• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Trouble with Unflinching?

Cellsai

Oh Sai
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Website
cellsai.deviantart.com
Unflinching is the little yellow helmet icon. It means that you will no longer get hitstun from attacks - you still take damage, but your character wont react to getting hit, meaning you can catch opponents in combos even if they're attacking you.

You'll probably run into this ability a lot against Armed Forces Cerebella, Untouchable Peacock and all forms of Sekhmet. At first, this might seem incredibly broken and hard to beat because you are suddenly unable to combo people. However, there's a pretty simple solution you can use to circumvent it:

Grabs.

Grab like there's no tomorrow! Throws are a special form of attack that don't cause hit stun. They put enemies into a thrown state instead, so unflinching is completely ignored. Equip a stack of grabs onto your character, and every time you see that helmet, stop attacking with regular hits and exclusively use grabs.

Hopefully this sneaky little tip will help you past that double Armed Forces Cerebella mission in Ascent of a Woman!

Throws, most blockbusters and certain moves are good counters to Unflinching. I usually use a combination of throws and well timed blocks to deal with it since special moves can be unreliable and blockbusters takes awhile to charge up.

I know for sure the following moves counter Unflinching, it's based off what I have and/or seen so it's not a complete list:
  • Diamond Drop
  • Excellebella
  • Ultimate Showstopper
  • Grab Bag
  • Merry Go-Rilla
  • Blowout
  • Fenrir Drive
  • Drill Tempered
  • Widow's Peak
  • Egret Moto
  • Canopy Bounce
  • Good Fellows
  • Laryngectomy
  • Dead on Arrival
  • Beat Extend
  • Strike up the Band
  • Take the A Train
  • Fracture Reaper
  • Buer Overdrive
  • Nekhbet Breaker
  • Khepri Sun

You can also sort of get around unflinching if you use a special/blockbuster that Stun the opponent. Stun is the red icon with the spinning stars that causes the opponent to stand there dazed for a few seconds. Parasite Weave Filia can also inflict Stun as part of her this as her Signature Ability.
When in a Stunned state, the enemy can't respond to your hits and will just take the beating.

As of 1.2.0 it seems throws are no longer the easiest way to counter unflinching, because enemies are more likely to break throws now.

Cerebella's character ability and some of her moves are good for countering unflinching.

Since bots throw break a lot, you can get far by just mashing your grounded combo attack, which will keep the unflinching enemy in block stun. They try to block even though they are unflinching. If you're lucky, they keep trying to block. This won't deal significant damage, but it does help build up your meter so you can use your grab specials.

EDIT: Successfully locked an unflinching enemy into oblivion with 50+ combo hits just tapping until I had enough meter for the unblockable.

Last edited:
Since bots throw break a lot, you can get far by just mashing your grounded combo attack, which will keep the unflinching enemy in block stun. They try to block even though they are unflinching. If you're lucky, they keep trying to block. This won't deal significant damage, but it does help build up your meter so you can use your grab specials.

EDIT: Successfully locked an unflinching enemy into oblivion with 50+ combo hits just tapping until I had enough meter for the unblockable.

I tried your methods but i still get whooped. I have been trying to clear the silver daily event of Parasoul and i can't beat the final boss. I can't grab them since they break out 90% of the time and once they wombo combo, they one shot me.

I tried your methods but i still get whooped. I have been trying to clear the silver daily event of Parasoul and i can't beat the final boss. I can't grab them since they break out 90% of the time and once they wombo combo, they one shot me.

Don't grab them. I actually hardly ever use grab, because AI throw techs it (even when they're stunned!). If you can hit the enemy while they aren't blocking, they will try to block, even though they are unflinching. Keep tapping to repeat your ground combo ( that means no launching or sweeping) to keep them in blockstun. Once you have enough meter to use your BB3, use it. If you don't have any BB3, try other methods, like using a character who can proc bleed on attack (i.e. Bad Hair Day Filia). Any grab moves also work.

Make sure you've upgraded your ground combo attack! This only works if you have upgraded it. Also, if you are getting hit, just back off. Filia is great for this, because she can safely back dash and avoid retaliation on block. Just make sure to always back dash after the 4th hit on block.

Tbh I find unflinching far more difficult to deal with than invulnerability, so when i see that nasty stuff I equip a bunch of unblockable moves and filia and then I play the safe game.

I still think Unstoppable Force combined with Immovable Object is total BS, especially when using any kind of rapid multi-hit ability like Drillationship or Grab Bag makes the "15%" feel more like 150%. It's just not fun to play against, in my opinion. Any game opponent that forces you to play in a very specific style, especially a defensive one, is very boring. But that's just opinion.