• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Rage of the Dragon VS Brain Freeze

infine

Reaction score
This is happening for the Nth time already, so here be bug reports.

So I have Poltergust, now at 6Kish FS and around lvl45. I like to carry with her in PFs, and she has Rage Of The Dragon, the pseudo-120hit Squiggly BB3 (I imagine true 120hit move would leave any enemy with full meter for all BBs, so something's fishy in the Canopy Kingdom).

So here is that enemy team, Brain Freeze (9,5K FS) is the last one standing with about 15% HP left, no buffs, I press RotD and move my attention elsewhere. Because when you RotD with Poltergust against an opponent with a fully charged blockbuster and at 15% HP, you expect them dead unless invincibility/final stand. I return my attention back to the game and see a piece of pavement quickly approaching Squigglys face. OOPS. Brain Freeze survived.

And it's not the first time. Previously couple of times I did monitor the RotD activation, and it hits for 0 HP. Specifically Brain Freeze. Haven't seen this happen to other characters. I assume 120 hits and Brain Freeze SA play funny with each other.

Obrigadory technical information:
LG G6, Android 8.0.

It’s not a bug as far as I know, BF is suppose to reduce dmg by 3% per combo hit, because of that around 36 you’ll start to do close to no dmg, go even higher with 112 with RoD and it’s not surprising. Plus there are those who build into Def% for a very tanky BF so it’ll be even harder to put a dent on.

It’s not a bug as far as I know, BF is suppose to reduce dmg by 3% per combo hit, because of that around 36 you’ll start to do close to no dmg, go even higher with 112 with RoD and it’s not surprising. Plus there are those who build into Def% for a very tanky BF so it’ll be even harder to put a dent on.
Well, technically that means that RotD should do some damage at least for the first couple dozen hits, but here it first does all the hits and then starts doing all the literal zero damage. Also IIRC it does not trigger standard defensive procs like AFBella or Untouchable, so it's not really consistent.

I've had this happen to me as well. I'm not sure what the deal with that is. I think that happens because of the fact that it inflicts all 120 hits at once rather than individually. When I face an AF, you'd think they'd have 5 stacks of armor, but they never get it. It doesn't really make sense, but whatever. Idk how else to explain it.

Well, technically that means that RotD should do some damage at least for the first couple dozen hits, but here it first does all the hits and then starts doing all the literal zero damage. Also IIRC it does not trigger standard defensive procs like AFBella or Untouchable, so it's not really consistent.
I've had this happen to me as well. I'm not sure what the deal with that is. I think that happens because of the fact that it inflicts all 120 hits at once rather than individually. When I face an AF, you'd think they'd have 5 stacks of armor, but they never get it. It doesn't really make sense, but whatever. Idk how else to explain it.

Rage of Dragon only does dmg on the last hit, and will bypass defensive SA like AF and RE. So your dmg will be long pass the point of negation before the final hit.

The 112 hit thing is just cosmetic. It’s actually just 1 hit, but brain freeze just reads the combo counter, so she negates the damage.

Rage of Dragon only does dmg on the last hit, and will bypass defensive SA like AF and RE. So your dmg will be long pass the point of negation before the final hit.
The problem is, it does not trigger defensive SAs, nor does it increase meter, so this means it technically is not doing any hits for the purpose of regular game mechanics. EXCEPT Brain Freeze SA.
The 112 hit thing is just cosmetic. It’s actually just 1 hit, but brain freeze just reads the combo counter, so she negates the damage.
This sounds more like what's happening and it's kinda weird in a 4th wall breaking kind of way.