• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

What are these new Switch palettes?

BallotBoxer

Reaction score
Calling all color connoisseurs!

When Skullgirls was ported to the Nintendo Switch late last year, two new palettes were given to each character, boosting their total from 25 to 27 (except Big Band who already had that #26 Star Platinum). Most are guessed, but some are a mystery!

The fantastic Skullgirls wiki that migrated from Shoryuken is trying to catalog the references (the Fandom wiki isn't even aware of their existence), but some guesses are coming up short. That's where you come in! Take a look (below) and let us know if you recognize anything or think something should be corrected.

But wait, "what does this have to do with Skullgirls Mobile?!" you say. Well, the HVS original Mega Man color might have inspired the Mega Man X for Robo-Fortune #26, so who knows, it could go the other direction! Today's Switch colors could be tomorrow's mobile palettes... (or the Skullheart forum isn't as lively as it used to be, so there!)

switch-palettesA.jpg
switch-palettesB.jpg

99% SURE
27 Squigly = Ronald McDonald (lol Leviathan is Grimace)
27 Big Band = Potemkin from Guilty Gear Xrd
26 Eliza = Ana from Overwatch
27 Eliza = Naoto Kurogane from Blazblue: Bloodedge Experience
26 Ms. Fortune = Tracer from Overwatch
27 Ms. Fortune = Mashu Kyrielight from Fate/Grand Order
26 Peacock = Woody from Toy Story
27 Peacock = Cuphead
26 Painwheel = Hisako from Killer Instinct
26 Filia = Hitagi Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari
26 Cerebella = D.Va from Overwatch
26 Valentine = Mercy from Overwatch
26 Parasoul = Widowmaker from Overwatch
27 Parasoul = Daphne Blake from Scooby-Doo
26 Double = Monster Energy Drink
27 Double = Wii Fit Trainer from Wii Fit
26 Fukua = Princess Daisy from Super Mario Bros.
27 Fukua = 2B (from NieR: Automata) alternate palette, "2P," in SoulCalibur VI
26 Beowulf = Incineroar from Pokemon
27 Beowulf = Captain Planet
26 Robo-Fortune = Mega Man X
27 Robo-Fortune = Pharah from Overwatch

MAYBE...?
27 Painwheel = a lab rat?
27 Valentine = 2B from NieR: Automata?
27 Cerebella = a white tiger

PROBABLY NOT
26 Squigly = Sans from Undertale
27 Filia = Han Solo

These last five need the most help. For instance, I think 26 Squigly is more Elsa from Frozen than Sans from Undertale. No clue what is going on with the "Han Solo" guess for 27 Filia.

Definitely agree that Squig 26 isn't Sans: Flesh toned skin even on her skeleton arm, wrong shade of blue for it, skirt isn't black like Sans' pants are, no pink for his slippers, etc. From what I can tell, the devs only tend to make Squig's skeleton arm flesh-toned on the palettes that are references to living human chars. I think your guess of Elsa is spot on though:
Elsa_from_Disney's_Frozen.png
Same shade of platinum blond hair, the top half of her dress is bright blue and the bottom is slightly darker, the sleeves are more of a light ice blue, dark teal eyes, etc. A perfect match.

I feel like I recognize the style of Filia 27, though I can't place it for sure. Something about the colors yells 'pink magical girl civilian form' to me, but I can't find any good matches. Not to mention, something about the pale shading makes me think the reference is to something with a somewhat simplistic art style. I'm pretty stumped.

haha, seeing how I can't let it go, I'm considering how to ask Skybound Games, who published Skullgirls onto the Nintendo Switch, if Filia 27 is based on something or original. Or maybe someone at Lab Zero picked the palettes? Either way, 5 of them are unclear and I'll see if I can get some answers.