• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Guilds Brainstorming

Rudølf

Reaction score
If you've been playing long enough, you've probably seen that "Coming Soon!" text below the 'Guilds' part of our profiles countless times. I don't know about you guys, but this is one feature I'm always left curious about ever since I started playing.

So uhh— I know the Devs probably have stuff in mind about these Guilds stuff and what they're gonna do with it. But I just wanted to know what you guys think it would have or look like.

I literally don't have an idea, aside from it involving us grouping with others (obviously). Do you guys have ideas? Specific ones but not too much. `3`

Can’t remember who said it on the forum but guilds can have events where everyone contributes to doing dmg to an ultra skullgirl boss with a ton of HP.
A lot of games have that type of teamwork element. Imagine you have 2 hrs time limit to take down the skullgirl each day. Maybe 5 million HP or so. Each guild member can attack x number of times and the whole guild gets reward based on how much overall damage was dealt, or how quickly you can take her down.

Can’t remember who said it on the forum but guilds can have events where everyone contributes to doing dmg to an ultra skullgirl boss with a ton of HP.
A lot of games have that type of teamwork element. Imagine you have 2 hrs time limit to take down the skullgirl each day. Maybe 5 million HP or so. Each guild member can attack x number of times and the whole guild gets reward based on how much overall damage was dealt, or how quickly you can take her down.

https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/marie-raid-boss.16072/ It's a suggestion by @Nochlosa. I too hope the devs can work on it this year.

Reactions: Rudølf and Dusty00
The idea could probably work if the players would do tag-ins instead of fighting one opponent altogether. So that means there'd only be three teammates at max. :3

I confess my first thought was it's give us a way to sort these friends into groups of some sort.

Yes, we are the guild. The guild of trying to prioritize giving each other gold presents.

Probably it'd be something more significant though.

I'd kinda love to see Guild Rift Battles. Or hate it. I don't know which.

Guild shapes as seen through the lens of other games:

Metal Gear Online clans/ Grand Theft Auto Online gangs
A leader recruits followers. Group has chosen name and symbol.

In Skullgirls Mobile example:
A small group of people unite under the name "Gamerz Rise Up" with a Wildcard Peacock portrait as their guild symbol. In lieu of a new teamwork-based mode, these small guilds would pool points (from PFs and Rift battles) to rank high on a scoreboard of some sort.

Mortal Kombat X factions
Players chose from five character-themed factions to gather points to compete for shared rewards. One faction wins the weekly Faction War to win bonus rewards.

In-Universe groups:
Black Egrets, Medici Mafia, Anti-Skullgirl Labs, Skull Heart minions, etc.

Grand War factions:
The Canopy Kingdom, The Chess Kingdom, and The Gigan Nation

Or 13 character factions:
Beowulf, Big Band, Cerebella, Double, Eliza, Filia, Ms. Fortune, Painwheel, Parasoul, Peacock, Robo-Fortune, Squigly, Valentine

Every week, one guild with the most points (from PFs and Rifts) wins something in the mail (think Rift rewards plus several gold and pink gifts). Losers just get a few pink gifts. You are free to join another group at any time, but you are stuck in a faction for 2 months before you can leave again.

Guild shapes as seen through the lens of other games:

Metal Gear Online clans/ Grand Theft Auto Online gangs
A leader recruits followers. Group has chosen name and symbol.

A small group of people unite under the name "Gamerz Rise Up" with a Wildcard Peacock portrait as their guild symbol. In lieu of a new teamwork-based mode, these small guilds would pool points (from PFs and Rift battles) to rank high on a scoreboard of some sort.

Mortal Kombat X factions
Players chose from five character-themed factions to gather points to compete for shared rewards. One faction wins the weekly Faction War to win bonus rewards.

In-Universe groups:
Black Egrets, Medici Mafia, Anti-Skullgirl Labs, Skull Heart minions, etc.

Grand War factions:
The Canopy Kingdom, The Chess Kingdom, and The Gigan Nation

Beowulf, Big Band, Cerebella, Double, Eliza, Filia, Ms. Fortune, Painwheel, Parasoul, Peacock, Robo-Fortune, Squigly, Valentine

Every week, one guild with the most points (from PFs and Rifts) wins something in the mail (think Rift rewards plus several gold and pink gifts). Losers just get a few pink gifts. You are free to join another group at any time, but you are stuck in a faction for 2 months before you can leave again.

Oooh both ideas seem neat! I honestly don't know which I'm more in favor of— I hope Guilds have a mix of both features. ^^

Ooohhh I hope that if they do that there will be special recruitment messages! I would love a Beowulf saying
" WELCOME TO THE WULF PACK!!!. *Takes out reading glasses* By joining this guild you are hereby agreeing terms and conditions that come with. (etc)"

Ooohhh I hope that if they do that there will be special recruitment messages! I would love a Beowulf saying
" WELCOME TO THE WULF PACK!!!. *Takes out reading glasses* By joining this guild you are hereby agreeing terms and conditions that come with. (etc)"

I WAANT THAAAAAAAAT SOO SO SO MUCH PLEASE BEOWULF PLEASE PLEASE WEAR GLASSES—

Anyway what sort of conditions come with joining a Guild? I'd guess if it's a certain fighter's Guild the team would be limited to only that certain fighter, restricting every other.

I like the idea that Guilds come with conditions, as if it's not all benefits when you join. x3

Reactions: BallotBoxer
13 total guilds (14 for Fukua!) and these are the possible conditions to join:

Gold Standard
You must have at least 3 different natural gold variants of the character guild you are aim to join.
For instance, to join the Beowulf guild, one would need Wulfsbane, Weekend Warrior, Dragon Brawler, and Freedom Fighter (pick 3 from this 4, it is okay if said gold has been turned to diamond).

Too steep? Following this rule, I'd be barred from joining the Double, Painwheel, and Robo-Fortune guilds. And I've been playing for a couple years!

Diamond Bond
Be it natural or evolved, you show your commitment by having one diamond variant. Got a Mummy Dearest Eliza? That's your passport into Club Eliza, blood drinks are on the house.

Noobs may be angry, but diamonds should be generally available after what, maybe a quarter year of playing?

- - - - - -

Guild Benefits
Regardless of how well your guild prevails in the weekly war, membership will bring you a care package every Monday! It contains character skill points and pink gifts. Every month is capped with a deluxe care package that has double the character skill points, gold gifts, and one character relic! Stay loyal and there may be something sweeter for long-time guild devotees...