• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Special move cooldown lag on Filia

Wulfden

Reaction score
Greetings, everyone! Unfortunately the size limit has prevented me from attaching a video so I posted one on YouTube here:

If it helps, I'm running a samsung S9+ at Android version 10 and have currently updated the game to 5.1.

What I'm dealing with here is that Filia sometimes has her Hairball move grayed out and unable to use when usually it would have finished cooldown. This doesn't seem to happen to my other characters than my Parasite Weave.

Reactions: Myakishrrr
To prevent certain kinds of infinite combos, Special Moves and Blockbusters can only be used once per combo. The actual bug here (introduced by 5.1, maybe?) is that your combo appears to reset while Valentine stands back up, but in my prior experience it should continue as long as your opponent is in a stun state -- whether that's hitstun from your attacks or all-caps STUN from Parasite Weave's Signature Ability.

You will see this behavior much more (on every character) if you build a team with a large amount of Special Cooldown, whether that be from move stats, upgraded Harlequins, or the shortened base cooldowns that come with high-level moves.

To prevent certain kinds of infinite combos, Special Moves and Blockbusters can only be used once per combo. The actual bug here (introduced by 5.1, maybe?) is that your combo appears to reset while Valentine stands back up, but in my prior experience it should continue as long as your opponent is in a stun state -- whether that's hitstun from your attacks or all-caps STUN from Parasite Weave's Signature Ability.

You will see this behavior much more (on every character) if you build a team with a large amount of Special Cooldown, whether that be from move stats, upgraded Harlequins, or the shortened base cooldowns that come with high-level moves.
Thank you for your input! I was actually a bit confused by this because generally I like to do my usual combo and then follow up with a hairball at the end after my air hits.

Generally I never used Hairball except for situations like that, so, seeing Hairball still unable to be used threw me off. I will have to check back to see if this would happen with other moves on my other fighters but, suffice to say I am pretty curious what makes this tick!

Thanks again for responding, I truly appreciate it!

Greetings, everyone! Unfortunately the size limit has prevented me from attaching a video so I posted one on YouTube here:

If it helps, I'm running a samsung S9+ at Android version 10 and have currently updated the game to 5.1.

What I'm dealing with here is that Filia sometimes has her Hairball move grayed out and unable to use when usually it would have finished cooldown. This doesn't seem to happen to my other characters than my Parasite Weave.
Same thing. I don't know if it's a bug or not but it happens even with another combo sometimes.

I chatted with the team about this and basically this is a perfect storm of how the combo system works, wherein the combo counter will turn red or reset against a stunned character as well as the infinite prevention system triggering once per hit-stun chain.

So, in a nutshell, @Wulfden had it right, this is just a rare instance where the two systems overlap.