• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Yellow and Blue Energy Consumption

Joanie

Reaction score
4 blue energies for a prize fight seems like one too much. 3 is tolerable; Edit: I suppose it's because of the duplicates... but 4 still seem escessive. Also I would like to point out that the EXP nerf to story missions is ridiculous in my opinion. It might be encouraging you to Power Up but there's no point it. It's a noob-trap. Unless you're paying to level up quicker, you'll still need Skill Points and it's better to level up these bronze and silver for them rather than Powering Up or Evolving. (Only way to fully benefit is to max levels before doing so.)

And what's the point of yellow energy after everything is complete now? (Can you still repeat a Daily/Story for gold and Move drops? Edit: Yes you can.)

Last edited:
I don't really mind 4 energy.

It's not so bad if you have 6-7 golds.

But when you have 1-2 I can see there will be a struggle.....

End game though, 4 energy is more than enough to play casually imo.

I find 4 blue energy points to be the right amount, prize fight matchmaking will often put you against higher FS opponents so you'll earn more XP. In order to balance that out to make XP gain rate similar to before, I think that's why they made it require 4 energies. If you don't like to wait for the blue energy to fully recharge, you can always refill it using Theonites.

The XP nerf in story missions is only when you repeat a level again, and it's to encourage more players to participate in prize fights because there are better rewards and higher XP gain per match. Not to mention it's more fun to face different opponents each time instead of repetitively farming the same boring story fight over and over.

Yellow energy points are still useful for completing daily missions. You can repeat daily missions for skill point rewards and random move drops.

4 blue energies for a prize fight seems like one too much. 3 is tolerable but I liked Quick Play's 2-cost; also I would like to point out that the EXP nerf to story missions is ridiculous in my opinion. It might be encouraging you to Power Up but there's no point it. It's a noob-trap. Unless you're paying to level up quicker, you'll still need Skill Points and it's better to level up these bronze and silver for them rather than Powering Up or Evolving. (Only way to fully benefit is to max levels before doing so.)

And what's the point of yellow energy after everything is complete now? (Can you still repeat a Daily/Story for gold and Move drops?)

Yeah, this is yet another issue the newest patch has introduced that doesn't particularly affect players with a solid character collection, but seems to punish newer players. I know a recent poster over at toucharcade's forums had been having difficulty starting out trying to grind gold and exp to get their collection started. A lot of what the patch introduced and changed tends not to help them, especially if they don't get lucky with their shard draws. The 4 necessary energy definitely needs to either be rethought, or other methods of low level grinding need to be added/altered with new players in mind.

Yeah, this is yet another issue the newest patch has introduced that doesn't particularly affect players with a solid character collection, but seems to punish newer players. The 4 necessary energy definitely needs to either be rethought, or other methods of low level grinding need to be added/altered with new players in mind.
Maybe something like a special Prize Fight ladder that is only available when you're below level 20 or something. The energy cost could be reduced to 2 or 3, but it wouldn't be as abusable to grind because it would disappear after the player has had enough time to build a decent collection of strong fighters.

Maybe something like a special Prize Fight ladder that is only available when you're below level 20 or something. The energy cost could be reduced to 2 or 3, but it wouldn't be as abusable to grind because it would disappear after the player has had enough time to build a decent collection of strong fighters.

Freeblade, a free rails shooter that has seen success on iOS, has events for multiple level ranges. There are events for every 10 levels or so, and these allow newer players to compete and earn rewards throughout their gaming experience, without ever feeling totally overwhelmed.

The 4 necessary energy definitely needs to either be rethought, or other methods of low level grinding need to be added/altered with new players in mind.

I disagree, new players are rewarded with plenty of free Theonites from completing the story mode. Which they can use to refill energy points if they don't want to wait for them to recharge on their own over time.

I disagree, new players are rewarded with plenty of free Theonites from completing the story mode. Which they can use to refill energy points if they don't want to wait for them to recharge on their own over time.

You may disagree, and you are certainly welcome to your opinion, but the newer players I've talked to or seen posting seem to be having a frustrating time progressing. My gold characters are at around 3200 power, so I'm guessing I'm about mid-ranged, and I'm seeing the tail-end of the issue, but feel like I have just enough to continue progressing albeit sometimes on a bit of a bumpy road. I've seen some of your posts and your characters are 6000-7000+, and you don't see any issue with the progression of lower level players. Does this mean I'm correct on this issue? No, but I think you need to consider why lower level players may be becoming frustrated beyond that they just need to get used to the new patch.

You may disagree, and you are certainly welcome to your opinion, but the newer players I've talked to or seen posting seem to be having a frustrating time progressing. My gold characters are at around 3200 power, so I'm guessing I'm about mid-ranged, and I'm seeing the tail-end of the issue, but feel like I have just enough to continue progressing albeit sometimes on a bit of a bumpy road. I've seen some of your posts and your characters are 6000-7000+, and you don't see any issue with the progression of lower level players. Does this mean I'm correct on this issue? No, but I think you need to consider why lower level players may be becoming frustrated beyond that they just need to get used to the new patch.
I've not seen any actual complaints about progression being significantly harder from new players who started after 1.2.0. All the complaints so far were from players who played during 1.1.1 and were too accustomed to the very generous replay rewards and the exploitable combat.

I've not seen any actual complaints about progression being significantly harder from new players who started after 1.2.0. All the complaints so far were from players who played during 1.1.1 and were too accustomed to the very generous replay rewards and the exploitable combat.

I mean sure you'd disagree after abusing the very same 1.1.1 system, possibly more than most players here. Some players recently started playing, or hasn't played since beta so keep that in mind.

I mean sure you'd disagree after abusing the very same 1.1.1 system, possibly more than most players here. Some players recently started playing, or hasn't played since beta so keep that in mind.
I didn't abuse the system, I just played a lot of quick play matches and replayed a bunch of daily events for skill points and moves.

The game is still in soft launch so there's not that many players yet, we won't know for sure if progression is bad for new players or if they hate the new AI until SG mobile gets released worldwide.