• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Rift map not displaying/updating attempts when match start timed out from server lag

Dusty00

Reaction score
This is probably a known bug, or not even a bug but intended programming. In any case I’d like to rant because it’s unhealthy to take **** that happens to you that is unjust.

So I was playing rift against Shadoll Maniac, another D1 player. For a few fights in a row I noticed the loading time for matches were taking longer. I thought it was my WiFi so I switched to cellular. Same thing so I knew it was the game server lagging. I remember it was like this when Ms.Fortune first came out and that first prize fight lagged like crazy.

Anyway, yeah it took longer to load but no problem until I hit “fight” for the top trio node and the game won’t load. Beep bop meow. The game kicks me out of rift and I enter it again from main menu. I check the map - tried = 0. I enter the node, my fighters still show as 2 energies. I start the match and cleaned it up as usual. Then I noticed the result score screw shows me 0 points for first fighter used.

Uhhh... I go back to the map and now I have lost that node once. Not only have I lost 500 points for losing a match I never played, I also lost 750 points for reusing 3 characters.

Final score of that rift battle - I lost 17 rift points by 200 points. Are you kidding me? 200 points? I could’ve won by over 1000 points if it wasn’t for that visual display issue. If the game had at least displayed that the lagged match consumed energy then I would’ve used other fighters to keep the score up.

If I had lost due to my own lack of skills or an inferior collection, then fine that’s on me. But to lose a match due to unstable game server and the game unable to tell me I had lost a match due to some visual display issue? Unacceptable.

@Liam Could Get 40 minutes of my life back, please? The 17 rift points hurt but I doubt I’d drop to D3 because of this but could end up in D2 - which isn’t too big of a deal but still it’s the principle! When the server lags and there’s double entry, for the love of god please don’t automatically count that as a lost, and or at least display the visual properly.

Hey Jaz, sorry for the slow response.

Unfortunately we're not able to provide compensation for connection errors, as much as we would love to make sure that nobody ever loses their time or resources to internet issues.

If you are ever looking to be compensated for something, and you'd like a response, and it goes beyond a simple bug report, I'd always recommend using this link:
http://skullgirlsmobile.com/contact

We'll always get back to you over email, even if we don't have all the answers right away.

Anyway, yeah it took longer to load but no problem until I hit “fight” for the top trio node and the game won’t load. Beep bop meow. The game kicks me out of rift and I enter it again from main menu.

Would you happen to remember what error code you got? This is the most important part of the bug report. If it's a specific UDE error, we can usually get those resolved.

If you can't remember, no worries - I know it's been awhile. I'll pass along this bug report to the QA team.

Reactions: MatDestruction
Hey Jaz, sorry for the slow response.

Unfortunately we're not able to provide compensation for connection errors, as much as we would love to make sure that nobody ever loses their time or resources to internet issues.

If you are ever looking to be compensated for something, and you'd like a response, and it goes beyond a simple bug report, I'd always recommend using this link:
http://skullgirlsmobile.com/contact

We'll always get back to you over email, even if we don't have all the answers right away.

Would you happen to remember what error code you got? This is the most important part of the bug report. If it's a specific UDE error, we can usually get those resolved.

If you can't remember, no worries - I know it's been awhile. I'll pass along this bug report to the QA team.
Hi Liam, thanks so much for getting back. I just needed to get it out. The fact that you looked at this and responded was more than I could ask for. Thank you!

I don’t remember which error code it was. Does the game actually provide a code? I don’t recall ever seeing one, but then I probably just wasn’t looking. I’ll keep an eye out in the future and make sure to grab it. Thanks for the awareness!

Now go get some rest! You guys have been working nonstop for this new update so we could enjoy it over the long weekend.

I don’t remember which error code it was. Does the game actually provide a code? I don’t recall ever seeing one, but then I probably just wasn’t looking. I’ll keep an eye out in the future and make sure to grab it. Thanks for the awareness!
Generally any time an error message pops up an error code should be displayed on the bottom of the screen. We found a few pop ups that weren't displaying error codes correctly for 3.2, and we added them to those.

If you get an error like that again in 3.2, and there's an error code, let me know! Those are really helpful, especially if it's an "UDE" error. :)