• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Using Blockbusters with Beowulf's ability

FriendlyWolf

Reaction score
Hey! While playing Beowulf you guys think maybe pausing his hype meter during blockbusters or adding time to the gauge will make his ability a bit more useful?

I use dragon brawler and so when I activate his character ability I only have enough time to use his BB3 Three Wulf Moonsault and maybe one more blockbuster only if I use it immediately when I activate his ability.I don't even bother to use normal attacks unless I'm in a tight spot with no meter.
Or maybe at least a change so it's like his Wulfamania! where the effect is applied and lasts throughout the blockbuster so you don't have to worry about the hype gauge running out?
Or do you guys think this would make him too powerful?

Yes I feel like his special ability is really useful in some situations and I was thinking I'd like to do a lot more within the time constraints!
Although now that I think about it, it's not too hard to build up the hype to three (just throw or do an aerial combo three times). So I'm not sure the original statement still stands. Sorry if I seem like I made a big deal out of nothing!

No it's just I'm trying learn how to use beowulf the right moves and combos

I got a gold beowulf just need to power him up and lvl up to cuz I've just been using the same team since I started this game

The trick with Beo's hype isto use Blockbusters right at the end of it. You get all the unblockable/extended grabs while it's active, and then juuuust before it runs out, use a BB3. As long as the attack animation starts (Beo striking a pose/running across the stage) before the meter runs out you still get the full buff, even if the meter is finished before the attack actually hits anyone.

Reactions: TonyPartridge30
Yeah that generally works in favor for all other Beowulf's variants except for Dragon Fighter. His special character ability only allows the extra 35% crit rate and 75% crit damage during the active hype and once hype is gone then so is his applied special character ability, so you can get the extended blockbusters but not the damage and critical attacks which are only applied to non grab blockbusters (3 Wulfmoonsault and Geatish trepak, I tested this out during training mode, sorry I can't provide video evidence since I don't have recording software on my phone), but I guess that means I just have to be more mindful and careful when to use hype in situations!
And yes BB3 is the unblockable blockbuster move.

Last edited:
Yeah that generally works in favor for all other Beowulf's variants except for Dragon Fighter. His special character ability only allows the extra 35% crit rate and 75% crit damage during the active hype and once hype is gone then so is his applied special character ability, so you can get the extended blockbusters but not the damage and critical attacks which are only applied to non grab blockbusters (3 Wulfmoonsault and Geatish trepak, I tested this out during training mode, sorry I can't provide video evidence since I don't have recording software on my phone), but I guess that means I just have to be more mindful and careful when to use hype in situations!
And yes BB3 is the unblockable blockbuster move.
This basically sums up why DragonBrawler is not that great in general. You can probably just go straight into blockbusters while playing him, since your grabs won’t do too much. His SA crit boost is only an average of 26.5% an atk boost, so in general, not too useful. Cell has the right idea on every other beowulf. A pause on the timer is probably unneccesary.

Beowulf's Hype mode can be remade into lasting for a certain number of throws/BBs instead of a certain amount of time to make it more stable

Tha
Beowulf's Hype mode can be remade into lasting for a certain number of throws/BBs instead of a certain amount of time to make it more stable
It would defy the hype part of hype mode to be able to sit back and wait for a minute while hype mode continues, and it works fine in its implemented state currently. You just have to actually use it by saving the bb for last like a finisher, which is what it’s really meant for.

I feel like Cellsai has the right idea. Hype Mode as it is is fine. It’s just that some Beowulf fighters benefite better from using BBs during hype mode than others. Honestly with Dragon Brawler, using BB3s probably isn’t the best use of Hype Mode. You want to hit often with Dragon Brawler during HM, and most Beo BBs don’t hit that many times. Geatish Trepak and Lupine Pummel are probably the best options to use if you decide to use BBs during Hype Mode; otherwise, normal combos give you more chances to proc crit hits during HM. You can hit HM button immediately after initiating a normal ground-to-air combo so that you maximize the number of unblocked hits you get in.

Or have that solid few seconds of unblockable charge attack spam.

Ah sorry, I don't have Dragon Brawler so I misunderstood how his SAs work.
I still feel that Hype Mode is fine, even if DB doesn't get the full benefits from it. That SM where he tackles and you can tap a bunch to do more hits does massive damage in general, and gets a 4th hit during Hype, so I'd use that as my go to on DB.

Actually I think using a combo BB3 3 Wulfmoonsault and then BB geatish trepack provides the largest damage output for Dragon Brawler during hype mode, and the easiest to set up since the first one is an unblockable and can be timed for maximum usage of hype mode. Then the unblockable charge attack with an additional sweep attack (if timed correctly), and unfortunately the full normal combo while provides a lot of critical hits, does the least damage, unless maybe if you use the outtake move (which I dont have many of, not because its bad but the ones I get always have bad stats) and continue a long ground combo chain.
But I guess that might vary with the stats you have on the fighter as well. I'd suggest you do what makes you comfortable!

OH! I completely forgot about wulf blitzer and gigan arm sweep! Back to the training room. Sorry, I usually forget about a lot of things!

Ok! So upon some testing, while the BB3 Wulfsault and Geatish Trepack does provide the maximum damage POSSIBLE, it is largely dependent on luck! All other comboes (Normal combos into special moves or other things) while provides less maximum damage, are more reliable to provide close to their maximum damage output which is more dependable and does more damage than if you get unlucky with one of the hits during BB3 Wulfsault Trepack combo! But like I stated previously. Do what makes you comfortable!

Reactions: Psyche
Ah sorry, I don't have Dragon Brawler so I misunderstood how his SAs work.
I still feel that Hype Mode is fine, even if DB doesn't get the full benefits from it. That SM where he tackles and you can tap a bunch to do more hits does massive damage in general, and gets a 4th hit during Hype, so I'd use that as my go to on DB.
Which special move is that? Can you describe it if you don’t remember the name?