• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Squigly animation is amazing

luckykhanh

Reaction score
I have to admit the Squigly animation is the best among Skullgirls characters. I have never seen any characters that standing animation is as smooth and lively as her. Big thanks to Skullgirls team.

I have to admit the Squigly animation is the best among Skullgirls characters. I have never seen any characters that standing animation is as smooth and lively as her. Big thanks to Skullgirls team.
I dont think HVS did any of the animating themselves outside of the new intros and the stun animation. Your point still stands though.

One thing I love about Squiggly is that she is given features which make her very cartoonish but also highlight her fragility.You can see the elegance and grace in her animation, but if she's hit she falls like a limp rag doll! Every character is unique, but I would say that Squiggly is in the top 5 for her well-thought design and defining animation.

Reactions: luckykhanh
What I like the most about her design is how it's not just amazing on its own but it is also nuanced to convey a stark contrast between her and other characters. Specifically, I find it adorable how different Squigly and Leviathan are to Filia and Samson. The former duo is symbiotic, well-rehearsed and totally trusting which is why their movements are so elegant and refined and they both appear to do an equal share of the work (plus they've had more practice) whereas the latter are 'rough and ready' but have a deliberately messy fighting style where it's as though Samson is fighting by himself and is dragging Filia along. This is actually in the development notes and I find this kind of subtlety to be appealing because it characterises internal thought as well as external aesthetic.

One thing I love about Squiggly is that she is given features which make her very cartoonish but also highlight her fragility.You can see the elegance and grace in her animation, but if she's hit she falls like a limp rag doll! Every character is unique, but I would say that Squiggly is in the top 5 for her well-thought design and defining animation.

You're right, I didn't notice that. True she is very elegant and lively but her smoothness somehow indicate her fragility as well. Another point is, please don't misunderstand me, she has a very hot body lol

What I like the most about her design is how it's not just amazing on its own but it is also nuanced to convey a stark contrast between her and other characters. Specifically, I find it adorable how different Squigly and Leviathan are to Filia and Samson. The former duo is symbiotic, well-rehearsed and totally trusting which is why their movements are so elegant and refined and they both appear to do an equal share of the work (plus they've had more practice) whereas the latter are 'rough and ready' but have a deliberately messy fighting style where it's as though Samson is fighting by himself and is dragging Filia along. This is actually in the development notes and I find this kind of subtlety to be appealing because it characterises internal thought as well as external aesthetic.

Yah now I notice, their team is very lovely as well. How they cooperate and attack the opponent, all are done in agreement with each other. But still I think the difference is that Samson is more brutal that Leviathan and he is here for revenge while Leviathan was born with Squigly and thus he is like a life partner with her. Did you notice the skullgirls playstation story mode ending of Squigly where she destroyed the skull and have to get back to sleep and Leviathan said he will remain by her side until the end of time. Such an emotional one, and truely their relationship reflect their fighting style perfecty.

True, I just want to send a compliment to the team, hopefully they can see it.
Witnessed!

We're super happy with how her extra animations turned out, and her standard animations from 2nd Encore are just as awesome. Thanks for your kind words =)

please don't misunderstand me
Alright you can definitely consider yourself misunderstood.
giphy.gif