• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Prize Fights AI Aggressiveness

Bryan Tinnin

Reaction score
Guys i love this game except for one thing. I feel prize fight AI is way too aggressive in the beginning fights. That aggressiveness should be around streak 8 our so. The energy cost/ aggressive ratio/xp rewards if you lose is a bit off. Makes me not want to play it, but i need to, as its how to level characters. I have monetarily supported you because all around its a great game! Just some adjustments to prize fights, and ill change my 4 star rating on Google to 5.

Thanks for your hard work
Bryan Tinnin

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180127-131604.png
    Screenshot_20180127-131604.png
    715.4 KB · Views: 11
Glad to hear you love the game even if you find something you think is wrong with it.
Personally I don’t find the starting fights too difficult but that might be due to experience and/or the fact that I will usually use at least one fairly strong fighter on my team.
In your case, what do you think are the things that make the enemy too aggressive? If you can be more specific about their style it would be easier for the developers to consider adjusting it. It is possible that maybe your own style is a bit too aggressive and you keep getting countered for it.

Glad to hear you love the game even if you find something you think is wrong with it.
Personally I don’t find the starting fights too difficult but that might be due to experience and/or the fact that I will usually use at least one fairly strong fighter on my team.
In your case, what do you think are the things that make the enemy too aggressive? If you can be more specific about their style it would be easier for the developers to consider adjusting it. It is possible that maybe your own style is a bit too aggressive and you keep getting countered for it.
Alot of the times i block combos and tru to attack immediately after they finish, but most of the time they are just too fast and i get specialed or combod into oblivion. I try the sandbag method with one stronger champ (I'm a Marvel contest of champions veteran) but the energy is also so expensive; so me being a fairly new player, my options are kind of slim. Don't get me wrong, i love the game and ill continue to support. I just think prize fight difficulty should scale a bit more gradually

The AI being aggressive is inherently their weakness - you can easily bait their attacks and counter-attack.

My complaint is that AI in general are too easy and predictable. But then again I’ve been playing this game every day since it launched last year so maybe I’m used to the AI.

Reactions: VicKing
The aggressiveness of AI in boss fights in story mode is variable. Sometimes I can easily defeat aggressive bots by blocking and then doing the fastest combos just after they finish. But sometimes the bots immediately hit me when I start combo, they get hit once and they finish their own combo. If try to remove their block they do the combo again. The most frustrating thing is, when I wait for it to finish by blocking, they remove my block, when I counter that, they do the combo again, wtf!! And my special moves work very rarely, I try to insert them in my combo to make it work but they do their combo and my special move disappears into Oblivion. After losing a few times, somehow the ai is adjusted and I win very easily next time, makes me sad how extreme the ai is. I tested this without leveling up my cards. Of course, these happen only when I'm trying a long shot. But the character score difference isn't too high, it's just 100-300.

The aggressiveness of AI in boss fights in story mode is variable. Sometimes I can easily defeat aggressive bots by blocking and then doing the fastest combos just after they finish. But sometimes the bots immediately hit me when I start combo, they get hit once and they finish their own combo. If try to remove their block they do the combo again. The most frustrating thing is, when I wait for it to finish by blocking, they remove my block, when I counter that, they do the combo again, wtf!! And my special moves work very rarely, I try to insert them in my combo to make it work but they do their combo and my special move disappears into Oblivion. After losing a few times, somehow the ai is adjusted and I win very easily next time, makes me sad how extreme the ai is. I tested this without leveling up my cards. Of course, these happen only when I'm trying a long shot. But the character score difference isn't too high, it's just 100-300.
Could you give exact examples of stages where AI has seemed inconsistent? Keep in mind that prize fight AI slowly increases in difficulty based on STREAK and not FIGHTER SCORE.

Could you give exact examples of stages where AI has seemed inconsistent? Keep in mind that prize fight AI slowly increases in difficulty based on STREAK and not FIGHTER SCORE.
I realized my mistake, I'm new to this forum. Apparently I posted in the wrong section of the forum. I meant fights in story mode not the prize fights. In story mode, in going all in, there's a 1165 points "Oh Mai- Valentine", I was battling with my "in denile- Eliza" whose score was 680+ points. I tried the level several times but the AI was too unforgiving. But today, suddenly I defeated it very easily.

The AI being aggressive is inherently their weakness - you can easily bait their attacks and counter-attack.

My complaint is that AI in general are too easy and predictable. But then again I’ve been playing this game every day since it launched last year so maybe I’m used to the AI.

Lol, that Filia screenshot.

Reactions: moisterrific
I realized my mistake, I'm new to this forum. Apparently I posted in the wrong section of the forum. I meant fights in story mode not the prize fights. In story mode, in going all in, there's a 1165 points "Oh Mai- Valentine", I was battling with my "in denile- Eliza" whose score was 680+ points. I tried the level several times but the AI was too unforgiving. But today, suddenly I defeated it very easily.
You're fine! The first question referred to story mode and the second to prize fights in case that was your issue. Welcome, by the way!

I couldn't find a 1165 FS Oh Mai, but I did find a 1127 FS Oh Mai node. I went ahead and beat the node with an unupgraded 317 FS In Denile Eliza to test for AI difficulty. I found the AI to be significantly less than that of an expert mode node of similar quality, but I did find difficulty in the unpredictability of the AI. It attacked and blocked at weird times that had me playing more defensive than usual but I managed it with the 317 with more than half HP. I didn't really see an issue here. Give it your best and I'm sure you'll come out on top!

Yeah, it's 1127 oh Mai node. I defeated it but after multiple frustrating tries. I just felt unsatisfied because when I finally defeated it, it didn't put up much of a fight. Other times, the AI reacts in microsecs when I remove block. Or just runs away after it's combo so I can't do anything to it until it comes back and finishes it's combo, cause I don't have any projectile/distance moves on any characters.

Hey, I'm also a brand new player and I can confirm that the AI difficulty ramp in prize fights is jarring. I generally go 2 and out or 3 and out, where the first two are total pushovers and the third or fourth is devastatingly wicked.

I don't really see it as an issue though, as I presume the intent is to have room to improve. I pick up the 15k reward and stop there. As I get better I expect I'll be able to go further.

Hey thanks for the reply. I've watched some of your videos trying to learn some tips on this issue, among others like when and who to level up... is leveling up bronze, to silver to gold the best way to level, as the skills are cheaper? But there are few people who post videos with narration... I'm doing ok, though. Im almost done with story mode, and also wondering how people are over 10k PI!..lol anyways.... Thanks for the reply, and I was practicing intercepting the ai so i don't get wrecked in prize fights. until the game went down. Thanks again, and ill go back and like and subscribe on you tube!