• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

New Pallete and SA ideas!

Would you like to see Original Pallete Designs for Skullgirls Mobile?

• Total voters

rexturtle1120

Reaction score
Hey hey hey it’s me, now someone’s personally already done this before but seeing as how all those posts (including one ornament mine) have died now, I’d say it’s tiem to make another. Now I remember awhile back on the Skullgirls mobile account, one of the devs had made Steven universe pallete for all of the characters. Obviously making new palletes would probably take considerably longer than just porting a pallete from the console game (I mean I dunno but it probably would take longer) so dont get your hopes up too high. There’s also the fact that Skullgirls: 2nd Encore is coming to switch, so maybe we’ll get some new palletes there too.

Regardless, should Skullgirls mobile in the future ever run out of charecter palletes, I think it would be a good idea to start brain storming our own. Now I think it’d be cool if we added SAs of our own into this as well cause why not, if you can’t hunk of a Signiture Ability that’s perfectly fine as well. It would also be nice if everyone could follow a setup somewhat like this.

Pallete Name (What it would be called in Skullgirls mobile) & what charecter/s this Pallete will go to
Element & Rank (bronze, silver, gold, diamond)
Quote if you can think of it
Signiture ability’s 1&2
Explanation on Pallete ( what the Pallete is, what it’s from, maybe why the SA release to the name-etcetera)

You don’t need any pictures, but if you can and want to add some feel free to do so.
So whiteout further ado lets get cracken! Who knows maybe one of our SAs or Pallete ideas might be used in the far far future....

P.S. Skullgirls is a wacky-quirky game that has references to al sorts of doo-dads and compleatly Zonkers stuff. So get creative! Anything can be a Pallete no matter how obscure.

Last edited:
I’ve come up with a slightly odd one. So stick with me!

Star Woman-Eliza
Neutral/Light- Silver
“I’ll Smmmmmmmmasssssshhhhhhh your guts out!”
SA: One in One hundred Twenty Eight
1: Eliza has a % chance to inflict bleed and death mark on the opponent for 15 seconds
2: Eliza has a 2-5%chance to gain invincible for 15-25 seconds when hitting or being hit by an enemy inflicted with bleed.

This Pallete is a reference to the Eartbound/MOTHER (SNES) series made by Nintendo. Oh and it was also made by this company called APE which later turned into a company called Game-freak, sound familiar Pokémon fans? The specific charecter in question is called Starman, who appears as an ememy in Earthbound. Starmen are usually grey creatures, hence the neutral element, with black visiors and a black enigma on their chest. However, there is one enemy in Earthbound called the super starman who is yellow (I guess it could also be a refrence to Mario’s starman power up but it’s whatever). Which is why I included the Light element since we could make Eliza Gray or yellow.I really only chose Eliza cause her face looks the best blacked out for the Pallete, Robo Fourtune would probably be the best option. Eliza would have a blacked out face much like inkling to reflect the starmans Black visor. Her Quote comes from Pokey Minchs Mother (your rude neighbors ruder mom) when she spots a bug flying around your main characters head. Anytime you get a super powerful hit in the game you see the Smasssssssshhhhhhh words scroll across the screen. So I decided to include these words in the quote as well.
In the game there is this painful item called the sword of kings which has a 1/128% chance to drop- naturally you can only get it from a super starman. Since Eliza is a “Star” I only found it fitting that her SA name reflected her being ‘one in a million’.
As for the SA itself, I was a bit at a loss for what the first one could be, since Starmen can shoot laser beams and I think give you colds that drain hp, bleed seemed like a pretty good option. The second SA seems like a perfect fit to me. Starmen in Earthbound have the ability to cast Sheila’s that boost their defense and Starmen in Mario make you invincible. So naturally invincibility seems like the best option to me.
That’s all I’ve got tonight, but I’m sure I’ll think up more palletes tommorow.

Here's another wacky SA to resurrect this post from the grave!

RapScallion- Ms.Fortune
Light-Gold
"I gotta believe!"
SA: Kick, Punch, Block
1: If you use a blockbuster 15 seconds after your opponent uses a blockbuster, gain 3 precision and 2 enrage for 15 seconds. Or vice versa, if the opponent uses a blockbuster after you've used one.
2: A well timed block grants 3 armor for 15 seconds.

This SA is based on the game Parrapa the rapper (1996 PS1) great game check it out if you can. Parrapa the rapper as a game focuses on repeat after me songs. So i had a bit of trouble coming up with an SA to mimic this, it was one of the few ways i could work in a repeat after me gimmick into an SA. One that wasn't confusing to read or trigger. The precision and enrage represent the kick and punch (kick punch block is one of the phrases in a Parappa song that you have to repeat), while the armor represents the block command. It's all quite fitting as another phrase in the game is "Block while i'm kicking!", rather fitting for well timed blocks wouldn't you say? I chose Ms. Fortune because her personality and style related more to Parappa then Beowulf does. Besides Ms.Fortunes head repeats her commands in a Parappa-ish fashion. Her pallet pose would probably be an in between from blocking and kicking or punching. Seems fitting to me.

Here's another wacky SA to resurrect this post from the grave!

RapScallion- Ms.Fortune
Light-Gold
"I gotta believe!"
SA: Kick, Punch, Block
1: If you use a blockbuster 15 seconds after your opponent uses a blockbuster, gain 3 precision and 2 enrage for 15 seconds. Or vice versa, if the opponent uses a blockbuster after you've used one.
2: A well timed block grants 3 armor for 15 seconds.

This SA is based on the game Parrapa the rapper (1996 PS1) great game check it out if you can. Parrapa the rapper as a game focuses on repeat after me songs. So i had a bit of trouble coming up with an SA to mimic this, it was one of the few ways i could work in a repeat after me gimmick into an SA. One that wasn't confusing to read or trigger. The precision and enrage represent the kick and punch (kick punch block is one of the phrases in a Parappa song that you have to repeat), while the armor represents the block command. It's all quite fitting as another phrase in the game is "Block while i'm kicking!", rather fitting for well timed blocks wouldn't you say? I chose Ms. Fortune because her personality and style related more to Parappa then Beowulf does. Besides Ms.Fortunes head repeats her commands in a Parappa-ish fashion. Her pallet pose would probably be an in between from blocking and kicking or punching. Seems fitting to me.
You can make custom cards? Right?
So why not post it here.

Have some ideas for various variants, but don't quite have the energy to make cards for them, so here we go. The numbers in these are just general guesses for about what feels right to me.

Quicksilver / Quick Silver (Neutral Silver Double)
Appearance: The liquid Silver palette from the console game.
SA: Second to none
- Gain 5/7/10% Element Bonus every time you switch elements
- Reduce Element Switch speed to 0.9 / 0.7 / 0.5 seconds

Thoughts:
- I'm pretty proud of the wordplay in both the variant name and SA name, both are puns/references to the fact that she speeds up element switching and is silver in color. Quicksilver: quicker element switching and is silver in color, as well as being a nat silver variant. Second to none: Second = second place = silver trophy, but also her element switch speed being sped up since the default speed is 1 second (as in the unit of time measurement.) Also none / nun wordplay.
- Neutral to start, both for card aesthetics and because she needs to switch elements to be effective, just like Rainbow Blight.
- Could be pretty fun to use, especially with Chaos

Snappy Comeback (Dark Beowulf)
Thanos Beowulf
SA: Go for the head
- Every time he's hit with a non-critical hit, has a chance to gain a stack of Hype Mode and Haste.
- While in Hype Mode, Critical Hits have a chance to instakill. Gain stacks of Precision when entering Hype Mode.

Thoughts:
- Haha puns
- It's been a while since I've seen Infinity War, and I never got to see Endgame, so it's probable that there are other potential SAs that are a better fit, but the ending of Infinity War is a pretty memorable moment for me
- We have a lot of variants that punish high crit rates, but none that punish low crit rates. Tbh, I think making some of those could be fun, especially as defenders, since it would give the Crit Resist substat a pretty clear usage. (I'd love to see variants that make use of all the 'useless' substats personally, but Crit Resist is the easiest to invent concepts for.)

And here's a few from one of my older posts in the Fukua Speculation thread:

Mirror Match
50/60/70% chance to gain a copy of any buff that your opponent gains.
50/60/70% chance for your opponent to suffer a copy of any debuff that you are affected with.

Opposite Day
Regain health equal to 100/150/200% of damage taken while Blocking.
Inflict Inverse Polarity and Wither for 5/7/10 seconds when hitting the opponent with an Orb or Clone.

April Fools
Whenever the enemy gains a buff, have a 50/60/70% chance to instead inflict the matching debuff.
Whenever you're inflicted with a debuff, have a 50/60/70% chance to instead gain the matching buff.

( Buff / Debuff matching pairs: Regen + Bleed, Heavy Regen + Heavy Bleed, Immunity + Curse, Haste + Slow, Precision + Death Mark, Enrage + Cripple, Armor + Armor Break. Some others don't have exact pairs though, so maybe they could just go to whichever buff/debuff mostly closely resembles one that does the opposite of what they do, so Wither and BB Disable could go to Haste for example. )

70% for Mirror Match and April Fools so that they can be built up to 100% total through Accuracy, but so that Accuracy can also be countered by Resistance, so hopefully they could be somewhat reliable without being OP.

Last edited:
Been thinking this for a while, but part of the reason why fire is so weak on defense is because there aren't any good healer support Valentines that are fire element, and the two fire Val's we do have are both exclusives to different relics. So here's an idea:

Fire Valentine
SA:
- When any fighter lands a Critical Hit, they have a 10% / 15% / 20% chance to gain a stack of Enrage for 20 seconds.
- When any teammate gains a stack of Enrage, they have a 20% / 35% / 50% chance to also gain a stack of Regen for 5 seconds.

SA1: Meant to have good synergy with Sheltered Parasoul on offense and the Fire Starter Catalyst on defense. Also because the fire element only seems to have one clear defining feature so far (Enrage), so I'd like to see it expanded further so that fire variants have more to work with in the future and Crits seem to be something that would fit since they're mostly something used for increasing the damage done to the opponent, just like Enrage. Also so that this Valentine's SA2 is self-reliant and doesn't fully depend on some outside factor like match modifiers or SA synergy with another fighter in order to function properly.

SA2: The regen time seems a little short, but it's mostly because almost all of the fire catalysts, SAs, and match modifiers hand out Enrage like halloween candy. Many of the fire variants can easily have 3-5 stacks of Enrage at any given time, so the short Regen duration is meant to prevent them from having an OP amount of Regen at any one time, but even with the short duration they'll probably end up with at least 1 for most of the match.

(Note: I might be making these SAs too weak for fear of making them overpowered. I can think of a lot of situations where this variant could be way too good on both offense and defense if the chances of either were higher due to synergy with other fighter's SAs or catalysts though, so I think it's best to err on the side of caution.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Art3mes
Didn't realize there's a thread like this! Been thinking of some SAs and didn't feel like Feedback & Suggestions was appropriate to share my ideas. I had some fun with this when thinking of current variants that I feel deserves a buff. I'm not going too deep into details since balancing is finicky. Here goes:

1. Raw Nerv

Arguably the worst Gold Painwheel due to her passive Signature Ability that only activates once she's close to dying. I believe the concept of her Signature Ability reflects the berserk state of Evangelion Unit-01 which is the reference of her palette. But she often dies without being much of a threat. Permanent Death Mark is cool but doesn't provide any pressure when the player can simply block. So.. why not add permanent Guard Break to her kit (two stacks? three? five!?)? It feels like it's a natural fit for Raw Nerv while still embracing her "berserk" concept when her health is low.

2. Oh Mai

This is a bit of a personal preference but I'd like to expand Oh Mai's role as an offensive support. I think her second Signature Ability should be able to activate when any fighter is defeated, providing her a niche in allowing certain Fire element fighters that rely on ENRAGE stacks an easier way to activate their Signature Abilities (Risky Ginger, Fire Branded, etc). Just a slight buff that could make a difference. It also allows her to hit hard with 4 ENRAGE stacks for a short period of time after defeating an opponent. Given her silver stats and generally low ATK stat as a Valentine, I think this would still be appropriate.

3. G.I. Jazz

While G.I. Jazz has a niche as a solo defender (don't put him in double/triple node; a single outtake completely stops him), I think his Signature Abilities are not on-par with the power level today. I think his first and second Signature Ability should be combined to one ability and a second completely new Signature Ability to increase his effectiveness. This will be similar to how Weekend Warrior was buffed in the past. I can't pinpoint a reference to his current Signature Ability so I suppose the new Signature Ability could be up for grabs. It could be related to meter and blockbuster use (a theme for Air elements), more defensive options (Barrier, defense boost) or maybe something that prevents players from stopping his first ability altogether (can't get tagged out, immunity, etc). Just please give him something!

I'll end with these three for now. I love when old variants gets buffed and hope the trend continues. Lastly, I just want to pitch an idea for a FIRE DIAMOND NATURAL BIG BAND that is immune to any indirect damage. No Bleeds, no Doom, no Reflect Damage, no Immoral Fiber's ability. Nothing. You gotta kill 'em with pure direct damage. Works both defensively and offensively (although the main point is to use him offensively).