• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

What do you think Double will be like?

Cellsai

Oh Sai
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Website
cellsai.deviantart.com
Eventually the devs will get around to adding ol' Queen Lamia to the game (though my guess is that won't happen for a while!). In the console version of SG, she can use enhanced versions of attacks from the rest of the cast.

All the characters in Skullgirls Mobile have special Character Abilities. Currently these are the CA's everyone else has:
Beowulf: Can activate hype mode to enhance his throws.
Big Band: Gives him unflinching during his dash attack.
Cerebella: Staggers the opponent when she techs a throw.
Eliza: Certain BBs allow her to transform into Sekhmet.
Filia: Back dashing lets her evade attacks.
Painwheel: Swiping up twice allows her to fly.
Parasoul: Charge attacks allow her to detonate her tears.
Peacock: Swiping down twice allows her to disappear before launching surprise attacks.
Valentine: Damage dealt by Val can't be regenerated when they tag out.

What unique ability do you think Double will get when she's added?

Last edited:
Here's an idea: Monster of the Depths-Double's charge attack does double damage to opponents (the giant dragon thing).
Or
Shape Shifter-After using a Blockbuster, turn into the opposing fighter for 10 secs (maybe 7-8, for balancing).
I absolutely love the second idea. It would be fun to get to use multiple sets of blockbusters and specials, as well as the characters movesets and SAs.

Reactions: EmeraldSkirmish
I
Eventually the devs will get around to adding ol' Queen Lamia to the game (though my guess is that won't happen for a while!). In the console version of SG, she can use enhanced versions of attacks from the rest of the cast.

All the characters in Skullgirls Mobile have special Character Abilities. Currently these are the CA's everyone else has:
Beowulf: Can activate hype mode to enhance his throws.
Big Band: Gives him armor during his dash attack.
Cerebella: Staggers the opponent when she techs a throw.
Eliza: Certain BBs allow her to transform into Sekhmet.
Filia: Back dashing lets her evade attacks.
Painwheel: Swiping up twice allows her to fly.
Parasoul: Charge attacks allow her to detonate her tears.
Peacock: Swiping down twice allows her to disappear before launching surprise attacks.
Valentine: Damage dealt by Val can't be regenerated when they tag out.

What unique ability do you think Double will get when she's added?
I think her CA will have something to do with her being able to use others moves.

New idea-Copycat: Double can use up to two moves from other fighters, alongside her own.
So basically, you could equip one of her moves and say, Motor Brigade or Cymbal Clash. This could lead to tons of possible combos, as well as make her insanely customizable.

Whatever her abilities are, I hope she can really shake up the meta in Gold. I'd be down for a copy ability.

Whatever her abilities are, I hope she can really shake up the meta in Gold. I'd be down for a copy ability.
Well meta in gold (or any PF tier) is really just decided purely by Maximum FS a fighter can reach.
This is why there is nothing but Bellas once you reach a 12+ Streak, cause Cerebella in general has trhe highest FS of all characters.

If you want more diversity in what fighters show up all characters should end up with the same FS or FS shouldn't be the non-plus-ultra deciding factor on what teams show up.

Reactions: EmeraldSkirmish
Honestly, considering Double only transforms into the main cast and not the DLC cast besides Squigly, I'd be tickled to see how they'd draw the copy ability. New sprites? New looks? Honestly, can't wait!

- Though, that said... I'd shoot that maybe one Double should have an ability "Illusion Delusion" where she does 35% / 50% more damage when there's a second character that is the same as the first. (I.E: @peeps who be using 3 Harlequins, your sins have no absolution.)

Or maybe something like... I dunno,

- "Matriarch Chaos": All moves of Double and/or Team are given a reduced cool down / attack bonus at the cost of a reduced block proficiency

- "Gehenna's Beast": (Gold tier) Double has a 15%-25% (fully unlocked) chance of inflicting a random debuff for 4-5 seconds depending on the status ailment. It's basically like the Thousand Plagues condition in Val's prize fight, but to the player's benefit.

- "Dark Whispers": Double receives a regen percentage for each special move she or the opponent uses. Blockbusters are also fueled by a percentage once used by herself or foe.

- "Aeon's Blessing": As foretold by Aeon, when defeating an enemy, Double receives 2 stacks of Armor and Enrage, when she is also the last fighter remaining, she receives a heavy regen worth 5 seconds

- "Venus' Plight": As Venus suffered, Double's grabs will be able to inflict a random status ailment for 4 seconds, and she deals up to 35% more damage to debuffed enemies.

- "IN-ZAYNE": Double reveals she is a vore fan and that there is no true god. Joking, joking, but Double receives 2 stacks of Enrage and 1 small percentage of regen when defeating an enemy, at the cost of also being inflicted with Armor Break for 7 seconds.

- "Nunaway!": Double is able to tag in with a reduced cool down, when doing so, the next fighter receives either a stack of Armor, Enrage, or Regen. If using an outtake move, Double gains unflinching for 7 seconds

- "Sins Anunymous": Double is able to steal a foe's meter for herself when either grabbing/defeating an enemy/ or throwing, as there is no absolution, we give two nuns up. She won't be able to do much on her own, but she's a leech for draining meter from "threats" before taking them down with pure force or the team.

That's what I got for now, but man did I have fun thinking about this stuff!

Last edited:
Maybe a small ability for each fighter she encounters, that lasts until she tags out.
+10% throw damage if fighting beowulf, +5% defense fighting big band, +10% crit resist when fighting filia, etc. (probably something more well thought out than those generic numbers I pulled out of a hat, but you get the idea)

the kicker would be that the effects last until double tags out, and would stack (once for each fighter) if enemy tags out repeatedly as double adapts.
I hate enemies tagging out on me when I'm giving them the whopping they deserve, so getting a bonus from scaring the AI into retreat sounds like a good way to make it more fun for me (and make tag ins more tactical and thought out on my end, as well)

Maybe a small ability for each fighter she encounters, that lasts until she tags out.
+10% throw damage if fighting beowulf, +5% defense fighting big band, +10% crit resist when fighting filia, etc. (probably something more well thought out than those generic numbers I pulled out of a hat, but you get the idea)

the kicker would be that the effects last until double tags out, and would stack (once for each fighter) if enemy tags out repeatedly as double adapts.
I hate enemies tagging out on me when I'm giving them the whopping they deserve, so getting a bonus from scaring the AI into retreat sounds like a good way to make it more fun for me (and make tag ins more tactical and thought out on my end, as well)
that's a really cool idea and would make take outs actually useful on a character :O