• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

wanting to get my main to gold first, should I sack others?

emorywrites

Reaction score
so I don't care if Icy Hot isn't the best tier for Valentine, I love her, and I've already invested about a bazillion points for a gold one (~6,500 so far...) Anyways, I have a question:

golds:

* eliza Bloodbath
* eliza Diva Intervention

silvers:

* my 2nd main silver, Parasoul Ivy League, she's badass
* my absolute main Icy Heart Valentine, skill tree fully maxed out
* some beowolf
* some beat box
* big top cerebella
* scarlet viper
* graveyard shift valentine*2
* cold stones beo

bronzes:

* bronze Valentines (4) (one of which is lvl 23)
* my main bronze, Filia, she's badass
* some beowulf
* beatbox*3
* double
* painwheel
* eliza
* peacock

. . . I want to sack both golds and everything I don't absolutely NEED and I'd have

+_____
= 89,500 exp

I'm thinking it would get me to level 25 on my main silver Valentine, maybe, tops? That way I'd have 5 levels to go, theonite to save for on Wednesday for a (hopefully) silver Valentine, and in that week evolve my level 23 bronze valentine to silver, so I'd have 4 for the Gold Icy Heart Valentine.

I'm just trying to figure out what to do, I have one bronze (23) that I can get to 30 if I do that to that one instead, and then I would just need ONE more silver (which I could try to pull for on Wednesday...) If I did that, I could have my gold Icy Heart in a week...

I know I need a lot of golds, but I could just get premierre relics here and there after I get that last silver Valentine...?

Woah woah woah.
Hold your horses.
I’ll say this first so that it’s abundantly clear: sacrificing any fighters at all to ‘power up’ others is a terrible idea in all but an exceptional few cases. It is an especially bad move to throw away your only two gold fighters to do so, when one of them is widely recognised to be the safest frontline fighter in the game.
While I would not have picked Icy Hot as my favourite, you’re allowed to obsess over whoever you like so I respect you wanting to take her all the way, but this is definitely not the way to do it. What you need to do is try to win as many fights against strong opponents as possible; and when I say strong, I mean their combined team fighter score really needs to be at least double that of yours for you to begin raking the experience points in.
And with regards to relics, it’s up to you how you want to spend your Theonite, but my personal advice to you would be to go for Premiere Relics for now instead, as you really need to stabilise your collection and flesh out each rarity tier before you invest in your favourite (who unfortunately is not seen as particularly strong). Once you fully get your head around the game and understand all of the concepts, you will be able to make much more clear-headed decisions.
One last FYI that with the Surgical Relic, which is Valentine’s character relic, the only silver fighter you can get is Graveyard Shift, as Oh Mai is totally exclusive to the Daily Relic. Valentine is unique in this sense.
Bottom line: no, it is absolutely not worth sacking your existing fighters, no matter how much you love Icy Hot, as doing such a thing will only be heavily detrimental in the long run.

Woah woah woah.
Hold your horses.
I’ll say this first so that it’s abundantly clear: sacrificing any fighters at all to ‘power up’ others is a terrible idea in all but an exceptional few cases. It is an especially bad move to throw away your only two gold fighters to do so, when one of them is widely recognised to be the safest frontline fighter in the game.
While I would not have picked Icy Hot as my favourite, you’re allowed to obsess over whoever you like so I respect you wanting to take her all the way, but this is definitely not the way to do it. What you need to do is try to win as many fights against strong opponents as possible; and when I say strong, I mean their combined team fighter score really needs to be at least double that of yours for you to begin raking the experience points in.
And with regards to relics, it’s up to you how you want to spend your Theonite, but my personal advice to you would be to go for Premiere Relics for now instead, as you really need to stabilise your collection and flesh out each rarity tier before you invest in your favourite (who unfortunately is not seen as particularly strong). Once you fully get your head around the game and understand all of the concepts, you will be able to make much more clear-headed decisions.
One last FYI that with the Surgical Relic, which is Valentine’s character relic, the only silver fighter you can get is Graveyard Shift, as Oh Mai is totally exclusive to the Daily Relic. Valentine is unique in this sense.
Bottom line: no, it is absolutely not worth sacking your existing fighters, no matter how much you love Icy Hot, as doing such a thing will only be heavily detrimental in the long run.

oh wow okay, definitely will not do that lol. thank you SO much for all the tips! so is Valentine bad in general? Or just Icy Hot? Are you saying Oh Mai might be better than Icy Hot? Oh man, I could main that one instead of IH if you think that is a better idea.

Regardless, I will not sack them, then, and will stop doing so. I will go for the premieres, and HOPE for a silver Valentine or Oh Mai, and then just see what I get. Thank you so much again!

Oh, btw, which is

> when one of them is widely recognised to be the safest frontline fighter in the game.

One of my Elizas? Which?

Eh I get it. Icy's the most coventionally hottest. But utilizing her in all the Daily Events and Story Mode is the best way to go. Maybe some pfs if you feel like it. You maxed out her energy tree so she should recover fast. I get not liking Eliza, and it's cool you don't want to use her, no matter what others say but Powerups are just so crummy. You could get that much xp from a day of grinding, probably.

Reactions: Psyche
Silent kill can be used for frontline valentine (Ze rhymes) icy hot IMO is for support use bcs of her SA
so dont.

If u want to make a full gold team level her up then evolve powerups is shite ATM

oh wow okay, definitely will not do that lol. thank you SO much for all the tips! so is Valentine bad in general? Or just Icy Hot? Are you saying Oh Mai might be better than Icy Hot? Oh man, I could main that one instead of IH if you think that is a better idea.

Valentine isn't super popular on the forum, because she is a little squishy, and doesn't get a huge damage buff to compensate, or have a bunch of signature abilities that carry her well. A lot of the them are support based. Also, for some reason people don't like her character ability of not giving scratch damage, but it's actually something I like, since it sucks to get someone nearly to zero and have them tag out and come back needing a bunch more hits to take down.

I don't have strong opinions on which Valentine is best. Her Golds are about equal to me. The bronze and silver ones are worse, but about equal to each other in my mind.

> when one of them is widely recognised to be the safest frontline fighter in the game.

One of my Elizas? Which?

I think they're refering to Diva Intervention, since she heals herself, and drains her opponent's blockbuster meter. Which might sound so-so, until you find out that 'drain' means that it's also refilling her own blockbuster meter. With two Sekhmet powers, you can basically. switch between them endlessly, refilling your health and never letting your opponent fill up their own meters.

I have a maxed out Blood Bath, and she's also pretty useful at the high end. Her ability to give her enemy bleeds and to give herself regen and in large part be immune to bleed can really help with some of the tougher Prize Fights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Psyche
In this forum, it’s considered a universal fact that Big Band’s the best and Val's the worst. But I just saw this discussion on chat where everyone agreed that Bigband was the worst and Val the best. Which just goes to prove- there are no good and bad charcaters! Variety is good! (Just like in real life imho)

Reactions: Tao and Psyche

Regardless, I will not sack them, then, and will stop doing so. I will go for the premieres, and HOPE for a silver Valentine or Oh Mai, and then just see what I get. Thank you so much again!

Oh, btw, which is

One of my Elizas? Which?
I'd say Oh Mai is definitely a better investment than Icy Hot, shes more focused on damage as she gets 2 stacks of enrage on enemy death (+40% damage). Despite the general consensus of Valentine being a bad character, she actually has one of the highest damage scaling combos. People also say her CA is bad, but they usually aren't impressive outside of a few. Her downside is that most of her SAs focus on healing and support rather than damage, and that she has a low attack value in general.

Be on the lookout for Countervenom BBs. Not only is it one of the best moves in the game in terms of damage and combo-ability, there's 3 different types (A, B and C) which means you can equip 3 of essentially the same busted move on one Val.

You can make any character strong by upgrading them and equipping them with strong moves (with the right stats on them). Its more of an end-game goal though, I'd personally just use fighters that are strong without much investment until I get to that point.

so I don't care if Icy Hot isn't the best tier for Valentine, I love her, and I've already invested about a bazillion points for a gold one (~6,500 so far...) Anyways, I have a question:

golds:

* eliza Bloodbath
* eliza Diva Intervention

silvers:

* my 2nd main silver, Parasoul Ivy League, she's badass
* my absolute main Icy Heart Valentine, skill tree fully maxed out
* some beowolf
* some beat box
* big top cerebella
* scarlet viper
* graveyard shift valentine*2
* cold stones beo

bronzes:

* bronze Valentines (4) (one of which is lvl 23)
* my main bronze, Filia, she's badass
* some beowulf
* beatbox*3
* double
* painwheel
* eliza
* peacock

. . . I want to sack both golds and everything I don't absolutely NEED and I'd have

+_____
= 89,500 exp

I'm thinking it would get me to level 25 on my main silver Valentine, maybe, tops? That way I'd have 5 levels to go, theonite to save for on Wednesday for a (hopefully) silver Valentine, and in that week evolve my level 23 bronze valentine to silver, so I'd have 4 for the Gold Icy Heart Valentine.

I'm just trying to figure out what to do, I have one bronze (23) that I can get to 30 if I do that to that one instead, and then I would just need ONE more silver (which I could try to pull for on Wednesday...) If I did that, I could have my gold Icy Heart in a week...

I know I need a lot of golds, but I could just get premierre relics here and there after I get that last silver Valentine...?
I prefer to level up my characters in prize fights and story mode. Prize fights are great to level up your fighters since you can pick what team you want to fight against.