. But her Enrage is last long. 10 seconds is quite long. 30 seconds DOOM from Xenomorph is too long. There's a difference.

She is a lot more strategic than she sounds. Because the player has to be able to get momentum (Far Away) in order to maximize her insane damage output. But her main strength is for sure gaining 5x Enrage in flash like no others. Which does counter her Health drawbacks, because gaining Enrage is pretty strong and helpful in any scenario.

Her stats maxed out at level 40 are 2,112 Attack and 8,726 HP and an overall Fighting Score of 3,670.

From all Silver, this put her stats quite high up there with the rest of the top tier Natural Silvers. On paper, her stats are better to compare to her 2 variants. Out of all 3 Fukua Silver Variants. Souls Sister is the strongest one. I mean in power. She can Meter pretty easily but you have to be far away.

But Jesus. IT MEANS not as fast as a Toad Warrior can gain Meter?! You're right. Considering our smarter and aggressive AI right now. Welcome to 2020.

She is a fighter whose primary strength is snowballing to become a serious threat. However, landing these far away projectiles is her biggest issue / challenge. In addition, Regally Blonde can counter her by emptying her meter if she chooses to use BB other than BB3 against her. So you have to start over and swiping back of your screen. You know when you're too far, they are begin to Charge Attack out of nowhere haha.

You know there is a limitation in a stage right? That's her issue and I don’t want to talk about her MA. I think it is loud and clear enough to understand.

Indeed, her SA are useable only for Offense. I find her SA are quite a bit tricky since you need her to be FAR AWAY. If you want to build her, just keep in mind. Far away is something that's been hard to achieve in practice. But unlike M3OW. Souls Sister base attack damage cover her up, she has reasonable good damage. So that closed her up with her lil bit low HP. But not that low hehe.

Oh almost forgot. You need to struggle also to find correct-moves-in-order-to-activate-her-SA. You can't just put random moves on her. Trust me

I don't want to talk about Miasma (my phone runs like a potato every time Miasma appears on my screen). But for sure Miasma is a powerful Buff either from the player perspective or even from AI perspective. It is up to you to use her TAUNT or not. But for me. Her 3 moves are more important if you want to trigger her SA.

Since I don't have any video recording app on my phone. Let me show you just from my screenshots only. This is how it works, in practice.

Screenshot_2020-04-03-07-59-20-23.png

Is her SA trigger? Nope, still not far enough...

Screenshot_2020-04-03-07-59-23-14.png

Perfect. If you ask me how far she can use her SA? This is the answer. Around 1865km away from the opponent.

Last edited:
Moves Recommendation and WHY?
1. Goodnight Kiss - Projectile.
2. Lobs of Love - Projectile (Please take note that this Special Move is UNBLOCKABLE, the range of it is VERY FAR and its hitbox is very little. But it is UNBLOCKABLE). For me, I always use this one first and then combine it either with Goodnight Kiss after that or Love Dart after that. You can only choose one. But it will be connected once you successfully hit Lobs of Love.
3. Love Dart - Projectile.​

Screenshot_2020-04-03-08-17-54-40.png

Anyway, I need to evolver her Gold in order to set Love Dart on her. Because currently, her Move Space is only 20 in Silver. 21 on Gold Tier, I can replace her TAUNT to Love Dart.​

Screenshot_2020-04-04-21-43-07-76.png

My Personal Stats
Pardon me, she still under development. Considering I use a flat stat on her from one of the Special Move. Can't say much since Fukua's Event had been on the 2nd week. Finding some perfect stats for her need sometime. For sure my only concern so far is to make her abilities active as many as I can but also figure it out how to survive in a battle as long as I can.

Screenshot_2020-04-03-18-12-05-06.png

How useful is her Character Ability? Sanguine Shadows
Surprisingly very useful. Set her on the front row or 2nd slot. She is an Offensive Oriented Fighter, right? If you do mistakes, making her Health dropdown. Tag Out. I'm sure she will recover quite a lot. This picture below is an example of how Sanguine Shadows work.​

Screenshot_2020-04-04-09-29-49-38.png

Scale Priority to Invest in her?
I'd say medium. She is a tricky fighter in a reasonably good damage way. She is fun to use, don't be afraid. She is not as hard as M3OW and not as easy as Sheltered to gain Enrage. She is somewhere in between. So do you think she worth Gold or even Diamond?​

How much it cost me?
Oh, I'm sure y'all gonna like this. She is SHINY. So 273 Skill Points // 537.000 Canopy Coins (with Level 1 Marquee). The cost for fully building 1 Bronze Fighter with Level 1 Marquee. Shiny really comes in handy when it comes to your wallet.

Screenshot_2020-04-03-07-49-08-01.png

Compare to regular fighter​

Screenshot_2020-04-03-07-49-45-97.png

Also, the cost of her MA..​

Screenshot_2020-04-03-08-25-21-06.png

Comparison
To activate Souls Sister's SA are not as easy as you gaining Enrage on Sheltered, Primed, Risky Ginger, Scarlet Viper, Djinn Frizz, Surgeon General, Beatbox, Heavy Handed, Mean One, Thrill Shrieker, Oh Mai, Number One, or even Pyro Technique. You need to buy sometimes to swipe your finger into your side screen, to make your SS “far away from the opponent" and by far. That's the ONLY way to activate her SA. Like it or not.​

Quick Tip
I just found out that her complete Dash Attack can make your opponent far away. IF it's successful you already activate your SA. I recommend to start your attack with Lobs of Love.

Screenshot_2020-04-04-21-31-55-06.png

Screenshot_2020-04-04-21-33-15-48.png

Screenshot_2020-04-04-21-32-54-81.png

Last edited:
But her Enrage is last long. 10 seconds is quite long.
Really? I always thought 10s is too short. Sometimes i can't even punish the enemy in 10s because there isn't any opening yet

In-Depth Review: SOULS SISTER
IMO?

On paper and trailer video, Souls Sister sounds like a pretty broken fighter. Gain Enrage from far away when HIT. If you are successful, you'll gain 5x Enrage like there is no tomorrow! Her damage is reasonably good, but however, her Health is just okay. Well, same as old Silver Filia tho. Making her a lil bit squishy if she gets hit. But her Enrage is last long. 10 seconds is quite long. 30 seconds DOOM from Xenomorph is too long. There's a difference.

She is a lot more strategic than she sounds. Because the player has to be able to get momentum (Far Away) in order to maximize her insane damage output. But her main strength is for sure gaining 5x Enrage in flash like no others. Which does counter her Health drawbacks, because gaining Enrage is pretty strong and helpful in any scenario.
First and foremost, another great review from you .KUDA I'm always looking forward to it.

It is by far the most detail review at the moment in this Forums. But I kinda think this is a full PF wise right?

She is so battle-ready with that look combining with her color scheme. But damn she is a Shiny, you're lucky. It cost really damn cheap for your wallet. I just got my Shiny Primed today. Thank God I'm not even fully build my Primed yet.

This character is Based on ERMAC from Mortal Combat.

Yes, you're correct also since I play a world competition of Mortal Combat ESports here in Canada. Ermac is one truly range fighter. He won't hesitate to punish you when you hit by one of those Orbs. I think it's very similar to our SGM Fighter here. Also her SA. So kudos to both of you and developers for addressing this.

Yeah, I agree with you. She is strong! She has that promising base damage especially with 5x Enrage in a blink of an eye if you succeed enough from afar.

Since I don't have any video recording app on my phone. Let me show you just from my screenshots only. This is how it works, in practice.

screenshot_2020-04-03-07-59-20-23-png.9167

Is her SA trigger? Nope, still not far enough...

screenshot_2020-04-03-07-59-23-14-png.9168

Perfect. If you ask me how far she can use her SA? This is the answer. Around 1865km away from the opponent.

I think it comes in a time when you have to choose. Whether you choose a Close-Range fighter or Long-Range fighter. But when it comes to this Souls Sister, you have to be in a Long-Range to activate both SA. Lmao the 1865km it gets me! Are you familiar with her tippy tap tap stepping? It's kinda annoying or maybe I just need to adapt, she is physically Filia. When I swipe my screen I feel like she supposed to dash in a blink xD

Quick Tip
I just found out that her complete Dash Attack can make your opponent far away. IF it's successful you already activate your SA. I recommend to start your attack with Lobs of Love.

screenshot_2020-04-04-21-31-55-06-png.9178

screenshot_2020-04-04-21-33-15-48-png.9181

screenshot_2020-04-04-21-32-54-81-png.9180
Hmm regarding her Anima Magnetism. I'm 100% copy-paste the way you recommended and somehow it works! It's easier than I thought it would be. The gaining Enrage from her SA is not as hard as M3OW and not as easy as Sheltered or even Primed to spam her Tears. You just need to be patients and some of her normal moves can make any enemy far away from you. So it is automatically activated the Anima Magnetism!

Is there any easiest target for Souls Sister so far? I just wondering. Since people (I guess) will afraid to use her "Far Away" SA.

Reactions: Kontol Kuda
First and foremost, another great review from you .KUDA I'm always looking forward to it.

It is by far the most detail review at the moment in this Forums. But I kinda think this is a full PF wise right?

Hei there Bullet-Proof,

I'm glad it is well received so far. Thank you for your kind words.

For sure she worth Gold. I'm going to evolve her soon. You just need a couple of battles to get used to Fukua. She is not as tricky as Double or Robo Fortune to use. She is S Tier Combos. Doing a combo on any Fukua is a must. Because she is capable to do so and how easy she is to use. She sounds awesome and hit awesomely. It's very easy to make your enemy be far-away because of your simple attack. So don't be afraid to use or invest on her ^^v

Is there any easiest target for Souls Sister so far? I just wondering. Since people (I guess) will afraid to use her "Far Away" SA.

Yes! The answer to that is Eliza and Cerebella variants so far. I found that hitting them always causing a succeed hit from afar. You should try.

I'm very picky when using SS because she is still a Silver. I tried my Silver Souls Sister in between 10 to 20 Streaks and she works of wonders! Her projectiles from afar (while intercepting them) are so good, gaining myself a multiple Enrage. Like a "Goodnight Kiss", if you succeed. Instant 4x Enrage.

Also, her 3% Blockbusters Meter from Afar kinda helps. Not too helpful, and not as fast as Toad Warrior can gain Meter. Since the enemy will always come to you. But it helps.

PS: Go ahead to fully build your Primed. You have a Golden Ticket already!

Screenshot_2020-04-04-21-33-15-48.png

Last edited:
Hei there @.KUDA, I’ve got 5 points to ask:

1. I did follow your guidance regarding Souls Sister’s TOP 5 Moves. All of them are working properly. But one of them won’t work - Lobs of Love. It said, UNBLOCKABLE. On practice, why it doesn’t Unblockable? It is. Even the enemy far or even close. The green orb 100% hit the enemy but THEY CAN BLOCK IT.

2. Which teammate best for her and WHY?

3. Does her Taunt work best for her?

4. Her weaknesses?

5. Stats recommendation for Souls Sister?

Hei there @.KUDA, I’ve got 5 points to ask:

Hei there BeepBoopMeow101,

1. Indeed, I experienced the same thing as you. Lobs of Love it seems like not UNBLOCKABLE. They can Block it. Maybe bug? I'm sure they're going to fix it in our next patch. Someone reported it already.

2. Scrub: She's become now one of the best Fukua Supports, due to her full scratch dmg health bar feature
Peashooter: Because she Increasing 35% Bonus Damage for all teammates Projectiles.
Surgeon General: Well, the truth is she can pair up with anyone. Regen and Immunity.
Evergreen Evil: Buff more reset.
Trauma Center: Because she kinda lacks in HP. You need to play safe and sound while wreaking some havoc.

3. At the moment yes. Until Special Move - Lobs of Love is fixed! Miasma is broken no matter how you use it. Miasma is very powerful Buff / overpowered indeed. And the easiest way to counter Miasma is by not having BBs equipped. Which is suicide. If Lobs of Love is fix, for sure I'll change her Taunt with it.

4. Her HP maybe? Her laggy-ness because of how Miasma work on screen?

5. Attack, Meter Gain, Piercing and Special Cooldown.
She is a simple Offensive Fighter. What you need to concern is how to find the correct "Moves Set" to her. Unlike the other Fukua who freely fight close to them, you can treat the same to Souls Sister. Souls Sister sometimes needs to be far away in order to active her SA. That is why some of her Long-Range-Move-Sets are very important.

Last edited:
20200903_235151.jpgIm just haply to have a shiny lol

Attachments

• 20200903_235151.jpg
    20200903_235151.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 3