• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"Triple Threat" - Strategy & Discussion

BallotBoxer

Reaction score
TT-annie.jpg
TRIPLE THREAT ANNIE
Element:
Light
Variant: Silver
Palette: Platinum the Trinity (BlazBlue series)
First Appearance: 4.4 (fourth quarter of 2020)
Twitter Demo: https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1311456195107000322

Signature Ability (speculation!)
THREE-BODY PROBLEM

• Gain permanent IMMUNITY, UNFLINCHING, or INVINCIBLE for 15 seconds when activating STAR POWER. The permanent BUFF is removed when exiting STAR POWER.
  • 33% chance when using a SPECIAL MOVE to reset all BUFF timers and gain 30% STAR POWER meter.

"I'm once, twice, three times a lady!"
Source: paraphrased lyrics from "Three Times a Lady" by Commodores

What is a Platinum the Trinity?
plat-the-trinity.jpg
BlazBlue fandom wiki said:
A young girl with three souls named Luna, Sena, and Trinity Glassfille. Luna is a rude young girl; Sena is a polite young boy; and Trinity (a legendary alchemist) is the spirit of one of the Six Heroes. Trinity’s personality is locked within her Arch-Enemy Event Weapon, and she is only able to come to the surface for brief periods of time.

Last edited:
From the footage, it looks like there's a chance to reset the timer of buffs when using a special move.

Also, I would wager that the buff she gains is random (either from a specific selection, or just any buff at all). Since... That's how Platinum works in BlazBlue.

The fact that the SA is named after that Chinese Sci-Fi novel is completely wild to me.

I got a Triple Threat Annie so here is the (basic) Signature Ability

THREE-BODY PROBLEM
  • Gain permanent IMMUNITY, UNFLINCHING, or INVINCIBLE for 9 seconds when activating STAR POWER. The permanent BUFF is removed when exiting STAR POWER.
  • 33% chance when using a SPECIAL MOVE to reset all BUFF timers and gain 20% STAR POWER meter.
Sounds like a tank that becomes a juggernaut with high combos. Boosted Accuracy stats seem mandatory to keep the buffs rolling.

The fact that the SA is named after that Chinese Sci-Fi novel is completely wild to me.
I read The Three-Body Problem by Liu Cixin years ago and the orbital mechanics the title is based on still confuses me. It's a good book (a bit pessimistic with so many disgruntled characters ready to sell-out humanity). Apparently it is part of a trilogy now so I need to check out its sequels.

I
I read The Three-Body Problem by Liu Cixin years ago and the orbital mechanics the title is based on still confuses me. It's a good book (a bit pessimistic with so many disgruntled characters ready to sell-out humanity). Apparently it is part of a trilogy now so I need to check out its sequels.

This is a super aside for the thread, but the 2nd book is really great. I think I have more fond memories of that than the first one, and it just keeps getting more and more insane in a good way. I have to get around to reading the 3rd one now because I have no idea where it'd go from where the 2nd one ended, but I've been aiming for slightly less dark reading fare lately.

More relevantly to the threat, I think this might be the Annie I end up working on till I pull a gold one, purely because the refilling star meter seems like it might be a big plus, though I'm not a combo king so we'll see how that pans out.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Okay, so I've been filling out the skill tree of this character, and playing around with her a bit. So a few things.

1) Her skills advance as such: The timer on the permanent buffs increases from 9 seconds to 12 to 15. I don't know what this actually does, because if they run out while you're still in star mode they're permanent so they don't go away or anything, and if you leave star mode they leave whether they're expired of not so this seems kinda pointless? Meanwhile the Star Meter one increases the amount of meter gained by 20/25/30%, but doesn't affect the odds.

2) I was thinking the point to her SA2 was just to extend your time in Star Mode, but it seems mostly about filling it INSANELY fast. Like in one combo if you're lucky. An interesting feature!

3) Similarly, I dumbly assumed that her SA2 with regard to buff extension was about extending the ones from her SA1, but as I've said, that seems pointless. Instead it seems to give you the option of extending things like Surgeon General's buffs indefinitely. Fascinating. Kinda luck based, but it provides a real kick to the character on a team.

Reactions: Inked
Last note on Triple Threat for the night. I've only tested this on Beowulf so far on a whim, but Annie appears to be able to activate Star Power in the middle of being BB3ed. This means for Triple Threat you can have a 1 in 3 chance of avoiding all damage if you time things well and Invincibility happens to come up, and I can confirm this working. It's a lot of fun!

Edit:
I suppose you could also use this to try and break up a brutal combo if need be, hoping for either unflinching or invincible, as an alternative to carrying a burst.

Edit 2:
LOL, since BB3s can't kill you till the last hit and so many take so long, you can keep mashing the Star Power button over and over till Invincible comes up. It may be nearly impossible to be BB3ed to death while playing her in many cases. Not that being at 1HP is a huge improvement, but I still just won a battle like that.

Sigh, this is going to be one of those "great features" that I report that becomes a bug to fix isn't it?

Whelp, either way, doing my part to help the game.

Last edited: