• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Tagging in feels too restricted (easily punished, slow health regain)

Ryouhi

Reaction score
Maybe i'm just doing something wrong, but if i'm not, i wanted to give some feedback on tagging in/out.

If i try to ever tag in a different character, i usually end up getting hit before even touching the ground and before being able to block, which is why the only time i ever think about tagging out a character is when i just knocked out an opponent.

i feel this limits the Tag-in-system a lot and i think it'd be much more fun if i could more easily switch in characters so i can actually take advantage of my team.

It also doesn't help that chip damage heals incredibly slowly, considering matches are limited to 3 minutes anyway. Of course you shouldn't be able to just regain so much health too quickly, but currently i barely ever feel the health regain.

Do i just need to git gud, or what do you guys think about tagging in/out?

It's almost never worth tagging out unless your opponent is in a long hitstun, naked tag outs will rarely work as the assist move will usually be blocked and punished.

An mvc3 style mid air mid convo tag out is def on my wish list.

In most any tag team game, raw tags are designed to be extremely risky so that you aren't just constantly tagging to guarantee you always get back every drop of red life or never play a matchup you don't like. In the original game, one of the first things that any new player should drill into their head is to just never raw tag, at least not until you have a lot more experience under your belt to understand when it is okay to do so.

Instead you usually have ways to set up safe tags or spend resources on them, but that's not really the case in SGM since DHCs and Alpha Counters are gone and combo routes are much more limited. There are a few ways to combo into certain tags, but for the most part those aren't very good either, you're usually giving up a lot of damage to do so.

Unfortunately I don't really have any ideas on how to make tags better. I don't think there's a good way to just tack DHCs or Alpha Counters onto this control scheme. But for the subject of just trying to regain your red life, I can think of one absent mechanic from the original game worth adapting: Red life from snapbacks.

Right now, snapbacks are beyond worthless. Their main use in the original game is to get rid of a problem assist early or perform a double snap, things that don't exist here, or remove red life from a character that's bleeding very heavily, which generally doesn't come up since they aren't getting hit as an assist. So as a result no one uses snapbacks here, I don't think I've ever seen one equipped on a human player's team. I know loading screen tips say you can use snapbacks as a way to clear enemy buffs, but even that's not worth it, easier to just wait them out than waste a moveslot on something so situational.

But in a patch quite a long time ago the original game added one more special case to snapbacks that totally could work here: If a solo snaps a team, they get their red life back. That was originally meant as a solo-specific buff since they can't just tag out for red life, but for SGM I would just give that to everyone since you don't freely pick your ratio here and shouldn't have to fiddle around with changing your build for solo and team missions.

I'm still not sure if that would be enough to make snapbacks actually worth equipping, but I figured I might as well pitch it as something to make them slightly less garbage and give you some sort of answer to the red life issue.

Reactions: Poringsmasher