• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights There's nothing wrong with BB3's, however...

Reaction score
The Painwheel PF Modifier is an absolute cancer. It is completely un-fun, frustrating and totally biased towards top players leaving those of us with weaker fighters to fight tooth and nail just to get a 4 streak only to be destroyed on the next fight. I grinded my way to top 10% last PF and that was fairly difficult but it was fun along the way. This one is completely discouraging and disheartening.

I really like the progression rate in this game, it is nice to make progress without feeling like the game is too easy, however this Prize Fight modifier just completely throws that out the window.

Reactions: BrolaireOfAsstora
If it helps, whenever I log off ill unequip all of my moves, I've seen a few other high ranks do the same

Ign is Nick Jaso,
It always picks your 3 strongest or last used team?

If it helps, whenever I log off ill unequip all of my moves, I've seen a few other high ranks do the same
And also unequiping them after you logged off doesn´t change it in the PF

Ign is Nick Jaso,
It always picks your 3 strongest or last used team?
It picks the strongest FS Team, in the first fight and it´s the one it uses all the PF until you enter with a higher team FS

Good thing I didn't use my best team in a fight all PF. Just won a fight with a 4 move cerebella and no moves para and Filia. Let me know if my team has any moves equipped. Ign: Nick Jaso. I'm about 28k?

Good thing I didn't use my best team in a fight all PF. Just won a fight with a 4 move cerebella and no moves para and Filia. Let me know if my team has any moves equipped. Ign: Nick Jaso. I'm about 28k?
What's IGN mean? Also jeez man that's scary as hell. How do you grind that much?

This is exactly what frustrates me. The in-game "tip" stating that just because the condition is applied to both teams means you have to "use it to your advantage" to win is simply a lie. The mechanic of Prize Fights is quite literally to put you at a statistical disadvantage once you build up a streak of two or so wins. The enemy has more health. They take more hits to beat. You're a fragile little flower that could be destroyed easily if the AI random move selector is ever smart enough to launch and juggle you rather than for some reason sweep you at the end of a ground combo. You won't even get a chance to use that Blockbuster.

Similarly, Breakdown and Crippler Crossfade are of little to no use to the player: if you're attacking a blocking enemy, you either really don't care or are deliberately waiting for them to shoulder in with a BB while you're still mid-combo, but if you're stupid enough not to block yourself it's game over already. Thank Christ the devs haven't got high enough to make Lifestream a mutual fight condition.

About the only good Prize Fights to actually play are Medici Shakedown, whichever one grants Perfect Block and (believe it or not) all of the bronze ones.

Reactions: missingno
PF as a whole is just horrendous. Can we throw it out and go back to the Arena from beta?

PF as a whole is just horrendous. Can we throw it out and go back to the Arena from beta?
It's certainly not perfect, but I wouldn't quite go as far as to call it horrendous.
I wasn't in the beta. Can you please briefly summarise this Arena mode for me?

I don't know what you're talking about. Most PF modifiers have a workaround or can be used to the player's advantage.

Let's take a look at all the gold PF modifiers

Parasoul (Vampire): Uhh you can come back from anything in this PF because it gives you a healing option. If you're playing properly then you're taking fewer hits than you're dealing and should be at 100% hp or close to it most of the time.

Eliza (Jinx): Use moves that inflict statuses to double your DPS. Easy to take advantage of.

Cerebella (Today's Special): Short cooldown SMs. Use your SMs often. They recharge quick.

Painwheel (Supercharged): Block AI combo strings to charge your BB3. Drop combo before charging opponent BB3 so you can fit in an extra combo. This is the only one I can understand the whining about, but this one still has a workaround.

Big Band (Combomancer): Everybody basically gains access to Epic Sax'es SA. Idk how that doesn't help you. Are you never landing a hit on your opponent because this modifier does nothing but helps you if you're blocking and punishing properly.

Peacock (Perfect Block): Ummm this one is self explanatory. Block.

Filia (Lacerate): This modifier may as well not even exist because 2% chance for heavy bleed is nothing. You can probably go through 5 matches or more without even seeing this modifier activate unless you're playing someone like Painwheel or Big Band.

Valentine (Thousand Plagues): Similar to Jinx, except instead of boosting your DPS, you can completely shut down the opponent with a crapload of debuffs.

All of those have a way that you can adapt your playstyle to take advantage of the modifier. Even Supercharged, which people love to hate can be worked around. If you choose not to adapt to the situation, that's your fault. But don't expect the developers to change the game just because you refuse to change your playstyle to take advantage of the situation.
You seem to forget that once again, most of us don't have a buzz kill pw that can go toe-to-toe with moist. It's a lot harder for us, so we get frustrated when we get our rear ends handed to us from a team we can't beat no matter how well we play. The modifiers make the game a lot more fun, I agree, though it seems some are better than others. Lacerate is by far the most useless, while supercharged is a damn nightmare to deal with after even one or two wins. I feel like the game has enough special mods from dailies that I'm sure the devs could come up with some kind of algorithm to randomize it every couple of weeks to keep things fresh.

You seem to forget that once again, most of us don't have a buzz kill pw that can go toe-to-toe with moist. It's a lot harder for us, so we get frustrated when we get our rear ends handed to us from a team we can't beat no matter how well we play. The modifiers make the game a lot more fun, I agree, though it seems some are better than others. Lacerate is by far the most useless, while supercharged is a damn nightmare to deal with after even one or two wins. I feel like the game has enough special mods from dailies that I'm sure the devs could come up with some kind of algorithm to randomize it every couple of weeks to keep things fresh.

I'm not sure if people have noticed, but there are 3 choices to pick from to fight against in PF. So you don't always have to go against Moist. Whenever I see moist on the PF I know not to pick him to go against.

It would be great for an explanation on this instead of just blatantly saying its horrendous.

I'm not sure how my Buzzkill came into this discussion or somehow became relevant to anything I just said, but ok. I guess if you really wanted to find some reason to disagree with me then uhh mission accomplished?

Back on topic, I think modifiers are what make fights feel fun and unique. I have expressed this a few times in the discord chat. I feel as though modifiers make battles seem interesting and fresh. However, when the prize fights circulate and we play the same modifiers over and over again, the game starts to feel a little stale.

I have a few ideas of ways to shake things up and make things always feel fresh and exciting even in repeat PFs but I always get bored typing up big posts so it's whatever.
I suppose I did sound like an a-hole, but it was what, 1 am? I apologize for my actions. I really need to stop trying to argue when I'm tired.

But that is where we both agreed. Modifiers make the PFs more fun, but again, we agreed in that they can, and do, get stale. That's why I would like the devs to shake things up a bit, or at least run the pfs that contain rarer characters more often. We frequently see filia's and Big Band's all the time, but I feel Eliza's and Beowulf's are more rare. Because of that, their value to us is increased and I think people fight harder to grab these rarer characters.

I know you said you don't want to, but can you please? I'd love to hear your ideas.
I'm not sure if people have noticed, but there are 3 choices to pick from to fight against in PF. So you don't always have to go against Moist.

I've never even made it past 17k, probably because I keep dumping my money into one character rather than spread it out. But you are correct though, there are two other people. They just usually don't have the same sort of prestige that comes from beating them that it does with beating the god of this game.

I suppose I did sound like an a-hole, but it was what, 1 am? I apologize for my actions. I really need to stop trying to argue when I'm tired.

But that is where we both agreed. Modifiers make the PFs more fun, but again, we agreed in that they can, and do, get stale. That's why I would like the devs to shake things up a bit, or at least run the pfs that contain rarer characters more often. We frequently see filia's and Big Band's all the time, but I feel Eliza's and Beowulf's are more rare. Because of that, their value to us is increased and I think people fight harder to grab these rarer characters.

I know you said you don't want to, but can you please? I'd love to hear your ideas.

I've never even made it past 17k, probably because I keep dumping my money into one character rather than spread it out. But you are correct though, there are two other people. They just usually don't have the same sort of prestige that comes from beating them that it does with beating the god of this game.
You don't have to worry about fighting moist now since she is no longer on top in any of the pfs.

Wait what? How?

Also, moist is a girl???
A guest and some silver team is on top in the bronze pf Luis A. Juarez is number one in the silver pf and smitty with a bunch of letters after it is number one in the gold pf. Moist bio says female 21 from Canada. Edit: I've also seen keebs with a 32.3 k team in the gold pf

A guest and some silver team is on top in the bronze pf Luis A. Juarez is number one in the silver pf and smitty with a bunch of letters after it is number one in the gold pf. Moist bio says female 21 from Canada. Edit: I've also seen keebs with a 32.3 k team in the gold pf
Jeez, I never knew that moist was a chick. Weird.

Interesting to know that a guest has achieved that. I'm guessing the only reason is that maybe moist stopped playing for a while. Isn't their best team in the 40ks or something?

Jeez, I never knew that moist was a chick. Weird.

Interesting to know that a guest has achieved that. I'm guessing the only reason is that maybe moist stopped playing for a while. Isn't their best team in the 40ks or something?
I think moist team stronger thanks to stats but it just doesn't have the fs to appear higher. The max fs right now is 33,414 if you had three maxed harlequins. Moist's team is 32.2k right now