• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Who comes up with the Fight Modifiers for Daily Events?

Itinerant

Reaction score
I understand the need to add challenge to the game, as well as mix things up. The way the market is going, I also understand how freemium games inherently add paywalls.

Despite this, I think FFBE added challenging boss fights which could be overcome with planning and friend units. FE:H has difficult events which can be overcome with good tactics and strategy.

Reactive Armor, Taser and Unstoppable Force are none of the above. They're just obnoxious.

Agreed, all they do is just slow down the pace of the game. It's not challenging at all to complete, it just doubles how long it takes to clear each match.

There has to be more enjoyable way to challenge us with the big band weekly. I'd take 10% chance to take no damage over unstoppable force.

The expert difficulty Big Band modifiers are objectively the hardest out of all the existing events. I don't have a problem with any of the modifiers, just that the percentages are absurdly high, thus making completing the event nearly impossible unless you've got a level 40 gold Big Band.

Reactions: Boogiepop
thus making completing the event nearly impossible unless you've got a level 40 gold Big Band.
They're hard, but lets not go crazy here. I've been completing ever Expert Daily and my strongest right now is a level 23 gold BB, which I got from a Prize Fight. I've been running the Experts on Silver characters for months without too much issues.

I'm finally experiencing the final Big Band Expert fight. Wew, could TASER perhaps be toned down a little? It's so powerful Big Band practically never even needs the armor or invincibility. Even reducing it to 25% would go a long way to reduce the super annoying stun chains. That or make it so they can't stun through block.

Taser could use some toning down, it's pretty ridiculous at times. Otherwise, although this is probably the most challenging Daily, it's mostly doable despite how obnoxious it is. I guess unlike the other Dailies, it truly personifies the need to change your playstyle.

I guess unlike the other Dailies, it truly personifies the need to change your playstyle.
This is really key I think.
I hate taser because it really feels like I'm at the mercy of the game if they land a single hit, but I like how for Big Band you really need to think about how you're dealing damage. You can't just spam long combos because they'll be invincible after a few hits. You need to change your attack strategy to deal powerful single hits.

Almost literally every other fight in the game lets you just plow through it with the same strategy. There's only a handful like the Expert level 1 Bronze vs 2 Gold and perma unflinching Cerebella Dailies that make you adjust your fight style. I'd love if this was explored more.

Reactions: Itinerant
I know this is one of the 'RPG' elements of the game, but in my opinion there should be no combat-based percentages above 10%, and even then it's ridiculous because it's a real-time game, not a turn-based strategy fighter, so it's not like you can just stop and adjust your approach every single time a ridiculous trap card gets activated. Even worse is the fact that Big Band practically has Immovable Object by default due to the stupid Can't Stop the Beat glitch, so the opponent really is cheap.

I know this is one of the 'RPG' elements of the game, but in my opinion there should be no combat-based percentages above 10%, and even then it's ridiculous because it's a real-time game, not a turn-based strategy fighter, so it's not like you can just stop and adjust your approach every single time a ridiculous trap card gets activated. Even worse is the fact that Big Band practically has Immovable Object by default due to the stupid Can't Stop the Beat glitch, so the opponent really is cheap.
It's not like you have to change your attack when Invincibility pops up compared to say fighting a Resonant Evil, Armed Forces or Untouchable in Prize Fights. You just keep going but don't waste any of your stronger moves. (Like blockbusters or Cerebella's Merry Gorilla) It does make the match take a lot longer so you do have to make sure you have a high enough attack stat to beat the level before the time limit.

As for Can't Stop the Beat, you generally should never be in a situation where you trigger the glitch since you should always resort to punishing after you block their combo since Big Band has a huge advantage in neutral. (Neutral meaning neither of you or the opponent are in hitstun or delay)

Reactions: Psyche
It's not like you have to change your attack when Invincibility pops up compared to say fighting a Resonant Evil, Armed Forces or Untouchable in Prize Fights. You just keep going but don't waste any of your stronger moves. (Like blockbusters or Cerebella's Merry Gorilla) It does make the match take a lot longer so you do have to make sure you have a high enough attack stat to beat the level before the time limit.

As for Can't Stop the Beat, you generally should never be in a situation where you trigger the glitch since you should always resort to punishing after you block their combo since Big Band has a huge advantage in neutral. (Neutral meaning neither of you or the opponent are in hitstun or delay)
You're totally right, and that's the problem. Phrases like "you generally should never" and "you should always" shouldn't be appearing in a casual mobile fighting game, and you can't really say that newbies shouldn't be playing DEs and PFs until they're 'ready' because that would only make the experience more repulsive. Sure, there can be a meta, but the meta should not be forced onto players that want to stick to their own style.

You're totally right, and that's the problem. Phrases like "you generally should never" and "you should always" shouldn't be appearing in a casual mobile fighting game, and you can't really say that newbies shouldn't be playing DEs and PFs until they're 'ready' because that would only make the experience more repulsive. Sure, there can be a meta, but the meta should not be forced onto players that want to stick to their own style.
I wouldn't say it's a problem. I did say "should never" and "should always" but that's just what's optimal against Big Band, just like any game there tends to be an optimal choice. It's not something that's straight up enforced as you can attack him normally like with every other character but it has inherent risks associated with that choice.

Newbies can play any part of the game but it's kind of expected of most games to be hard in places and impassable if they don't improve in some way. Still, since this is an RPG, leveling up and getting stronger is also a viable tactic for success.

As for Dailies, isn't that kind of the point? They have specific effects to create a specific kind of encounter. Dailies are supposed to have a meta because that is part of the design and challenge. Think of it like a puzzle. Although, only Big Band's Daily has that effect, every other daily can be cleared the same way you clear everything else.

Reactions: Psyche
I wouldn't say it's a problem. I did say "should never" and "should always" but that's just what's optimal against Big Band, just like any game there tends to be an optimal choice. It's not something that's straight up enforced as you can attack him normally like with every other character but it has inherent risks associated with that choice.

Newbies can play any part of the game but it's kind of expected of most games to be hard in places and impassable if they don't improve in some way. Still, since this is an RPG, leveling up and getting stronger is also a viable tactic for success.

As for Dailies, isn't that kind of the point? They have specific effects to create a specific kind of encounter. Dailies are supposed to have a meta because that is part of the design and challenge. Think of it like a puzzle. Although, only Big Band's Daily has that effect, every other daily can be cleared the same way you clear everything else.
On the first point, the "inherent risks" you talk about are too high for someone just trying to play 'normally' (although I appreciate the argument), and on your last, I agree. My main issue is with Walking the Beat. I find all other DEs, except for the few nodes in Routine Checkup that combine Nourishment and First Aid with the potential of Tears of Joy, to be fairly balanced and enjoyably playable. It's just this one Daily Event that stands out as the most unimaginative.