• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"SPLITTING IMAGE" - Strategy and Discussion

ZeoW

Reaction score
upload_2020-3-23_11-26-45.png
"... Who is that girl I see staring straight back at me?"
SPLITTING IMAGE FUKUA
Element:
Light
Variant: Diamond
Palette: #21 - Honoka (Dead or Alive 5 Last Round)
First Appearance: 4.2 (Mar. 2020)
Demo: https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1241877703374131202

Signature Ability

SELF REFLECTION

SA1: When HEALTH% is lower than the opponent's, gain permanent IMMUNITY and recover 1% HEALTH per second.
SA2: Gain 5% BLOCKBUSTER METER and 1 stack of PRECISION after every 5 seconds while facing a Fukua, Filia or a Light Element opponent.

At first glance, I thought she's an anti-Filia variant or something lol. But it occurred to me that her health was never lower than the Parasoul! Can't figure out how she gains PRECISION.

This looks like a possible Dread Locks counter?

Last edited:
Reactions: BallotBoxer
Agreed on SA1. As for SA2, perhaps the precision comes from getting up from a knockdown?

I think the quote is lyrics from "Reflection" a song in Mulan (1998).

Also, I find it amusing people on Twitter think the palette is an homage to Yuno Gasai (Future Diary) instead of Honoka (DoA). They can believe what they like. It is similar to Parasoul's #20, pink hair and yellow clothes, where it is meant to be Umbrella but to others it is some pony.

Reactions: Big Bep Bep
Agreed on SA1. As for SA2, perhaps the precision comes from getting up from a knockdown?

I think the quote is lyrics from "Reflection" a song in Mulan (1998).

Also, I find it amusing people on Twitter think the palette is an homage to Yuno Gasai (Future Diary) instead of Honoka (DoA). They can believe what they like. It is similar to Parasoul's #20, pink hair and yellow clothes, where it is meant to be Umbrella but to others it is some pony.

The thing is, the PRECISION appears again in 0:30 in the middle of a combo, the part where Fukua was about to use the ENERGY BALL blockbuster. It's very quick to miss unless you're actively searching for it.

Agreed with the quote. It's the only one I easily recognize so far.

The only thing remotely similar to Yuno is the hair. The clothes don't even match.. but oh well, people can believe whatever they want xD

It is similar to Parasoul's #20, pink hair and yellow clothes, where it is meant to be Umbrella but to others it is some pony.
Code:
Irghen will remember this.

Jokes aside, I thought Umbrella's pallette was a reference to Fluttershy. I mean it's the exact same colors.

I'm still waiting for a 3rd pony reference to complete my MLP team alongside Summer Salt and Blue Screen.

Also, the first time I saw Phantom Threads I thought she was a reference to Iori Yagami.

I have no idea how to counter her ability, I'm just screwed each time I'm up against her
Which ability: SA1 or SA2?

SA1 is basically a conditional regen that you can't get rid of unless you somehow apply Heal Block before she gets Immunity. It's a little annoying but it's manageable unless she's a much higher level or is hella spec'ed into HP. Characters that deal high damage per hit might be useful here, as well as equipping a Burst move so you can allow yourself to take some damage and break out of the combo before dying (the lower your HP% is, the less she'll be able to heal).
To counter SA2, just don't use a fighter that procs that ability. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: stale cheeto
I have no idea how to counter her ability, I'm just screwed each time I'm up against her

As long as you start with a bit of damage, you can do a number of debuff tricks.

The most obvious one I've seen someone post is that letting Xenomorph die by her hand always works.

If you're high risk, you can have a damaged Filia apply some permanent bleeds.

Combining a damaged Claw & Order lets you apply debuffs and keep renewing them. Sundae School as backup can make that easier.

Anything that Hexes or Curses her before the Immunity kicks in will keep it from kicking in later for an indeterminate amount of time, sometimes till she dies. I haven't figured out the precise pattern for this, but it's a useful tool.

Basically so long as you have the option to apply some debuffs she's no longer quite such a brick wall.

Or there's the *really* high risk strategy of coming in very damaged and trying to beat her from there. It's workable but there's no room for error.

Had a sudden thought: Purrminator.

Her damage increase doesn't have a cap on it, and she's got the elemental advantage buff.

My 95% Crit Rate / 36% Piercing Purrm is already what I use against heal-reliant teams since after only 30 seconds she can usually outpace their healing. Even if she starts out doing less than a percent per hit, by the time she gets past the first fighter she can easily take down the second in less than half the time of the first, then 0-to-death the final fighter in a single combo.

The moveset I use on mine is BB3 (buff removal / lots of crits) - Magnetic Trap (healing, usually to full since it gets the damage bonus from her SA even though it can't crit) - Cannon Alpha (BB control / lots of crits) - Fidget Spin (combo extender / extra crits) - Theo Beam (BB / Special control / Armor removal). Any decent moveset could benefit her though, as many of the ones I left off have potential as combo extenders if you know how to use head drones efficiently. I think the only one I wouldn't recommend is Circuit Breaker, since Purrm's main weakness is her already low health.

EDIT: Had a chance to test this immediately, even against the 'ideal' counter-combo of TAF + Killjoy. Never even had to switch to Neuro, Purrm carried it completely. >: )

IMG_4341 (1).jpg

(The only thing that gave me some trouble was the Thorns from the top node modifier. Catalysts were Last Words + Armor Rating + a Squigly-only catalyst that didn't apply.)

Last edited:
Had a sudden thought: Purrminator.

Her damage increase doesn't have a cap on it, and she's got the elemental advantage buff.

My 95% Crit Rate / 36% Piercing Purrm is already what I use against heal-reliant teams since after only 30 seconds she can usually outpace their healing. Even if she starts out doing less than a percent per hit, by the time she gets past the first fighter she can easily take down the second in less than half the time of the first, then 0-to-death the final fighter in a single combo.

The moveset I use on mine is BB3 (buff removal / lots of crits) - Magnetic Trap (healing, usually to full since it gets the damage bonus from her SA even though it can't crit) - Cannon Alpha (BB control / lots of crits) - Fidget Spin (combo extender / extra crits) - Theo Beam (BB / Special control / Armor removal). Any decent moveset could benefit her though, as many of the ones I left off have potential as combo extenders if you know how to use head drones efficiently. I think the only one I wouldn't recommend is Circuit Breaker, since Purrm's main weakness is her already low health.

EDIT: Had a chance to test this immediately, even against the 'ideal' counter-combo of TAF + Killjoy. Never even had to switch to Neuro, Purrm carried it completely. >: )

View attachment 11912

(The only thing that gave me some trouble was the Thorns from the top node modifier. Catalysts were Last Words + Armor Rating + a Squigly-only catalyst that didn't apply.)
Yes, Purrminator seems very reliable and can easily beat the tanky opponents.
But there is a problem and that is, BB control.
After Splitting Image gets her immunity and regen, Purrminator can outpace the healing effect after some combos but what about BBs. You can't inflict wither using Cannon Alpha.
So including Circuit Breaker in the moveset becomes the only option. And I don't like that BB much.
Isn't there some other way?

Yes, Purrminator seems very reliable and can easily beat the tanky opponents.
But there is a problem and that is, BB control.
After Splitting Image gets her immunity and regen, Purrminator can outpace the healing effect after some combos but what about BBs. You can't inflict wither using Cannon Alpha.
So including Circuit Breaker in the moveset becomes the only option. And I don't like that BB much.
Isn't there some other way?

I can't think of any really good ones, but one option is to use Circuit Breaker only if you use it as a ground combo extender and finish the combo with Magnetic Trap, since the Barrier from that will cancel out the explosion damage from Circuit Breaker.

I wouldn't typically recommend it for Purrm, since I personally think there are other ways to better use her move slots, but it works decently enough for Wither-free BB control, especially if you're good at fitting Head Drones in there too to further extend the combo while Circuit is active.

Reactions: Art3mes
I think a high damage Cerebella with MA or Neuro can be a good BB counter to her since neither rely on debuffs to do so.

I actually just pulled her recently and was debating on investing in her or Shadow (who I also have).