• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Zuzuska's FIRE Diamond Evaluation

How good is Pyro Technique?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sub Par: Blood Drive
I personally love my Diamond BD. She's sitting at level 40 right now and lets me easily carry even at high streaks. Her damage gets pretty insane if you get a few procs of her passive. By the time the self bleed would become a problem the enemies will already be dead.
Also pairing her up with a Surgeon General helps with the self damage if you're worried about that.

Going to copy paste from Firefly Discussion

I believe in Firefly. Easy Diamond.

With the new durability boost from Grudge she's going to be very difficult to burst down from 50% even with BB3s, which lets her take more advantage of enrage's damage boosts, and she even has impressive meter control with her own BB3.

She may be considered off-meta, but the way I see it she's quite versatile and statistically beefy now.

I feel the boost in HP and damage she gets from Diamond actually benefits her more than most other diamonds; though I don't think she's too close to the top of the priority list, I personally think she at least deserves a spot in Decent.

Last edited:

With the new durability boost from Grudge she's going to be very difficult to burst down from 50% even with BB3s, which lets her take more advantage of enrage's damage boosts, and she even has impressive meter control with her own BB3.

She may be considered off-meta, but the way I see it she's quite versatile and statistically beefy now.

I feel the boost in HP and damage she gets from Diamond actually benefits her more than most other diamonds; though I don't think she's too close to the top of the priority list, I personally think she at least deserves a spot in Decent.

I was just about to say this lol. Firefly was already a surprisingly effective diamond w/maxed tainted blood imo, but now, in this brave New "post grudge buff'd" world we're living in, she's one of the biggest defensive threats in the game.

Sure, she has to compete w/buzzkill (who can now shrug off a bb3 as well as kill things) for resources, but the same could be said for sheltered and primed.

My top 3 fire diamonds post 2.7 would be:

1. Harlequin
2. Sheltered
3. Firefly

Reactions: Zuzuska

I personally think she at least deserves a spot in Decent.
My top 3 fire diamonds post 2.7 would be:

1. Harlequin
2. Sheltered
3. Firefly

Hmm, I'll definitely take this into consideration whenever I do end up updating this list... Firefly has been one of my favorites since the 3rd gold fighter update, and I was fortunate to pull her and I currently have her happily sitting at lvl 50. She's very niche and not too amazing as an attacker but her defensive capabilities are not to be underestimated. Her durability may be able to lob her into greatness when I take a closer look. :x I appreciate the feedback! :D

Reactions: rexturtle1120
Phew, alright. I gave this list a fresh new look, moved some rankings around in respect to Rift Battles and added a new differentiation between OFFENSE and DEFENSE. Hopefully I'll be able to work on the Defensive List soon, but as of right now I'm going to take a break and get some shuteye. Hoping for feedback on listing spots! If you believe someone should be ranked lower or higher, leave a suggestion! More soon :)

I'd like to question Red Velvet choice in Drift Battles.

So far from my experience node difficulty is Boss -> Armour -> Stun -> Immunity (questionable) -> rest.

For boss node due to elemental advantage requirements she can only reasonably counter AF.
For armour node her SA has potential for locking defensive SAs but does nothing against the modifier itself. IMHO here she loses to Rusty in most cases. Case could be made for countering Bloodbath though, but you'd still have to rely on stacking up on Chaos Banish and Middle of the Sphinx for the fight itself.
For Stun node she's in the usual place compared to other anti-defensive SA fighters.
For immunity node she's just your another Elisa.

IMHO she's only as good in rift battles as other potential fire candidates are bad (or at least bring no utility to the table).

Her place in drifts so far looks like "i'm not made out of diamond SKs, so I'll have to get by with alternatives when applicable".

I'd like to question Red Velvet choice in Drift Battles.
So far from my experience node difficulty is Boss -> Armour -> Stun -> Immunity (questionable) -> rest.
For boss node due to elemental advantage requirements she can only reasonably counter AF.
For armour node her SA has potential for locking defensive SAs but does nothing against the modifier itself. IMHO here she loses to Rusty in most cases.
For Stun node she's in the usual place compared to other anti-defensive SA fighters.
For immunity node she's just your another Elisa.

IMHO she's only as good in rift battles as other potential fire candidates are bad (or at least bring no utility to the table).
Her place in drifts so far looks like "i'm not made out of diamond SKs, so I'll have to get by with alternatives when applicable".
First off, thanks for the feedback!
Yeah I took a bit of a leap with Red Velvet being rated so high on the list, though I'd like to also place the point that in Rift Battles you'll have a very high chance of encountering REs, UTs and AFs. Furthermore, these defensive fighters could be placed sporadically around the base... I'm sure many don't have multiple well invested SKs to deal with them, so having a strong RV is a reasonable investment and choice against these fighters. Giving Velvet Diamond would definitely add to her reliability.

As for the Immunity node, you generally wouldn't want to choose a Debuff oriented Fighter anyways. Also, SK is Water, so her ranking as a Water elemental defensive SA counter, shouldn't affect RV's. Rusty is a Light Fighter and will be judged accordingly on that list. *whenever it comes out*
The point is, Red Velvet is going up against other Fire Fighters that don't really match her level of niche. So it shows on her ranking as a candidate for Fire Essence Consumption.

Great list, thank you for taking the time! On first glance, I'd rate Mean One higher seeing as she's a great counter and attacker all in one. I'm actually susprised she isn't number one.
I'd also rate Head Hunter under best-great, her unblockable attacks are a real kicker especially with her MA. She is one of my favorites to play and really can save your skin in a pinch.

Welcome back from your haitus! It's good to see you again!

Great list, thank you for taking the time! On first glance, I'd rate Mean One higher seeing as she's a great counter and attacker all in one. I'm actually susprised she isn't number one.
I'd also rate Head Hunter under best-great, her unblockable attacks are a real kicker especially with her MA. She is one of my favorites to play and really can save your skin in a pinch.

Welcome back from your haitus! It's good to see you again!
Thanks, glad to be back! :)
I've just been playing the game with dailies and some half-assed PF participation. I've updated with Mean One moving up to 2nd Best and I'll consider her taking 1st spot but I've got to fully level mine and test her out before I'd place her above RV. From what I can see, she has an exceptional role on the Miss Fortune PF but landing projectiles consistently and removing certain buffs when you need to at a 50% chance seems a bit clunky outside of that particular Modifier.
RV's reliability in my personal roster is too high for me not to recommend others in giving her a shot.
Head Hunter will most likely also be added to the Great tier. Where to place her is the real question though.

Thanks, glad to be back! :)
I've just been playing the game with dailies and some half-assed PF participation. I've updated with Mean One moving up to 2nd Best and I'll consider her taking 1st spot but I've got to fully level mine and test her out before I'd place her above RV. From what I can see, she has an exceptional role on the Miss Fortune PF but landing projectiles consistently and removing certain buffs when you need to at a 50% chance seems a bit clunky outside of that particular Modifier.
RV's reliability in my personal roster is too high for me not to recommend others in giving her a shot.
Head Hunter will most likely also be added to the Great tier. Where to place her is the real question though.
I have a max level Mean One on my account, and she easily goes above Red Velvet imo because the 50% chance thing is not a big issue when you are using Impending plus Argus on the moveset and she way out damages Red Velvet even when she is facing an opponent with no buffs

• Wow
Reactions: Art3mes and Zuzuska
I have a max level Mean One on my account, and she easily goes above Red Velvet imo because the 50% chance thing is not a big issue when you are using Impending plus Argus on the moveset and she way out damages Red Velvet even when she is facing an opponent with no buffs
Wholely noted, yeah; the no buffed damage output was another aspect that I was worried about.
Alright! Looks like Mean One is taking 1st in a landslide. I've also added your video on Mean One to the Description 😊
Thanks for the input! Looks like I've gotta work on raising mine asap.

Last edited: