• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

The current situation with Moves

Reaction score
I have made another thread about move distribution but, this time I kinda want to talk about the sub-states on moves.

the quick and easy situation is: unbalanced, too much reliance on RNG, and not fun.

the longer version is:
the current situation with move right now, is that EVERYTHING and I do mean everything is dependent on Rng, the move you get in the first place, the stats you get, the stat that gets boosted when you level it up etc. It’s not fun.
An idea I had earlier and I kinda finetuned it a little is; maybe if we make moves only absolve from the cabinet of mysteries, and also set all sub-states to 1% upon purchase.
Firstly, sub-states are now rerollable.
Ans secondly, every level will add % to each move making each sub-state be +15% at level 15. This way the maximum bonus a sub-state can go to is 75% if each move on the character has that state. *imagine 75% defence on anyone........*

I like the moves system as it makes finding a move with the perfect stats really satisfying. And there's still chances to get specific moves in the cabinet esp with rift coins

I have made another thread about move distribution but, this time I kinda want to talk about the sub-states on moves.

the quick and easy situation is: unbalanced, too much reliance on RNG, and not fun.

the longer version is:
the current situation with move right now, is that EVERYTHING and I do mean everything is dependent on Rng, the move you get in the first place, the stats you get, the stat that gets boosted when you level it up etc. It’s not fun.
An idea I had earlier and I kinda finetuned it a little is; maybe if we make moves only absolve from the cabinet of mysteries, and also set all sub-states to 1% upon purchase.
Firstly, sub-states are now rerollable.
Ans secondly, every level will add % to each move making each sub-state be +15% at level 15. This way the maximum bonus a sub-state can go to is 75% if each move on the character has that state. *imagine 75% defence on anyone........*
Defense is hard-capped at 50%. Once you reach 50% defense on a fighter, no amount of extra defense will keep raising the stat (Armor buffs will still be usable, meaning that 2 stacks of armor would be enough for 100% damage reduction).

Reactions: Psyche
RNG on moves is cool because it doesn't discriminate. Whales can pay all the money they want but still roll terrible moves; anyone can potentially have a good BB or SM. It's all luck.

Last edited:
RNG on moves is cool because it doesn't discriminate. Whales can pay all the money the want but still roll terrible moves; anyone can potentially have a good BB or SM. It's all luck.
I'm fine with RNG on rolling moves but less fine about RNG on upgrading moves. The idea that which stat is upgraded is totally up to chance is irksome because you could roll getting a great move but every upgrade goes where you don't want. I actually agree that each stat on a move should have a max cap that it can reach, so that by the time a move is lvl 15 each stat has reached that max and stat upgrades get distributed evenly.

Hard cap def at 50% is reasonable. Anything else especially atk is a NO NO. I’ll take the RNG everything for that small chance of +20% or higher atk move/BBs. Because I am right now benefiting from a few lucked out 24% atk moves. Please don’t take that away.

Hard capping is done automatically so you like getting more than 50% by chance on a character is actually a waste.

However say the all stats are leveled up equally, and you have like Attack on all moves, the highest you can get is (decided max number at level 15)X5.
And if you really think about it, this can really make the game more fair for everyone. By making all characters have a maximum POSSIBLE amount of Attack/Health/blah blah and blah, then rift battles might be more fair.
The game has always had competition but now with the new rift battles, shifting the focus off of Chance to Skill from the player, would really be a quality of life change for everyone I am sure.

I confess I'm rather enamored with the move system in this game. I'm always making progress on making my characters stronger, but it's a bit unpredictable who's getting stronger and why, and sometimes one good roll shifts just a whole bunch of stuff around between characters.

I mean, they almost all get sold off, but it's always interesting to me to see what I've accumulated at the end of a week, because there's almost always a gem or two in there.

I'm fine with RNG on rolling moves but less fine about RNG on upgrading moves. The idea that which stat is upgraded is totally up to chance is irksome because you could roll getting a great move but every upgrade goes where you don't want. I actually agree that each stat on a move should have a max cap that it can reach, so that by the time a move is lvl 15 each stat has reached that max and stat upgrades get distributed evenly.

I don't know what this would do to balance, but I don't think I'd mind this one change. I have a couple lv six moves that were +Atk% +Def% & +Cripple Resist and every upgrade has gone into cripple resist and it's a lot of coins to toss into the trash bin.

There's no need to change it, otherwise if you can change the stats and choose what to upgrade everyone will create moves with att% def% and hp%, people with money will upgrade them to level 15 with ease while people that don't use money will have an hard time against them since they have to wait months just to upgrade the moves of a single fighter.
And to be honest it's no fun if everyone will have the same fighters/states/upgraded levels, it will be like a fight against fighters doped the same way.

Reactions: Trigg and Psyche