• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

What Happened to the Game

Underdog

Reaction score
I was so excited for the release of Beo and when he came out I was extaric. However, prize fights now have eh prizes and it's like the BB's aren't punishable anymore wth

? What do you mean?

The placement rewards seem relatively the same, you still get a gold character, some moves, and some skill points. Do you mean the lack of theonite you can get now?

And you say you're having an issue punishing BB's? The punish window is still noticeably larger than before right? Is something wrong with your phone?

Reactions: CryGutted
I'm a huge gamer I study frame rates and activation times so before the update I was able to punish any BB if it missed but lately they don't get punished and just ignore my hits

I'm a huge gamer I study frame rates and activation times so before the update I was able to punish any BB if it missed but lately they don't get punished and just ignore my hits
That's weird, cause the i-frames after BBs seem to have been mostly removed.
After blocking a BB it's super easy to punish now and haven't really seen anything i wasn't able to punish on 1.3, as opposed to before where many Blockbusters had a shitload of i-frames that made it much harder to punish.

And the only change to PF rewards was that they halved the theonite prizes but increased gold rewards by 50%.
Moves and fighters are still the same.

Reactions: CryGutted
I must be missing something then because i can't seem to punish these BBs as much as I could before

I think you are missing something. Just to name a few, as soon as Super Sonic Jazz does its last hit, Big Band is vulnerable to punish. Beat Extend is also punishable after blocking the first hit. Argus Agony can be interrupted with a grab before it starts up the laser. You can be damaged during Silent Scope and Motor Brigade. Khepri Sun can be punished as soon as Eliza lands.

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but a lot of this stuff wasn't possible before 1.3.0.
Gotta agree here, honestly I accidentally grabbed a peacock doing Argus Agony and immediately interrupted it. Thankfully saved my 3.75 streak, but that's something else.

The Prize Fight rewards aren't as "meh" as I would say, because they still give an unblockable should you reach top tier, a key, sigils and along with one blockbuster and generally a special move. If I recall correctly, this is sorta what they've been doing before.

If by that you mean it's more or less unfair that you may very well end up with fewer things than you'd like at the end because you know you won't be the rank 1 winner, I can't really help you there pal, you gotta put in that work and make that theonite! Yes, the theonite reduction can be heavy hitting in some sense of the word, but honestly saying, we get a good amount of coins and theonite in general from story completion / Daily tasks / and so on as it is a free-to-play game.

If you're looking for moves, regardless, don't forget there's the Beowulf Daily Event every Wednesday so you can get other moves you may not want in this prize fight!

I don't know that's why I'm asking as these things where easy for me to do and Punish before the update

I don't know that's why I'm asking as these things where easy for me to do and Punish before the update
Games change over time. At the moment though, the game feels pretty nice. BBs aren't stupid to deal with now, and are still pretty punishable. Especially the bb1s, most notably silent scope. You're probably just having an off day is all.

Reactions: Alex V
Are you maybe trying to punish blockbusters with the timing you used before 1.3.0? Now you can punish instantly.

After the first wave of adjustments, the only move I've noticed that still has i frames post block is painwheels Hatred Install

After the first wave of adjustments, the only move I've noticed that still has i frames post block is painwheels Hatred Install
Heh, I know exactly what happened. Hatred Install is fully invincible in the original game, but that's because it's not an attack there, it just puts PW in a powered up state for a while. I guess they didn't think to adjust that when converting Install's animation into a completely different move here.

Do note that not all supers are punishable on block in the original game, though it's hard to verify if those ones are consistent here since I can't just control both sides in training mode to check. For example, Diamonds are Forever is plus on block, meaning that Cerebella recovers from the animation before the opponent comes out of blockstun. Some like Motor Brigade can be safe-ish depending on range, since the projectile reaches them later in the animation for better frame advantage and they may not have anything that's both fast and long-range to punish with. And then you've got Argus, where every character (I think) has something they can do in between the laser and bullets that'll make it possible to punish from fullscreen... but many of them involve things that don't exist in SGM so you'll probably just have to let fullscreen Argus rock.

Last edited:
Seems like you're having what I call expert's bias. When something is changed, even made easier, experts will not be accustomed to the difference and will do worse with them at first, especially when compared with new players who like the changes. You are just well accustomed to the usual way. Imagine you are reading a book series, when suddenly the plot, characters and world are completely different in the next book. Even if the new characters are better, you will still not appreciate them as much as the original characters at first. Sorry for writing a ridiculously long paragraph, but that's just what I believe.

Seems like you're having what I call expert's bias. When something is changed, even made easier, experts will not be accustomed to the difference and will do worse with them at first, especially when compared with new players who like the changes. You are just well accustomed to the usual way. Imagine you are reading a book series, when suddenly the plot, characters and world are completely different in the next book. Even if the new characters are better, you will still not appreciate them as much as the original characters at first. Sorry for writing a ridiculously long paragraph, but that's just what I believe.
Have to agree. I mean op was studying. Frame. Rates. I didn't know that even existed. Being a casual have its perks I guess.