• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Stats modification discussion

Kevin Pepino

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
So it's been announced that HVS will get rid of the old resistances segment and replace it with five new stats.
https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1179564313301811201?s=19

The self explanatory ones are Tag-in Cooldown, Special Move cooldown and Resistance, which I assume it'll just affect every single debuff.

The new ones are Piercing and Accuracy. Piercing gives me the impression that it will ignore as much defense as the stat remarks. Accuracy on the other hand seems like a counter to resistance, in which it'll be more likely to land a debuff even if the opponent has resistance.

My main concern personally is how will this affect old move stats. Will they just get replaced by these, and which will get replaced by which?

Last edited:
I don't like the generic resistance to all the debuffs, this way every fighter can became a little Private Dick, Private Dick will became even more powerful, many Double' variant or fighter like Dread Locks and Love Crafted will get nerfed a lot.
My main concern personally is how will will affect old moves. Will they just get replaced by these, and which will get replaced by which?
Me too. For example I gave some fighters specific resistances, it will be very annoying if i get 0% total resistance because the system convert the one I haven't levelled or give me special cooldown for character equipped with only blockbuster. On the other hand it will be very annoying for my opponent if my Untouchable will get a lot of special cooldown or my Purrminator 45% disable resist will be converted in something like piercing or accuracy.
The devs should tell us the date of the next udpate and what replace what, so at least we can save new moves from the daily events. And in the meantime maybe expand the move and fighters collection, 100 and 50 slots for each shoul be fine since they add a lot of new fighters in the past year.

Haha, since my move collection is always near-full, I have over a hundred gold move relics yet unopened. Looking at all the sub-stats:

PIERCING
ACCURACY
ELEMENT BONUS
ELEMENT PENALTY
TAG COOLDOWN
BLOCK PROFICIENCY
CRIT RATE
CRIT DAMAGE
CRIT RESIST
DEFENSE
RESISTANCE
SPECIAL COOLDOWN
METER GAIN

(And not shown in the Twitter image, other sub-stats...)
ATK
HP
ARMOR BREAK RESIST
BLEED RESIST
STUN RESIST
CRIPPLE RESIST
DISABLE RESIST

• New Resistance stat = goodbye armor break / bleed / stun / cripple / disable resist, or all blended into one?
  • Piercing and Accuracy: another way of saying Crit Damage and Crit Rate?
  • Since Defense is not DEF, why is Attack always ATK?
I like the variety of new stats, but simultaneously dread the difficulty of getting what I want since there are more stats. :p

SGM Tweet said:
Ever get hyped about a new Move and tap it only to find it's packed with RESIST sub-stats?
No? I'm not tired of it. It depends on the fighter.
- I want disable resist on Prototype and Diva Intervention.
- I want bleed/armor break resist on Resonant Evil and Blue Screen.

I'm not tired of moves having specific resistance stats. They are situational and good for some fighters.
What i'm tired of is that it's so difficult to find a move with the 3 stats you want for that specific fighter.

Merging 5 resistance stats into 1 and adding 4 new stats is not going to fix how difficult it is to get what you want for a specific fighter, since the amount of stats remain the same.
To me, this mostly seems to add an unnecessary amount of complexity to the stat system, while not addressing the actual issue. Also makes it a bit too easy to resist everything?

Last edited:
It would be awesome if there was a way to trade a stat to another. Let it cost Coins/Theo or be a consumable, I don't care as long as it's possible to grind for it. Relying purely on luck to get the stats we want is so cumbersome.

Also, I think it adds more complexity in building variants since you can actually optimize your fighters with a strategy.

See, my problem with this isn’t the fact there are more stuff to work with, I can get behind that.

My problem is what will happen to the stats that are already on my moves? Like, if a move has two forms of resisting debuffs, what will happen to it?

It would be awesome if there was a way to trade a stat to another. Let it cost Coins/Theo or be a consumable, I don't care as long as it's possible to grind for it. Relying purely on luck to get the stats we want is so cumbersome.

I had an idea that would make it possible to grind for good moves, and also give you a reason to raise bronze & silver moves.

... I was going to explain it here in more detail, but i decided to give the idea it's own thread: https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/feature-suggestion-evolving-bronze-silver-moves.15930