• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Take a break relic upgrade

is the ‘Take A Break’ relic a waste of time?

• Yes

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Most of the time

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Don’t really care

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

rexturtle1120

Reaction score
Hi! The take a break relic is an old feature that has been given a small update with the inclusion of elemental shards, but this isn’t enough. As I recall both the take a break relic and the daily relic usually give some pretty crummy rewards. Let’s start with some category’s

Coins

As far as coins go, I like the diversity of getting different amounts of coins each time you receive coins from the relic, however I think the minimum should be 5,000 coins instead of 1,000. This should also apply for the viewing parlor. If you check the take a break relic 4 times a day and get 5,000 coins each time, that’s only 20,000 free coins. Because we have to wait for this relic I don’t think players would be able to abuse this mechanic (since your not guaranteed coins anyway) and 5,000 is much more helpful than 1,000 coins. I don’t think that extra 1,000 is really helping any player, Old or new.

Theonite

If we have to wait 4 hours every time to open this relic, we should have something to look forward to. I think adding a chance to get 5-10 theonite from the relic would be helpful to some of the newer players and since you have to wait four hours and again, it isn’t always guaranteed, wouldn’t be abused.

Adding in Keys, energy refreshers, and all moves.

We all could use more keys, but I think it would be more silver/bronze keys than gold. Definitely no diamond keys allowed. We’re not running a charity here.

Energy refreshers just makes sense, it’s only every 4 hours after all

Having only bronze and silver moves isn’t the best, but I can understand why. I think the option for gold moves should be added in but make them rarer then silver moves.
The best way to fix the move rank problem would be a workshop icon where you could combine moves to get specific stats. Maybe I’ll make another post on this, it could unlock at player level 40/50, so as not to overwhelm new players and to get current players to care about stats a little. Just an idea.

I don’t have any problems with the amount of elemental shards, though you definitely shouldn’t be able to get 25 shards from both the take a break and daily relic. Daily relic rewards should definitely be increased .

Include Necrobreaker squiggly

The daily relic has Valintine oh mai, even though she only has a five percent chance (I think). Since Necrobreaker squiggly (thank you for the name refresh ballotboxer!) can only be obtained through conventions or limited event top 100 rewards, I think it would be good to put her in the take a break relic with a 1% chance or a .5% chance. Similar to Eliza inner pieces. There are some people who simply can’t attend game conventions and most players ( that’s every player ever minus 100 players) won’t be able to make the top 100 for special limited events. Since she is a special convention fighter, I think it would be cool if we gave her an insanely small chance of spearing in the take a break relic. This way every player would have a chance, even if extremely small, to get her.

In conclusion, the current take a break relic kind of sucks. It’s not even that good to new players who rely on saving up coins and moves. The rewards for the take a break relic and even the daily relic should be increased so players don’t feel like their wasting time even opening them. I get that we have the gift system, but you don’t have to wait 4 hours for another gift every time you open one. Necrobreaker needs more screen time, and the take a break relic needs some more love. It’s a good old idea, in need of a modern update.

Last edited:
I get more out of one Viewing Parlor visit than four Take A Break (TAB) Relics. TAB is so forgettable I open about once a day -- when I'm opening the Daily Relic.

I see the TAB as a useful resource for noobs. 1,000 CC may be pocket change to LV 70 players, but new player need every coin. LV 70s see the bronze and silver moves as trash, but the newbie sees treasure.

So it is a tough box to balance to accommodate all players.

rare silver light squiggly
Instead of putting Necrobreaker Squigly in the TAB relic, I'd rather see a new bronze or silver, exclusively in the relic.

An ultra-rare variant and increased elemental essence shard chances would definitely grab my attention.

(or reduce the cooldown so I can open the relic every time I visit the Viewing Parlor)

I get more out of one Viewing Parlor visit than four Take A Break (TAB) Relics. TAB is so forgettable I open about once a day -- when I'm opening the Daily Relic.

I see the TAB as a useful resource for noobs. 1,000 CC may be pocket change to LV 70 players, but new player need every coin. LV 70s see the bronze and silver moves as trash, but the newbie sees treasure.

So it is a tough box to balance to accommodate all players.

Instead of putting Necrobreaker Squigly in the TAB relic, I'd rather see a new bronze or silver, exclusively in the relic.

An ultra-rare variant and increased elemental essence shard chances would definitely grab my attention.

(or reduce the cooldown so I can open the relic every time I visit the Viewing Parlor)
Thank’s for the name! I completely forgot it, I’ll edit it in now. I would also like to see a new silver fighter, but i’ve no idea how long it takes to make new fighters, so using an older fighter would be the quickest way to get improvements. I know new players need every coin but I think 1000 is just too small for a 4 hour wait. You can get that much in one daily event node. So what’s the point of opening the relic if the most likely item isn’t big Enough for one fighter skill tree node. I don’t think the new players depend on it too much coin wise, but you are right about the moves. I’m happy when I get a free Fukua move, even if it is bronze.

Definitely support some kind of boost.

I feel like the other timed rewards that have been added/tweaked recently (Login Calendar, Gifts, Ad Parlor) have outpaced it by a long shot, since the TaB relic seems to based more on the standards of when it was first added in terms of what folks would earn/spend back then, but now I feel like the general earning/spending potential has changed quite a bit since then with all the new variants added and stuff like that.

I've been here less than a year, but I have the feeling that the TaB relic was added before Rift, and maybe even before Diamond fighters, since those are by far the biggest money sinks. Rift not only has Catalysts, but is also the only reason why you'd ever need to fully upgrade moves, which are both massive money sinks. In addition, Diamonds take, what, like 5.5mil to fully upgrade? More if you have to buy keys.

Anyways, I definitely agree that TaB and even Daily relics give somewhat underwhelming rewards compared to the other timed rewards. Daily less so, since Oh Mai and Bronze fighters are both something I'm happy to get out of it. I'd like it if they both get a bit of an upgrade, but in general 3 TaBs should give equal or lesser rewards than 1 Daily, just to keep things balanced.

Last edited:
Reactions: rexturtle1120
Definitely support some kind of boost.

I feel like the other timed rewards that have been added/tweaked recently (Login Calendar, Gifts, Ad Parlor) have outpaced it by a long shot, since the TaB relic seems to based more on the standards of when it was first added in terms of what folks would earn/spend back then, but now I feel like the general earning/spending potential has changed quite a bit since then with all the new variants added and stuff like that.

I've been here less than a year, but I have the feeling that the TaB relic was added before Rift, and maybe even before Diamond fighters, since those are by far the biggest money sinks. Rift not only has Catalysts, but is also the only reason why you'd ever need to fully upgrade moves, which are both massive money sinks. In addition, Diamonds take, what, like 5.5mil to fully upgrade? More if you have to buy keys.

Anyways, I definitely agree that TaB and even Daily relics give somewhat underwhelming rewards compared to the other timed rewards. Daily less so, since Oh Mai and Bronze fighters are both something I'm happy to get out of it. I'd like it if they both get a bit of an upgrade, but in general 3 TaBs should give equal or lesser rewards than 1 Daily, just to keep things balanced.
I think take a break and the daily relic have been a part of the game since the beginning. I started playing when they just came out with the double relic so it’s certainly been a part of the game before diamonds and rifts. I really like the idea, but it has to be worth it. Isn’t the goal of the daily and take a break relics to enforce the player to come back to the game to collect the relic and maybe stay for a couple prize fight rounds? I feel no urge to open the daily relic. Like you said, Balance is definitely key.

Reactions: Lililira