• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Camera shaking makes me dizzy now

Do you feel the current camera shaking is uncomfortable?

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Didn't feel a difference

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Abex

Reaction score
Somehow after the update the camera shaking becomes way much more than before, after playing several fights my eyes start to loss focus and I felt dizzy.

Please change the screen shaking effect back to before or add an option to reduce it.

Sincere thanks!

Somehow after the update the camera shaking becomes way much more than before, after playing several fights my eyes start to loss focus and I felt dizzy.

Please change the screen shaking effect back to before or add an option to reduce it.

Sincere thanks!
Sorry to hear that! We're aware of this feedback and talking about it internally. Some moves cause more camera shake than others - do you know which moves in particular are causing the most strain?

Reactions: Abex
Sorry to hear that! We're aware of this feedback and talking about it internally. Some moves cause more camera shake than others - do you know which moves in particular are causing the most strain?
Thanks a lot for the quick reply! I realized the shaking was not relative to certain moves only but to the whole camera shaking modifiers setup.
For example, when fight starts and my first fighter squiggly spawns, there is a camera shaking effect, before the update the shaking was little but perfect, right now the shaking becomes more and make I almost felt like my eyes went fuzzy.
The same shaking effect applied to all the moves with a bigger shaking modifier. Such as the knock down attack after jungle attack, Val's countervenom BB, etc.

For me when valentine uses her shots block busters. Especially when they're used in a combo one after another. Also I've noticed it's pretty heavy with painwheels moves as well since there's already a bit of shaking going on with her hits.

For me when valentine uses her shots block busters
Valentine has a shake at the start of the move before she strikes, which is likely an oversight, I agree that could be removed entirely. The actual shake on the hit feels correct to me however!

For example, when fight starts and my first fighter squiggly spawns, there is a camera shaking effect, before the update the shaking was little but perfect, right now the shaking becomes more and make I almost felt like my eyes went fuzzy.
I compared this with the Squigly intro animation from Skullgirls 2nd Encore (the console and PC version) and SGM is now in sync with that, but perhaps some players are more sensitive to the camera shaking than others.

Such as the knock down attack after jungle attack
This one is pretty strong, I agree. (Ex: Parasoul juggle, Filia "Widow's Peak" BB)

painwheels moves as well
Thanks, I'll take a closer look at Painwheel.

If it's been adjusted to match the original PC/Console games, then it makes me wonder if something more is going on here that's causing it to bother people more on mobile.

I'd bet that the screen shake is more noticeable (and dizziness inducing) on mobile because of the A: Smaller screens that are B: Held closer to the face. I'm guessing it's basically the same sort of motion sickness / dizziness issues that a lot of folks had with early VR games that weren't tuned for VR headsets and just used the same screen movement settings as their PC releases.

Last edited:
Reactions: evilgordo
Sorry, there's too many instances to list for me. (Let's just say I'm leveling some heavy/tanky characters ATM)

All I can say is that before 4.4, I could play for (literally) hours, especially during holiday PF, with no issues.
Now, I can't go 15min before getting a headache.

Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen