• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

What fighters do you believe are Underrated?

WeabooTrash

Reaction score
A bit self explanatory, but everyone has gone onto prize fights, blazed through the high streaks only to be presented with teams made up of: Resonant Evils, Dreadlocks, surgeon generals, Armed Forces, Harlequins, Bio Exorcists and perhaps some of the elusive new diamond variants. And for good reason, whether it’s due to their stats or abilities, they excel at their job and are highly regarded as the best of the best as well as a staple for any veteran’s collection.

But alas, not all of us are blessed by the RNG Gods so I wanna know, what fighters do you use and enjoy playing with that perhaps aren’t regarded as the ‘top of the tier’ and in some cases are even regarded as fodder. Because I certainly have a couple:

1) I personally love my heavy reign Parasoul, she’s a maxed out gold and I’ve had her since the start. By increasing her crit rate, she seems to pull off blockbusters constantly and by inducing stun on an enemy via ‘Egret Dive’ or ‘Motor Brigade’, she gets a lot of set-up time to perform combos and pull off even more blockbusters thanks to her SA. She’s certainly carried me through some tough prize fights!

2) I’m also fond of Feline Lucky, A character that seems to be often scorned due to her lacklustre stats. I love pairing her up with sheltered Parasoul and simultaneously boosting her crit rate via levelling up moves in attempt to trigger her godly SA. Whilst I agree she’s more of a gimmick than a true competitive fighter, I find her extremely fun to play with.

3) I’m also a fan of wrestler X, a character that I’ve never seen anyone else use- any other X users out there? I personally love him, his regeneration helps give you a fighting chance if you make mistakes and eliminates bleed debuffs on him whilst his other ability inflicts the bleed debuff during hype which is a pain for any fighter not called bloodbath or ICU val.

To stop myself writing a novel, what characters do you guys use that you believe are underrated, unfairly disliked, rarely used, or often misused?

The low tier options that I whip out from time to time are Weekend Warrior and GI Jazz. Back in the early days of my account, in a time before I got super involved in this community, these two fighters, along with a maxed out That's All Folks and Armed Forces were what I used to grind in the gold PFs.

My perfect trio is Heavy Reign, Feline Lucky and Sheltered. I love Heavy Reign because with her I have BB3 all the time. I just Perform a L5->Juggle and sometimes it's enought to charge BB3. Or if not, Motor Bridge>Stun>BB3. It's very OP. I don't why she is so underrated.

Heavy Reign isn't bad, and as a bronze is somewhat underrated. However, she simply doesn't dish out enough damage for end gamers at high streaks. Maybe if you leveled up her Critical Mass MA and paired her with Pea Shooter and Harlequin, but....at that point, just stick with Sheltered or Primed. As far as bronze or silver pfs though, I have found her extremely useful - that's just a run down on why she's not talked about.

As for Feline Lucky...she seems fun, sure. She's not talked about much because her SA is defensive, yet requires her to hit rather than be hit, as well as being more of a gimmick like you said. The best defenders are fighters like RE and Dread because they don't need to be an attacker to be a defender - they can just defend. She seems fun though, I'll give you that.

I feel like Untouchable gets a lot of mixed reviews, but in my experience she's a pain in streaks. Especially in this Seasons Beatings PF.......yikes. Not as good as RE, but definitely a threat.

Also, Ultraviolent and Pea Shooter. UV is a counter to most defenders, and PS paired with a strong Parasoul or Peacock is deadly. Just started building mine, and I'm glad I did. Inferno Brigade never looked so good.

Not gonna lie, I would say Red Velvet. HEX is honestly in my opinion one of the most underrated (and underused cough cough) DEBUFF in the entire game. Shutting down the DEFENSE meta is one of her only best properties but overall, she isn't that good stat wise and in general. If she were to be reworked where she could inflict DEBUFFS while enemy still has HEX inflicted, I would prolly die from this rework.

Reactions: Luke
Red Velvet has 2 problems.

1) You have to charge up meter to get hex, and Eliza isn't good at general meter gain. If you drop against, say, AF, and are shafted by RNG right at the start - good luck charging your sekhmet. Chaos Banish sort of alleviates the problem. Sort of.

2) Pitiful ATK. Enemy gets to BB3 before you manage to do any meaningful damage. You are toast. Sphinx sort of alleviates the problem. Sort of.

Together it means you have to get Chaos Banish, Middle of the Sphinx, possibly your own BB3 and are left with 1-2 sekhmets to throw hex, and they take time to charge.

Compare that to Double who gets hex off Bandwagon, and with Double once you get the enemy off the ground they aren't going down until you use up all of your moves. This naturally charges Bandwagon in one decent combo and does tons of damage. And you can do all of that off a standard grab, even midscreen. And then comes chaos. Of course the caveat is Double is made of wet tissue paper, but who cares when the enemy is constantly being kicked around.

Reactions: Chocostix
I absolutely love my (now Diamond) Blood Drive.
People immediately call her bad because of her self bleed, but she's carried me through streak 30-40 fights with no signs of killing myself with the bleed.

My Blood Drive currently has a base Atk of ~9k at level 50, with a bit of luck of having her SA proc a few times, i usually have 1-2 enrages going at all times, sometimes more, so the damage gets amplified a lot. On top of that you hit the enemy with a heavy bleed as well.

Any team is dead long before the self bleed becomes a problem, so i don't see why people hate on her so much haha.

---

Now, even though i love her to bits, there are some changes i'd like to see to her mechanics.

Her self bleed is 10 seconds, but the enrage she gains is only 6 seconds, so i'd love to see her enrage last the same amount (10s).

And another thing, that is less specific to her, but a general change to mechanics basically.
While you can stack up a lot of bleeds on yourself, the enemy will only ever have one heavy bleed, which doesnt stack.
So as to make it a little nicer to proc her SA when the enemy is already inflicted with the heavy bleed, it would be cool if it at least reset the timer on the bleed instead of not doing anything at all.
Such a big change would kinda be too much to ask for though.

Another idea could be making her inflict 2 stacks of normal bleeds instead of a heavy bleed to let them keep stacking.

Temple Tyrant.

Once you pair her with the Chaos MA, she becomes the 4th best Double and I mean that in a positive way.

Her 25% healing when switching to elemental advantage is huge at later streaks where chip damage can take its toll on you, and the armor and regen is nice in a pinch in the niche scenarios when it comes up.

However, she is VERY chaos reliant and therefore you need to get to elemental advantage asap to do any meaningful damage so it creates a scenario where you can time yourself out due to lack of chaos.

A-tier in my current book.

Doublicious being S and Rainbow and Xeno sharing SS honors.

Reactions: The Sorcerer King
Honestly even though her stats still aren’t that good I’d say Eliza Decypted. I loved playing with her and being able to turn enemy’s buffs into bleed (hat was her old SA2). Honestly she was kinda like Painwheel rusty except you always knew you’d get the bleed. You could even bleed Final stand and invincible. Man I miss that. Another fighter I’m actually suprised to see doing a lot better is Peacock Sketchy. Sure people laugh at her like Rage appropriate, but with the last upgrading update giving her immunity on tag in and curse on enemy tag in- she’s in my opinion turned into one of the great supporters. Plus when I first got her they hadn’t changed the text to reflect on if you got a bronze or silver so I though she was a silver. Needless to say she’s a diamond now and forever holds a place in my heart.

Reactions: lothorie
Damn, didn’t expect to get so many replies! I find it really interesting to hear what fighters you guys use, especially since I’ve been considering building up my rage appropriate and my blood drive painwheels. It certainly gives me some more ideas for my team aha!

One thing I really admire about this game is the fact that every character has a niche. Sure some have better stats but every character has a unique ability and thus serves a niche.

Another character I find pretty underused, is Toad Warrior. She’s probably my absolute favourite fighter in my collection. Due to being a Bella, she’s already gifted with a pretty nice base attack and Defense but Toad’s ability really amplifies her attack as soon as she’s got a BB Charged. She’s helped me pummel through streaks in prize fights and in my opinion is the second strongest Cerebella (attack-wise) just losing to Harlequin.

I’ve also been considering building up a twisted mettle for my defence team. Has anyone else built her up before?

Damn, didn’t expect to get so many replies! I find it really interesting to hear what fighters you guys use, especially since I’ve been considering building up my rage appropriate and my blood drive painwheels. It certainly gives me some more ideas for my team aha!

One thing I really admire about this game is the fact that every character has a niche. Sure some have better stats but every character has a unique ability and thus serves a niche.

Another character I find pretty underused, is Toad Warrior. She’s probably my absolute favourite fighter in my collection. Due to being a Bella, she’s already gifted with a pretty nice base attack and Defense but Toad’s ability really amplifies her attack as soon as she’s got a BB Charged. She’s helped me pummel through streaks in prize fights and in my opinion is the second strongest Cerebella (attack-wise) just losing to Harlequin.

I’ve also been considering building up a twisted mettle for my defence team. Has anyone else built her up before?
I’ve started building her up to get her prepared for my rift defense. Only problem is that her attacking bleeds are way too short and I’ve got to majorly focus on her defense. Other than that she might get a boost update in the future so I’d continue to build her up.

Reactions: B_W
I've thought about it more, and I'll edit this post if I think of more so I don't spam too much, but Firefly. I can't really say if she's underated, but certainly not talked about much. Imagine this: Diamond Firefly on the rift battle boss node, with Grudge shielding her from your attacks while she gains meter and 50% health. Pair her with SG and Trauma Center, and man, that is not a defense team I'd want to fight. Maybe not amazing in regular streaks, but with high health modifiers, that 50% health is a big deal.

I've been toying around with the idea of a Diamond Big Top. She's nothing amazing, but give her diamond stats, load her with defense and hp, and pair her with a SG. It's another Firefly situation, where it really relies on very high stat bonuses to be deadly, but it's entertaining. I like her colour palette! Maybe one day, when my Dreadlocks is complete...

Lastly, Primed.

......Okay, so she's not some "hidden gem". But you can't deny she's good. Bleed, enrage, and an enormous bonus to critical hits with Critical Mass. Seriously, that MA is unbelievable. Get some tears down, load the opponent with Inferno Brigade....Beautiful. I'm seriously wondering if she has the highest DPS - or at least, the highest potential. Between everything aforementioned as well as the benefits of a Sheltered and Pea Shooter as teammates, she's a real threat. I'm honestly considering getting another one up to diamond, but BHD awaits.

Edit: Painwheel's Tainted Blood MA. Everyone raves about Grudge, but honestly, I am much more worried about one shotting myself than needing to use a buff removal or relying on bleed (two things that I already do). It helps that I main Parasoul, and she does so few hits to proc grudge anyhow. Still....really, I can't see myself switching my Buzzkill from Blood to Grudge.

Last edited:
Lastly, Primed.

......Okay, so she's not some "hidden gem". But you can't deny she's good. Bleed, enrage, and an enormous bonus to critical hits with Critical Mass. Seriously, that MA is unbelievable. Get some tears down, load the opponent with Inferno Brigade....Beautiful. I'm seriously wondering if she has the highest DPS - or at least, the highest potential. Between everything aforementioned as well as the benefits of a Sheltered and Pea Shooter as teammates, she's a real threat. I'm honestly considering getting another one up to diamond, but BHD awaits.
You forgot to mention that Critical Mass also allows Primed to hit for 90k and up with a single Napalm Shot or Silent Scope. I recently switched the MA on my diamond Primed to Critical Mass and once got a level 9 Silent Scope to hit for 145,000 damage with four tears out while I was messing around with the ability in training mode.

Honestly even though her stats still aren’t that good I’d say Eliza Decypted. I loved playing with her and being able to turn enemy’s buffs into bleed (hat was her old SA2). Honestly she was kinda like Painwheel rusty except you always knew you’d get the bleed. You could even bleed Final stand and invincible. Man I miss that. Another fighter I’m actually suprised to see doing a lot better is Peacock Sketchy. Sure people laugh at her like Rage appropriate, but with the last upgrading update giving her immunity on tag in and curse on enemy tag in- she’s in my opinion turned into one of the great supporters. Plus when I first got her they hadn’t changed the text to reflect on if you got a bronze or silver so I though she was a silver. Needless to say she’s a diamond now and forever holds a place in my heart.
Yep. Sketchy is my support option vs something like Resonant Evil or any PW.

And what about me, I like all the Cerebella characters. Also I like bloody Valentine Eliza for her survival options, could be annoying character if you build up her to maximize her hp, I hope in a future her AI would be buffed to stop spamming easy to punish moves, and then she could be a good defender in a Rift.

Another character I find pretty underused, is Toad Warrior
That's because she's new. She's like 2 month old, so not many people have her. And for old players while yes, she's probably the best silver Bella, but she's still silver, and her SAs are like "yup, more damage". Which is just your standard Bella. I mean if we look at silvers we have Purrfect Dark and Doublicious who bring unique stuff. Niche, but someting you might really want one day. While the battletoad just does Bella stuff.

Imagine this: Diamond Firefly on the rift battle boss node, with Grudge shielding her from your attacks while she gains meter and 50% health. Pair her with SG and Trauma Center,
And I'd cry tears of joy. I use Poltergust with SG support on boss nodes. Simply because I don't have anything better. Grudge PWs are my favourite food, especially with SG buffs. Rage Of The Dragon, unlike other BB3s, does not stop the timer during the animation, meaning buffs keep ticking and expiring between you pressing the button (and BB3 consuming meter) and Levi doing his thing. This means you press BB3, meter is consumed, and the buffs on the enemy keep expiring and instantly refilling your BB3 meter while BB3 animation is still ongoing. I think 4 buffs expiring are enough to fully charge BB3, so if you time it right you can easily do 2 Rages in a row without any time for the enemy to act. It means if both sides have SG support, it's BB3 after every mutual buff expiration, and a typical Grudge PW eats RoTD->Daisy Pusher->RoTD after a single long combo just off all the armour ticks. And again, due to Rage not stopping timer, all the armour expires during the move startup.

You forgot to mention that Critical Mass also allows Primed to hit for 90k and up with a single Napalm Shot or Silent Scope. I recently switched the MA on my diamond Primed to Critical Mass and once got a level 9 Silent Scope to hit for 145,000 damage with four tears out while I was messing around with the ability in training mode.
Beautiful.

Toad is frequently called one of the best bellas by strong players in the chat, so underrated is a bit... of an incorrect statement. Twisted is really great with defensive build and grudge.

Everyone sleeps on Sundae School with max Chaos marquee

Literally just flood Crit Rate into her stats and you'll have your enemy covered in 23 second debuffs constantly. It's such a satisfying variant to play with and can really melt certain variants. On top of that, she works as a great support card in extending debuff time for other carries. This works very well into Rainbow Blight.