• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Suggestions for training mode improvement

Aoskull

Reaction score
Training mode is a good feature to test your fighter’s ability, but as you get more advanced, it feels lacking to just attacking an enemy that just standing and doesn’t do anything. Imo current training mode really needs the feature that tests "your" ability. So, Here’s my suggestion for improvement of training mode!

• “Setting” menu button will be added during training mode.
0_無題170_20240908205225.jpeg
↑Like this

By tapping it, you can change the status of your opponent. You can choose from the following:

- Neutral: Doesn’t do anything.
- Block: Blocking.
- Normal attack: Do normal attacks at certain intervals.
- Dash: Do dash attack at certain intervals.
- Leg sweep: Do leg sweep at certain intervals.
-Aerial combo: Do up-swipe attack and aerial combo at certain intervals.
-Charge attack: Do charge attack at certain intervals.
- Back dash: Do back dash at certain intervals.
- Throw: Do grab motion at certain intervals.
- Beginner AI: Fights at the same level as AI of low-streak PF.
- Medium AI: Fights at the same level as AI of medium to high-streak PF.
- Advanced AI: Fights at the same level as AI of very high-streak PF to No mercy PR.
- Fighter customize: You can change your opponent fighter.
- Reset HP: You can reset your opponent’s HP.
- Move customize: You can customize opponent’s move freely. Opponent will use these moves during AI mode. Opponent’s moves don’t have any additional effect, so there’s no need to worry about debuffs that interrupting your training.

• The opponent's ATK is set very low, so there’s no need to worry about being defeated during AI mode.

• The total damage dealt in whole combo will be displayed. It will be updated each time doing new combo. (Like other fighting games)

This feature would surely be really useful for beginners to professionals to test “your” abilities. If you have better ideas, feel free to comment here!

Other thing I’d really like to see is a way to help players learn some combos like most fighting games.

Reactions: SvenZ
I'd really want to see also:

1. Option for Infinity HP on AI
2. Allow AI to revive
3. When existing Training Mode, to be returned to the character select screen
4. Damage Count (shows damage of last attack, current combo, highest damaging combo)

I know you mentioned the damage count, but if they were to do it, I'd like for it to show other common parameters like in other fighting games

Last edited:
Reactions: Dusty00
Other thing I’d really like to see is a way to help players learn some combos like most fighting games.
Nice, but in SGM, unlike other fighting games, the number of moves you can use is limited, and the effective combination of moves differs depending on each variants. Adding combo guides would inevitably end up encouraging you to equip decided moves imo. I'm worried that this will undermine the diversity of each variant’s move builds. I also think this will have a negative impact especially on new players. (New players are really susceptible to what officials say.)
I'd really want to see also:

1. Option for Infinity HP on AI
2. Allow AI to revive
3. When existing Training Mode, to be returned to the character select screen
4. Damage Count (shows damage of last attack, current combo, highest damaging combo)

I know you mentioned the damage count, but if they were to do it, I'd like for it to show other common parameters like in other fighting games
3 is really understandable. It's really troublesome to have to go back to the menu just to change characters…

Nice, but in SGM, unlike other fighting games, the number of moves you can use is limited, and the effective combination of moves differs depending on each variants. Adding combo guides would inevitably end up encouraging you to equip decided moves imo. I'm worried that this will undermine the diversity of each variant’s move builds. I also think this will have a negative impact especially on new players. (New players are really susceptible to what officials say.)

3 is really understandable. It's really troublesome to have to go back to the menu just to change characters…
Training mode should let you equip whatever moves you select and adjust move level however you want. Ideally you’d be able to watch the combo play out on demand, then can practice.

Not sure why you bring in the whole discussion regarding undermining variants and new players. It’s irrelevant to this concept and this thread.

Good, also there should be a chart or guide on how to counter specific fighters, and how to deal with buffs and debuffs in rifts. YouTube videos on the same are lengthy, boring, and undecipherable.