• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Turn off/on skills after learning, such as +crit rate

Dusty00

Reaction score
Fully upgraded characters have 20 base crit rate. With so much of the game mechanics getting triggered with crit hit, that 20% can be more of a hindrance than help. It would be nice if you can “unlearn” those +crit rate nodes in the skill tree without having to remake the character.

I know I've used this phrase before and I'll use it again - that just feels too easy. Those crit based mechanics are just another obstacle to work around IMO. For example, if I bring my Critical Mass Primed to a rift boss and the Painwheel is on Tainted Blood, I use more throws (which will never land as crits) and/or let her get hit and activate my SG's Trauma Center. Better yet, I just bring a low attack bleed character or Diva Intervention. I can't think of more crit based SAs off the top of my head tbh, so I suppose I can't say I've seen any glaring issues. Can you provide more examples?

I know I've used this phrase before and I'll use it again - that just feels too easy. Those crit based mechanics are just another obstacle to work around IMO. For example, if I bring my Critical Mass Primed to a rift boss and the Painwheel is on Tainted Blood, I use more throws (which will never land as crits) and/or let her get hit and activate my SG's Trauma Center. Better yet, I just bring a low attack bleed character or Diva Intervention. I can't think of more crit based SAs off the top of my head tbh, so I suppose I can't say I've seen any glaring issues. Can you provide more examples?
You are not wrong that they can be worked around and would probably make the game easier.

I guess it’s part of the core game design where they want us to have a diverse collection.

The one other example is the Gene Therapy modifier where you pretty much can’t use any characters that gives debuff. For players with a small collection they are rather limited on how they can work around that modifier. I suppose since The last milestone isn’t too high it’s not a big problem. It’d be helpful to say turn off buzzkill’s bleed on attack for example.

But yeah, you are right that this option would make it too easy for some.

As more and more defensive fighters have been added to the roster, the desire to reduce your Crit Rate is something we've seen pop up a good bit. I'm not sure I like the idea of disabling the Crit Rates built into the Skill Tree, but it's certainly an interesting idea!

More options for dealing with Crit based things like this is being talked about a bunch at HVS now, so hopefully we'll have some solutions you'll be interested in in a future update!

You are not wrong that they can be worked around and would probably make the game easier.

I guess it’s part of the core game design where they want us to have a diverse collection.

The one other example is the Gene Therapy modifier where you pretty much can’t use any characters that gives debuff. For players with a small collection they are rather limited on how they can work around that modifier. I suppose since The last milestone isn’t too high it’s not a big problem. It’d be helpful to say turn off buzzkill’s bleed on attack for example.

But yeah, you are right that this option would make it too easy for some.
The main issue I have is that I really like having the marquee flair, and the fighter icon just feels incomplete without it.

... that's why I marqueed my Bloodbath. I couldn't help it!