• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Unholy Host rebalance.

Mr112nick

Reaction score
Yes, just another "nerf UHost" post.

From my point of view - it's need to be done. She's too powerful and in rifts all she needs is "No time to die" to solo defend last point.
HEX and CURSE with removing all buffs and loosing health just for existing on the left side of a screen (no matter what buffs you had) makes it's only frustrating to fight against. Giving that and top ATK and HP stats - that's leave no chance to win, no matter what 98% of players can through at her. Give her Durknut, Purrfect Dark and Dark Might (or Deth Wish/Surgeon General) and it's becomes THE LAST PONT, DESTROER OF WORLDS!

Not fun and frustrating to fight against - is a bad sign...

She needs to be rebalanced...
or
We need to have a proper training room, where we could set up enemies, bonuses, buffs, etc., and be able to turn on and off AI, to be able to learn how to stand against them.

The worst part is people say "any Eliza can beat her no problem"

My 26.5K Stand Out begs to differ, it takes AGES to kill her even if UH doesn't have a burst.

If she does have a burst, UH is literally unbeatable.

Reactions: Mr112nick
it is broken simply put 2-7% regen before heavy healings 2% which is fairly common is broken at a total 9% max healing per second.
splitting image is already strong enough at just a meager base 2%
unholy can easily get triple or more of that value and in a stronger and far less counterable fashion.
anyone saying otherwise is lying.
i saw an unholy heal 40k health a second in a prize fight.
there is no way that is even remotely balanced not while invalidating all the units who could actually deal with it.

some of you may not remember but bio exorcist used to be basically be a version 0.5 of current unholy.
having lost the ability to drain while blocking was a huge nerf to bios defense yet unholy keeps this without pause even though the balance team should've learned that % drains without paying for anything in defense are broken.
i really don't think unholy even needs the drain in all honesty as black dahlias already has a strong enough regen marquee.
if anything removing the drain in exchange for enrage or armor break or some damage amplifier or other debuff on the enemy like a constant wither or tag lockout if we really care about compensating would be better for the games balance as the hex and curse is already strong enough as is.
honestly if they removed the hex we could use inverse polarity units to kill her or antiheal.
but they may be afraid of making her too easy to counter.

maybe instead give her some perma buff whilst an enemy is cursed or hexed that makes heal block unable to effect her and only reverse polarity as the sole exception.
this way they could remove her hex and still have her not easily hard countered by general antiheal but instead of its much rarer niche counter reverse polarity.

Last edited:
Well, drain on rifts are broken yes furthermore there is a reason why dptb and Frost armor rule rift defense coz they reduce the HP bonus and can result in opponents' defeat through reflect dmg. The same goes for the UHost drain. She is just too much in one variant like decent hex and curse for offense, 2% hp drain for both offense and defense, high HP for defense, no time to die Marquee for regeneration with all that she can destroy any team in offense and create a meta defense upon being paired up with other defenders.
Devs have taken note of it they will most probably and hopefully nerf her next update let's see what happens with her

Well, drain on rifts are broken yes furthermore there is a reason why dptb and Frost armor rule rift defense coz they reduce the HP bonus and can result in opponents' defeat through reflect dmg. The same goes for the UHost drain. She is just too much in one variant like decent hex and curse for offense, 2% hp drain for both offense and defense, high HP for defense, no time to die Marquee for regeneration with all that she can destroy any team in offense and create a meta defense upon being paired up with other defenders.
Devs have taken note of it they will most probably and hopefully nerf her next update let's see what happens with her
An update to outtakes could help rebalance this. For instance give each character a 15-25-50% to inflict a random debuff for five seconds to the incoming fighter when an outtake is used, with the debuffs varying from character to character. If Unholy was forced in with hex, the fight would suddenly become balanced.

An update to outtakes could help rebalance this. For instance give each character a 15-25-50% to inflict a random debuff for five seconds to the incoming fighter when an outtake is used, with the debuffs varying from character to character. If Unholy was forced in with hex, the fight would suddenly become balanced.
this change wouldn't solve anything as there are far too many debuffs to pull from the debuff pool.
not to mention it'd be both a stealth buff and nerf to many other fighters.
i don't think players would like having rng decide if they lose or win a game.
removing her hex and just giving her regular healblock immunity and no immunity to reverse polarity would probably be easier to balance.
that and removing the drain or nerfing it down or making it so when shes blocking she doesn't drain like bio or giving it close range limitation would be helpful.
i'm honestly baffled why they gave her a drain with no range limit no block limit no nothing limit that is always up if enemy is debuffed.
i also really don't want to see black dahlias regen on crits marquee get nerfed into the ground because of unholy.
if it really comes down to i'd accept a nerf but only if other variants get slightly compensated for it specifically not some blanket buff but on a case by case basis.

Last edited:
For instance give each character a 15-25-50% to inflict a random debuff for five seconds to the incoming fighter when an outtake is used
That's a gamble in rifts and not reliable. With resistance that furthermore reduces the chances.
removing her hex and just giving her regular healblock immunity and no immunity to reverse polarity would probably be easier to balance.
that and removing the drain or nerfing it down or making it so when shes blocking she doesn't drain like bio or giving it close range limitation would be helpful.
both ways UHost would die and be completely lost to what she is right now stands as. Better if her hex and curse become longer duration but once per match thing or her hex and curse become for the smaller duration but she no longer removes buffs.

If only same can be said for death wish too... I have not won any fight against an unholy and death wish before... I support this post they both needs to be rebalanced!
You know what, I don't think the same about Death Wish.
Actually, I think opposite, that Death Wish - is a good example of powerful, but yet balanced enough diamond character. Hex on 7th hit - is not so bad, as loosing health, getting curse+hex and watching how drain and 5 regens on Uhost heals all damage you dealt to her in a few seconds. All you need against DW - is a character that not relies on any kind of buff or his special abilities, like Ms.Fortune, or Annie. They are good dd characters, that not loosing much with hex on their heads. You can just push your way through DW with good amount of damage. I use my diamond Claw&Order to fight against DW.
And playing on Death Wish is not entirely auto-win, because some buffs and debuffs that depends on HP amount just wont transfer to DW, and sometimes ground combo ends whit 1 umbrella hit and not with a spin, so you lose combo below 7 hits.
Yes, she can be tanky as hell and hits like a truck, but from my experience - she's not as hard as Model Leader, for example.
And for her revive ability - is just Kill Joy's thing on steroids, so you just planning ahead.
So yeah, Death Wish is hard, but not so frustrating and impossible like UHost.