• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Forum Update - Feedback and Questions

WillTheDev

Hackerman
Reaction score
Hello forumites,

Sorry about the downtime. This forum update was a long time coming, and I hope the change isn't too jarring. We did what we could to keep things as similar as possible, however with a major upgrade like this, some things have to change. With that, however, comes a bunch of new features! Like a lot. A lot a lot. One being full Unicode support (please use emojis responsibly). Mobile has never looked better!

I welcome your feedback and suggestions. Happy posting!

~Will The Dev

Hello forumites,

Sorry about the downtime. This forum update was a long time coming, and I hope the change isn't too jarring. We did what we could to keep things as similar as possible, however with a major upgrade like this, some things have to change. With that, however, comes a bunch of new features! Like a lot. A lot a lot. One being full Unicode support (please use emojis responsibly). Mobile has never looked better!

I welcome your feedback and suggestions. Happy posting!

~Will The Dev
Hi Will,

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this format change-- it looks very sharp and classy (just like Skullgirls)!

My only concern is that status' are basically useless now since they're no longer displayed on the main page. They were a quick, easy way to get questions asked (like "who should I evolve?"), point out little things about the game and personal milestones, and made the forums less crowded in general.

Was there a reason they were moved out of view in the first place?

Reactions: evilgordo
Hi Will,

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this format change-- it looks very sharp and classy (just like Skullgirls)!

My only concern is that status' are basically useless now since they're no longer displayed on the main page. They were a quick, easy way to get questions asked (like "who should I evolve?"), point out little things about the game and personal milestones, and made the forums less crowded in general.

Yeah, 'latest posts' and 'latest profile posts' (formerly status) are buried too deep depending on the layout. It’s an extra click or two, but you find them in 'What’s New' link in the menu.

The "Latest profile posts"? Those are still on the main page. I moved them up a bit just now so they're a bit more prominent. Lemme know if you're still having trouble?

The "Latest profile posts"? Those are still on the main page. I moved them up a bit just now so they're a bit more prominent. Lemme know if you're still having trouble?
When the display resolution hits a certain size (phones, tablets in portrait mode), the side bar that contains 'Latest Posts' and 'Latest Profile Posts' disappears completely (only accessible with in What's New in the menu in the upper left):

sgm01.PNG

Could I request a slight change to the header spacing for computers / devices in landscape mode? The current header takes up the whole top half of the page on my 13 inch laptop because there's quite a bit of extra space above and below the banner image.

Another possible solution would be to condense the green profile bar into the right half of the Home bar the way that it is on mobile to save more space up top.

Full screenshot for reference:
Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 9.10.28 AM.jpg

EDIT: Just realized that Tables have been added, and I want to say thank you so much for that! It'll make collecting / displaying data so much easier!

Last edited:
Reactions: Art3mes
I'm still not seeing them on the main page? Here is what it looks like for me. I've got an android and I'm using Samsung Internet.20210116_093127.jpg20210116_093144.jpg

Reactions: Art3mes
please use emojis responsibly
😘

Everything is working like a charm especially the text editor and channel banner.
The profile posts' section should be placed somewhere else as its current position is undermining its value.

Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen
When the display resolution hits a certain size (phones, tablets in portrait mode), the side bar that contains 'Latest Posts' and 'Latest Profile Posts' disappears completely (only accessible with in What's New in the menu in the upper left):
Ah ok. That can be accessed with the kebab menu, the three vertical dots on the right next to the bell. That'll give you the side bar. I'm looking into making that more noticeable.

Could I request a slight change to the header spacing for computers / devices in landscape mode? The current header takes up the whole top half of the page on my 13 inch laptop because there's quite a bit of extra space above and below the banner image.
I'll work on removing the excessive negative space.

Reactions: Lililira
Honestly, the update looks great. My only gripe is that I struggle to differentiate between posts I've read and unread posts, since the only difference is whether they're bold or not. If the blue on the main page when there's an unread subsection could also be used for the individual posts that would be very helpful.

Since profile posts and comments are limited to a certain number of characters, could I request a character tracker be added to the UI for making both of those? Thank you!

(I can't be concise to save my life, and I've already bumped up against it a couple times, and without knowing how close I am to the limit I find it hard to figure out what I need to trim to fit under the limit.)

Honestly, the update looks great. My only gripe is that I struggle to differentiate between posts I've read and unread posts, since the only difference is whether they're bold or not. If the blue on the main page when there's an unread subsection could also be used for the individual posts that would be very helpful.
Unread posts should now be blue/

Since profile posts and comments are limited to a certain number of characters, could I request a character tracker be added to the UI for making both of those? Thank you!

(I can't be concise to save my life, and I've already bumped up against it a couple times, and without knowing how close I am to the limit I find it hard to figure out what I need to trim to fit under the limit.)
This is oddly tricky to accomplish, but it's noted for the future.

Reactions: Lililira