• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Suggestions for tier list improvement

Aoskull

Reaction score
I looked at the tier list as a whole but since it can be often seen by new players, I personally feel that it needs more improvement for them. I have summarized my suggestions here, hope it will be helpful for devs.

Add simple reason for each rating
I am very skeptical of the rating for many fighters. Why Dread’s PF and rift offense is A despite she does not have any “offensive” abilities? Why Neuro’s rift defense is SS Even though her HP is really low among all diamonds and weak against throw?? Why Shadow Puppet’s rift defense is B despite she is often placed in the single node on the base??? ( I think timestop is quite troublesome in defense) Why Curl Scout’s PF and… (omitted below)

Adding a simple explanation for your rating of each fighter will make it easier for many people including new players to understand, and if not, it will also be easier to start a discussion.

Add “Support” rating
As many have said already, current tier list really needs a rating of "Support".

As an example, See Surgeon General. Her PR and PF rating is SS, but that is a rating of her Trauma Center and Sig2 for a "support", and the combat strength of herself is not that high. Such a rating can cause a big misunderstanding to new players!!

I think it would be good to add a note like "as support" to the ratings based on the view of support.

Marquee recommendations

Some fighter’s strength is really depends on the selection of marquee. Examples are Bad Hair Day, Biting Cold, Model Reader, Unholy etc. They become incredibly strong in one marquee, but their strength will greatly reduced in the other.

To help guide new players in the right direction, it would be a good idea to add notes such as "We recommend this marquee!"

If you guys have any better ideas, feel free to comment here!

Last edited:
I think a big issue is that you have to include the character's strength and moves with each variant. You mentioned Curl scout. While her ability has little to do with offense (still has niche uses but ignoring that), filia without ability is still A rank in prize fights due to ringlet and good in rift offense due to leech.

One solution I could see is that they rated each Character (so imagine an Annie without any ability) a long with her variants. It also gives a "threshold" of what you can expect of each variant of that character.

As I named Annie, she for example could be rated A C B A, where you can deduce that annies that have similar ratings dont add too much to her base kit, and annies below are just way below an average annie/ detrimental to actively use the ability.

due to dealing immense damage with e.g. destruction pillar to breeze through realms and prize fights, but lacks any utility needed for rift. blue shift is a pretty decent defensive tool.

TL;DR: I think rating the character without ability alongside the variants would improve the tier list.

I agree that a support rating would be nice too.