1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

New Pallete and SA ideas!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rexturtle1120, Dec 16, 2018.

?

Would you like to see Original Pallete Designs for Skullgirls Mobile?

1. Yeah! Sure!

73.3%
  2. Nah, not really

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No real opinion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Once we finish up all the Real palletes

26.7%
  1. rexturtle1120

rexturtle1120 Active Member

Hey hey hey it’s me, now someone’s personally already done this before but seeing as how all those posts (including one ornament mine) have died now, I’d say it’s tiem to make another. Now I remember awhile back on the Skullgirls mobile account, one of the devs had made Steven universe pallete for all of the characters. Obviously making new palletes would probably take considerably longer than just porting a pallete from the console game (I mean I dunno but it probably would take longer) so dont get your hopes up too high. There’s also the fact that Skullgirls: 2nd Encore is coming to switch, so maybe we’ll get some new palletes there too.

Regardless, should Skullgirls mobile in the future ever run out of charecter palletes, I think it would be a good idea to start brain storming our own. Now I think it’d be cool if we added SAs of our own into this as well cause why not, if you can’t hunk of a Signiture Ability that’s perfectly fine as well. It would also be nice if everyone could follow a setup somewhat like this.

Pallete Name (What it would be called in Skullgirls mobile) & what charecter/s this Pallete will go to
    Element & Rank (bronze, silver, gold, diamond)
    Quote if you can think of it
    Signiture ability’s 1&2
    Explanation on Pallete ( what the Pallete is, what it’s from, maybe why the SA release to the name-etcetera)

You don’t need any pictures, but if you can and want to add some feel free to do so.
    So whiteout further ado lets get cracken! Who knows maybe one of our SAs or Pallete ideas might be used in the far far future....

P.S. Skullgirls is a wacky-quirky game that has references to al sorts of doo-dads and compleatly Zonkers stuff. So get creative! Anything can be a Pallete no matter how obscure.

#1 rexturtle1120, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  2. rexturtle1120

I’ve come up with a slightly odd one. So stick with me!

Star Woman-Eliza
    Neutral/Light- Silver
    “I’ll Smmmmmmmmasssssshhhhhhh your guts out!”
    SA: One in One hundred Twenty Eight
    1: Eliza has a % chance to inflict bleed and death mark on the opponent for 15 seconds
    2: Eliza has a 2-5%chance to gain invincible for 15-25 seconds when hitting or being hit by an enemy inflicted with bleed.

This Pallete is a reference to the Eartbound/MOTHER (SNES) series made by Nintendo. Oh and it was also made by this company called APE which later turned into a company called Game-freak, sound familiar Pokémon fans? The specific charecter in question is called Starman, who appears as an ememy in Earthbound. Starmen are usually grey creatures, hence the neutral element, with black visiors and a black enigma on their chest. However, there is one enemy in Earthbound called the super starman who is yellow (I guess it could also be a refrence to Mario’s starman power up but it’s whatever). Which is why I included the Light element since we could make Eliza Gray or yellow.I really only chose Eliza cause her face looks the best blacked out for the Pallete, Robo Fourtune would probably be the best option. Eliza would have a blacked out face much like inkling to reflect the starmans Black visor. Her Quote comes from Pokey Minchs Mother (your rude neighbors ruder mom) when she spots a bug flying around your main characters head. Anytime you get a super powerful hit in the game you see the Smasssssssshhhhhhh words scroll across the screen. So I decided to include these words in the quote as well.
    In the game there is this painful item called the sword of kings which has a 1/128% chance to drop- naturally you can only get it from a super starman. Since Eliza is a “Star” I only found it fitting that her SA name reflected her being ‘one in a million’.
    As for the SA itself, I was a bit at a loss for what the first one could be, since Starmen can shoot laser beams and I think give you colds that drain hp, bleed seemed like a pretty good option. The second SA seems like a perfect fit to me. Starmen in Earthbound have the ability to cast Sheila’s that boost their defense and Starmen in Mario make you invincible. So naturally invincibility seems like the best option to me.
    That’s all I’ve got tonight, but I’m sure I’ll think up more palletes tommorow.

3. rexturtle1120

Here's another wacky SA to resurrect this post from the grave!

RapScallion- Ms.Fortune
    Light-Gold
    "I gotta believe!"
    SA: Kick, Punch, Block
    1: If you use a blockbuster 15 seconds after your opponent uses a blockbuster, gain 3 precision and 2 enrage for 15 seconds. Or vice versa, if the opponent uses a blockbuster after you've used one.
    2: A well timed block grants 3 armor for 15 seconds.

This SA is based on the game Parrapa the rapper (1996 PS1) great game check it out if you can. Parrapa the rapper as a game focuses on repeat after me songs. So i had a bit of trouble coming up with an SA to mimic this, it was one of the few ways i could work in a repeat after me gimmick into an SA. One that wasn't confusing to read or trigger. The precision and enrage represent the kick and punch (kick punch block is one of the phrases in a Parappa song that you have to repeat), while the armor represents the block command. It's all quite fitting as another phrase in the game is "Block while i'm kicking!", rather fitting for well timed blocks wouldn't you say? I chose Ms. Fortune because her personality and style related more to Parappa then Beowulf does. Besides Ms.Fortunes head repeats her commands in a Parappa-ish fashion. Her pallet pose would probably be an in between from blocking and kicking or punching. Seems fitting to me.

4. Art3mes

Art3mes Member

You can make custom cards? Right?
    So why not post it here.

5. rexturtle1120

I’m not good myself at making custom cards, this is more for SA ideas and whatnot.

6. Art3mes

Art3mes Member

No problem buddy, me too.

rexturtle1120 likes this.