• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Last (3)hour rift grinding should be fixed

P90RUSHBee

Reaction score
( Just a heads up, before I start, English is not my native language so please forgive my sh**ty grammar >_< )

This problem has been inside of my chest for a while and I finally want to talk about it today.
So... as we all know SGM has a diverse player basis which means that different players from different time zone can take advantage on the last day of the rift seasons. What do I mean by that? Let's take me as an example: for the time zone I'm in, the rift season ends every Monday at 3 AM, which means I couldn't stay up that late to defend and revenge other players until the season ends, however, for other players from... let's say Japan, Korea or China, their rift season ends in the afternoon or midday, meaning that they can use that time to continue to get higher scores in rift.

Personally speaking, I think it's unfair to rank a player based on how much they can grind in the last few hours because they can take advantage of their time zone (on that note I miss the old rift). I am a Diamond 1 rank player myself but because of this time zone thing I always end up with diamond 3 or 4 in the end simply due to I have school and work the next day, I CANNOT stay up that late every season just to defend my rift base and I hope that there's a solution to stop that.

unnamed.jpg

( Just a heads up, before I start, English is not my native language so please forgive my sh**ty grammar >_< )

This problem has been inside of my chest for a while and I finally want to talk about it today.
So... as we all know SGM has a diverse player basis which means that different players from different time zone can take advantage on the last day of the rift seasons. What do I mean by that? Let's take me as an example: for the time zone I'm in, the rift season ends every Monday at 3 AM, which means I couldn't stay up that late to defend and revenge other players until the season ends, however, for other players from... let's say Japan, Korea or China, their rift season ends in the afternoon or midday, meaning that they can use that time to continue to get higher scores in rift.

Personally speaking, I think it's unfair to rank a player based on how much they can grind in the last few hours because they can take advantage of their time zone (on that note I miss the old rift). I am a Diamond 1 rank player myself but because of this time zone thing I always end up with diamond 3 or 4 in the end simply due to I have school and work the next day, I CANNOT stay up that late every season just to defend my rift base and I hope that there's a solution to stop that.

View attachment 12632
This has been a long standing issue for a lot of players. The best solution I can think of would be to have players input their time zone, have it end at like noon their time (or something else reasonable) at which time the players score cannot be altered even if other players attack the base (or maybe withdrawing the players base as a fight-able option at that time). Then, after like 24 hours the players would receive their rewards and final score based on where everyone landed.

Otherwise, yes, this is an issue but there doesn't seem to be a good solution to it as rift is right now.

withdrawing the players base as a fight-able option at that time
This looks like a very nice idea.
But wouldn't it reduce the number of available bases, to fight, to the player who lives where the timer resets the last?
But you can't punish people on base of where they live😅.

This has been an issue since Rift 2.0 was introduced.

I've mentioned this before, but I think the best solution would be to dedicate the final 12 hours to revenge battles only.
If nobody is allowed to attack new opponents during those final 12 hours, then it doesn't matter what time zone you're in, because...

- If you're in a time zone where rift ends between night and early morning, you would have time to finish up your final revenge battles before you go to sleep, and then you don't have to worry about new attackers.

- And if you're in a time zone where rift ends between daytime and evening, then you have time to finish up your final revenge battles after waking up or during the day. Even if you're attacked while you sleep, you will have time to look at your history, and revenge if you want to.

This has been an issue since Rift 2.0 was introduced.

I've mentioned this before, but I think the best solution would be to dedicate the final 12 hours to revenge battles only.
If nobody is allowed to attack new opponents during those final 12 hours, then it doesn't matter what time zone you're in, because...

- If you're in a time zone where rift ends between night and early morning, you would have time to finish up your final revenge battles before you go to sleep, and then you don't have to worry about new attackers.

- And if you're in a time zone where rift ends between daytime and evening, then you have time to finish up your final revenge battles after waking up or during the day. Even if you're attacked while you sleep, you will have time to look at your history, and revenge if you want to.
That does sound like a great idea, but for people like me, who get attacked once if at all during a rift week, I don't think this system would work out very well for us. We'd instead have to dedicate all of our time earlier in the week to get a rift rating, which would only hurt us in the long run meaning I'd get attacked by people I have no chance of beating and would just have to take the L.

That does sound like a great idea, but for people like me, who get attacked once if at all during a rift week, I don't think this system would work out very well for us. We'd instead have to dedicate all of our time earlier in the week to get a rift rating, which would only hurt us in the long run meaning I'd get attacked by people I have no chance of beating and would just have to take the L.
That would happen regardless tho, and dedicating the final 12 hours to revenge battles won't affect that.
The only purpose of dedicating the final hours to revenge battles is to prevent people from sniping others in the final hours, without the defender even getting a chance to look at their history before the seasons ends.

Currently it's an unfair system since half of the player base sleeps the hours surrounding the season end, while the other half can actively play during those hours.
But if some people get attacked more, and others get attacked less, it's not because of an unfair system, but probably because some bases/bosses look more intimidating than others.

Right now rift season rewards depends only/mostly on how you perform the last 10/12 hours maybe, from my experience there's really no reason to go and fight the 6 other days, unless you want to collect more rift coins maybe,, not sure, but obviously something isn't right with that. I'm also at latam time zone so always end up playing last battles at 2:30/3:00 am, developers really have a rift here lol, and opportunity to test their creativity to work, i'm sure they'll figure something out soon

Reactions: Codlugarthia
Last 3 hour grind is an issue but I dont like the fact that my base at 1030 rating is shown to 2 different high levels at once to come and wreck it. While the revenge only idea is good there was a recent controversy about a certain person putting a weak base and only revenging and winning as they were lv 70 with good attackers. Some changes to matchmaking, final day and revenges could help.

Reactions: Codlugarthia