• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

What is BURST for?

BambooEarpick

Reaction score
What is BURST for?
I was under the impression that I could use it to get out of combos but it doesn't seem to do anything while I'm getting combo'd.

That's not entirely true. 100% of the time I'm in the air it doesn't work. If I'm getting combo'd on the ground I have like a 30% chance of it working (but maybe the CPU is just stopping their combo as they sometimes do).

BURST doesn't give you any frame advantage (BURST into combo) and only minor de/buffs. What is the point of BURST?

No, that's exactly what it's for - escaping a normal combo string on the ground. It's most useful before the enemy uses its launcher. It would definitely be more useful if you can use it in the air, but you can't. You can try to use it to try to save yourself after attacking a blocking enemy, too. I don't think you can dodge BB2 with it, and you definitely can't block any BB3.

Besides that, it's a cheap way to get more stats on your character!

Ah, ok.

I think I found it wasn't working (sometimes lag?) but also I guess it doesn't work on launchers. You gotta break before a launcher hit.

It works well enough for me to always keep it slotted BUT it feels VERY inconsistent, even on the ground. I can't identify a pattern. Sometimes, I'll stop pressing it after I'm im the air... and it'll activate on get-up, as if queueing for the end of a combo... :confused:

Reactions: BambooEarpick
So, after more play with BURST moves it seems like you can avoid some Unblockable moves? I've successfully dodged Cerabella's Unblockable (She does like a rock pose to knock you up in the air?) and I've also dodged someone else's. Maybe Valentines? I've only successfully dodged when my opponent was at full screen. There should probably be more testing.

There's been some improvements to Bursts in v1.2.1 that should make them more reliable.
You should be able to burst during any non-blockbuster attack on the ground now.

Currently, bursts don't function in the air, that's correct.
We'll take a look at letting bursts function as juggle interrupters.

Sometimes, I'll stop pressing it after I'm im the air... and it'll activate on get-up, as if queueing for the end of a combo... :confused:
When you tap a move mid-combo there should be a glow around the icon.
This means the move is in queue to auto fire as soon as your character is free to act.

I think this may be what you were experiencing.

There's been some improvements to Bursts in v1.2.1 that should make them more reliable.
You should be able to burst during any non-blockbuster attack on the ground now.

Currently, bursts don't function in the air, that's correct.
We'll take a look at letting bursts function as juggle interrupters.

When you tap a move mid-combo there should be a glow around the icon.
This means the move is in queue to auto fire as soon as your character is free to act.

I think this may be what you were experiencing.
But moves shouldn't queue if I'M the one taking hits from an OPPONENT'S combo, right?

U can always queue the Move. In both situations, when U are either taking or dealing hits (eg. start juggle combo and during the animation tap any SM or BB).

Remember that some Moves require proper timing or conditions to be effectively queued.
AND that making any input with queued Move will clear the queue (e.g after juggle U queued some SM to finish the AI but the AI is about to use BB which U want to block - making Block takes off SM from the queue).