• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection Teambuilding Suggestions

GAOGAO!!

Reaction score
Hi! I've been playing Skullgirls mobile for a very long time now and I want to share ideas to enhance the battle preview for a better experience for the player.

Firstly I would like to talk about something that really bothers me and can sometimes ruin battles. Do you ever just equip a character with an arsenal that a character already is using, but then when you use that character you just unequipped? Sometimes I might find myself doing this, getting myself in bad situations where the fighter on my team is not fully suited with all the blockbusters and special moves I need, or none at all. Of course, you can check if all the arsenal slots of your characters are fully equipped, but what if you just forgot to see it and now may find yourself in an important battle without the right attacks? So I would like to suggest a simple implementation: a pop-up warning before you start the battle that will alert you if any slots are empty, so you don't get into the fight unequipped, then you could go back and choose the right arsenal. If having an empty slot is intentional, then you could just choose to continue anyway. I don't know if many players get through this issue, but it could be quite helpful, right?

Another simple idea I would like to share for enhancing the player experience on teambuilding is having the possiblity of saving your favorite teams with the characters you love to use the most. Just like you can save a set of specials and blockbusters in arsenals, you would be able to select three characters that you think make a good team, while also saving their current arsenal. Then, when you're selecting your fighters on the battle preview, you can simply select a saved team, with the right fighters and the right moves, without having to navigate through your collection!

I hope this can reach the team and I'll be waiting for a reply.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
I can see the empty loadout warning being helpful. Not for me, I never share moves, they're all custom for each build, but I can see it helping the frugal players.

I'd use saved teams locker two ways: utility and leveling.

Utility: themed teams for special use
Sometimes you need a select team to crack a tough node in a Rift Battle or clear a fight in Parallel Realms. Examples:

⚡ The Beam Team
X Bot Robo-Fortune, Harlequin Cerebella, Peashooter Peacock

🥥 Anti Dark Nut
Doublicious Double, Silent Kill Valentine, Mummy Dearest Eliza

🛡️ Buff Busters
Mean One Peacock, Stand Out Eliza, Poltergust Squigly

Leveling: Carry + two weaklings to raise
In a Prize Fight, often I find myself switching from a heavy, 80k FS team for juicy multiplier fights and sorting through the collection to find a newly-evolved diamond or odd silver to tag along. I need a "current project" file for low level fighters.

I want to see folders and subfolders for organizing fighters.

I can see the empty loadout warning being helpful. Not for me, I never share moves, they're all custom for each build, but I can see it helping the frugal players.
I also don't 'share' moves, so this feature is of no interest to me, but if this ever gets implemented, I'd like the option to 'opt-out' from this warning, since when you carry, those being carried usually don't have moves equipped*, so that pop-up would get tiresome real fast when you're leveling up for a couple of hours with XP boost...(IMHO, sharing moves is not only dangerous on offense if you forget to equip fighters, it also leaves your defense open as well, can't tell you how many teams with maxed lvl fighters that have zero moves equipped I've encountered in PF/Rifts and I don't think that warning will help you there...).

*Again, IMHO, the logic for this warning would have to be limited to a fighter have zero moves equipped, since it is very common for a fighter to legit have 1-4 moves equipped, which would cause this warning to pop-up very, very often...