• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

The Best Characters in the Game: by Tier, Character

Saint2th

Reaction score
UPDATED FOR 1.2.1
with CONSIDERATION to 1.2.2.

Disclaimer: This information isn't concrete; however, it is fairly reliable, as it uses information gathered from players of all levels in the Skullgirls Discord's mobile channel. The information is partially ordered by tier placing only: (e.g., all characters in "A" tier are ordered alphabetically, not by fighter potential.) "HM" tier characters are not given a tier, but are ordered alphabetically. As they are not given a tier, it is possible for a GOLD HM being a tier lower than a SILVER A tier fighter, however this is not ALWAYS the case.
HM stands for honourable mention(s).

That being said, if you're ever stuck in a dilemma of sacrificing your fighters to evolve others, here's what we've gathered:

TOP FIVE, BY TIER:
BOLDED tiers are the more powerful characters of the same tier. (A+)
REGULAR tiers are the average, or below average characters of the same tier. (A-)
AST DEF OFF – Separates the character by archetypes of assist, defense, and offense. Some characters can be separated into two archetypes.

GOLD:
S – Big Band: Epic Sax (OFF/DEF)
A – Cerebella: Harlequin / Armed Forced (AST/OFF), (DEF)
A – Filia: Parasite Weave (OFF)
A – Parasoul: Primed (OFF)
A – Peacock: Untouchable (OFF/DEF)
--
HM – Big Band: Private Dick (DEF)
HM – Eliza: Diva Intervention (DEF)
HM – Painwheel: Buzz Kill (OFF)
HM – Parasoul: Princess Pride (OFF/DEF)
HM – Valentine: Last Hope (DEF)
--

SILVER:
A – Big Band: Resonant Evil (DEF)
A – Peacock: Peashooter (AST/OFF)
A – Cerebella: Big Top (OFF/DEF)
B – Painwheel: Blood Drive (OFF)
B – Parasoul: No Egrets (DEF)
--
HM – Cerebella: Grey Matter (OFF)
HM – Eliza: Bloody Valentine (DEF)
HM – Filia: Bad Ms Frosty (OFF/DEF)
--

BRONZE:
B – Big Band: Beatbox (OFF)
B – Cerebella: Understudy (AST/OFF)
B – Parasoul: Heavy Reign (OFF)
C – Cerebella: Headstrong (OFF)
C – Eliza: In Denile (DEF)
--
HM – ?
--

TOP TWO, BY CHARACTER:

Big Band: Epic Sax, Resonant Evil
Cerebella: Armed Forces, Harlequin
Filia: Parasite Weave, Bad Ms Frosty
Painwheel: Buzz Kill, Blood Drive
Parasoul: Primed, No Egrets
Eliza: Bloodbath, Diva Intervention
Valentine: Last Hope, Silent Kill

Open for discussion.

Last edited:
The A next to Big Top isn't bold. Just wanted to point that out, in case it was an error.

The A next to Big Top isn't bold. Just wanted to point that out, in case it was an error.
It was intentional. Big Top isn't as promising as RE or Peashooter, but is better than Blood Drive and No Egrets in many situations.

Great list, but i think you forgot Raw Nerve Painwheel.
Raw Nerv is considered to be one of the weaker golds across the Discord! Though I think he has one of the more balanced abilities, it doesn't quite stack up to Buzz Kill / Blood Drive. :p

Raw Nerv is considered to be one of the weaker golds across the Discord! Though I think he has one of the more balanced abilities, it doesn't quite stack up to Buzz Kill / Blood Drive. :p
Ahh, i see. haha, maybe I should reconsider putting raw nerve on my main team then :p

Raw Nerve is fine, Painwheel in general only needs one good opening to tear through. Pretty much a glass cannon type.

My Painwheel opinions aside, for Valentine Graveyard Shift above Silent Kill for your "best 2 character" section.

Reactions: Black Egret#13
I vote Beat Box as not only the better bronze Big Band, but best bronze period. Tuba Tuba everything.

Reactions: Black Egret#13
Good job and pretty cool list! I can't seem to like Parasite Weave Filia no matter how many I encounter, I just find her way too squishy.

Also, how does Untouchable Peacock do against other Gold fighters, for anyone that mains her? Aside from being very bothersome thanks to her passive I find her very skill intensive as she isn't a combo-heavy-smash-screen character.

And last thing, what are Buzz Kill Painwheel's passive abilities?

Good job and pretty cool list! I can't seem to like Parasite Weave Filia no matter how many I encounter, I just find her way too squishy.

Also, how does Untouchable Peacock do against other Gold fighters, for anyone that mains her? Aside from being very bothersome thanks to her passive I find her very skill intensive as she isn't a combo-heavy-smash-screen character?

You can't really judge PE Filia by how the AI uses her. Gearing her for crit rate she can stun quite often and rip through enemies quite easily. This is also why I say there should be a player tier list and AI tier list because the AI doesn't play some characters very well.

UT Peacock works just fine. Her bomb skills do tons of damage. I also like being able to dodge into the ground to get away from some things.

Also, how does Untouchable Peacock do against other Gold fighters, for anyone that mains her? Aside from being very bothersome thanks to her passive I find her very skill intensive as she isn't a combo-heavy-smash-screen character.

And last thing, what are Buzz Kill Painwheel's passive abilities?

Untouchable does excellent against most golds especially with GDO resets. Since two of the top tier golds (Harle, PW) are at an elemental disadvantage, Peacock tends to one hit them with enough attack% with crit with GDO. Even then, against armed forces cerebella, Peacock still contests very well due to her unflinching ability having a higher rate of activating than armed forces. I currently have a completely maxed untouchable and I'm working on my second and third ones.

As for Buzz Kill:

HEMORRHAGE (signature ability): 5% chance on HIT to inflict HEAVY BLEED for 10 seconds. Gain ENRAGE for 10 seconds when an opponent's HEALTH drops below 25%.

It is essentially a less masochist blood drive.

I vote Beat Box as not only the better bronze Big Band, but best bronze period. Tuba Tuba everything.
You're right, I actually meant to put beatbox instead of bassline!

Untouchable does excellent against most golds especially with GDO resets. Since two of the top tier golds (Harle, PW) are at an elemental disadvantage, Peacock tends to one hit them with enough attack% with crit with GDO. Even then, against armed forces cerebella, Peacock still contests very well due to her unflinching ability having a higher rate of activating than armed forces. I currently have a completely maxed untouchable and I'm working on my second and third ones.

What's maxed Untouchable Peacock's FS? I remember when I used to go by rule of thumb on this, and since the Untouchable Peacocks I've encountered all had a very low FS compared to most Gold fighters I never thought great of her. But her passives proved to be so annoying and game changing that FS ceased to matter at some point.

What's maxed Untouchable Peacock's FS? I remember when I used to go by rule of thumb on this, and since the Untouchable Peacocks I've encountered all had a very low FS compared to most Gold fighters I never thought great of her. But her passives proved to be so annoying and game changing that FS ceased to matter at some point.

Reactions: Tom Kulczewski
You can't really judge PE Filia by how the AI uses her. Gearing her for crit rate she can stun quite often and rip through enemies quite easily. This is also why I say there should be a player tier list and AI tier list because the AI doesn't play some characters very well.

Parasite Weave Filia is an absolute monster when you stack crit rate. I can routinely clear the hardest Gold teams like Moisterrific's with just her due to the frequency of her stuns. Oftentimes all I end up using is her basic ground combo. Get a stun, stop, restart combo, repeat until dead.

Parasite Weave Filia is an absolute monster when you stack crit rate. I can routinely clear the hardest Gold teams like Moisterrific's with just her due to the frequency of her stuns. Oftentimes all I end up using is her basic ground combo. Get a stun, stop, restart combo, repeat until dead.

That's because none of the bonus stats I built for my top fighters are working when you fight the AI version of my team.

They have no max defence, no bonus ATK and HP, and no resistances whatsoever so all you're fighting is a slightly stronger version of the characters you see from Aeon and Venus teams.