• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Will Private Chats Be Worth It?

Rudølf

Reaction score
Okay, the Devs said it, we're getting more advanced social features over time (confetti)! And private chats are mentioned hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of times by now. But would it be worth it?

Channel 0 is a place full of randomness, the good kind. Imagine if you were to filter out everyone else's voice there just for a more personal talk with one player. Not a very happy, hypey vibe, but maybe it's what's needed in the talk.

Personally, I'm having doubts if the private chats will be useful. Guild chats, more useful, since it still goes in groups. x3

What do you guys think? Would it be easier to just show which channel our friends are in, or be given the wanted privacy? Or maybe... we can get the best of both worlds..? (Not so Dev-Friendly) ;w;

I don't think we need a private chat ... like you said, just the option of knowing which channel your friend is on ... but something I would like to see in the chat that I don't know if it would be possible. .. it's the translation option in the chat ... so that players from any country can interact with each other ... I say this because I only speak Portuguese and the Brazilian channel is terrible ...

Reactions: Rudølf and Yomady
As of now there are different channels for different languages... It's gonna be hard to implement a translation feature imo. It'll be useful though. :3

For real though, when we begin to notice it, we don't even use the conversation here in the forums (or is it just me)! And when we're connected to chat, the more known friends the merrier right? :3

Reactions: Pit Frango
I’ve got two small kids and I travel a lot for work. The idea that I could private chat them in our favorite game or keep it confined to a semi controlled guild chat is super sweet. That channel 0 can be too sometimes. Haha

Reactions: Rudølf
Individual chat can be useful to help newcomers that has some questions and to give them info more easily... just my point!

Individual chat can be useful to help newcomers that has some questions and to give them info more easily... just my point!
I don't know... wouldn't they get more info in groups..?

How so? :0
Most members of channel 0 are new players themselves. There's also usually like 3 different things going on at once in there, which makes it difficult to ask questions.
I've also seen terrible answers to questions in channel 0, which are either trolls or misinformed people.
Technically private chats wouldn't solve this outside of the "too much talk" part, which is why I always try to recommend the discord.

Sounds really unpractical and unnecessary (yet) when the solution would be so easy for a game and office so small.

This game has a great lore, simple, no ads, addictive and little by little they are getting better. Am I right?

It’s actually an issue for Big League Mobile / Online Game out there and how their "Party Works", not something rare can change. Huge disadvantage because of how a private game chat works (for regular people like us).

Imagine a Hacker. They can just sell "their skills" to help other players to reach their goals, the shortest way. Right? Through a private chat. Where no one can even see their Business. That's where the black market is. That's how people will use if the Private Chat happens.

Why there are still Hackers out there? Maybe they bring money to some Developers or maybe they don't, idk. But we are not talking about Politic in here aren't we? Hehe

I don’t find myself at a disadvantage on mobile with the current feature, as simple as we have right now. Chat where people can see you and you can see them. That's it.

When I want to be in game chat I am, when I don’t I’m not, it’s pretty easy to flip back and forth tbh.

Imagine a Hacker. They can just sell "their skills" to help other players to reach their goals, the shortest way. Right? Through a private chat. Where no one can even see their Business. That's where the black market is. That's how people will use if the Private Chat happens.

Aaaand just like that, SGM will probably have to stick to only showing friends' currents channels for the better! :'3

Reactions: Qasr