• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

How much of Black Dahlia is synthetic?

TonyPartridge30

Reaction score
Love her design and it’s great to have her in the game now (even if I haven’t gotten a diamond roll yet 🥲). I understand her backstory says she’s “at least partially” cybernetic. It’s clear her legs are prosthetic and obviously her gun arm. Is she like Darth Vader where it’s just her limbs that are robotic, or has she had alterations done to her torso and/or head? I assume she still has a human brain, at least, given how she expresses joy in the pain of others.

I also wonder if she has had additional upgrades applied since her initial transformation into the first anti Skullgirl unit. Hard to see her keeping up with Peacock otherwise.

The in-game more info button reveals her weight: 350 lbs (100 lbs organic) -- or in metric, 159 kg (45 kg organic)
BD-bio.jpg
I'd say most of that inorganic 250 lbs is that heavy metal gun arm! Her 2nd Encore full release may bring character sheet diagrams and her story mode give more clues, but until then, I guess only her left arm, body (neck to mid-thigh), and head are "real."

I also wonder if she has had additional upgrades applied since her initial transformation into the first anti Skullgirl unit. Hard to see her keeping up with Peacock otherwise.
Maybe Tom, the tiny Dagonian engineer that pilots Ottomo, has been maintaining Dahlia's tech?

Maybe Tom, the tiny Dagonian engineer that pilots Ottomo, has been maintaining Dahlia's tech?
But she doesn't like him. Feel like she'd have issues letting him get that personal with her.

Also, only 5'8"?! Shockingly short. I would have expected her to be on the tall side.

I'm a big fan of how she laughs and smiles even when defeated. Nice touch.

Reactions: curioscat229
Before Robo-Fortune became canon, I'd say Brain Drain was the most technologically-advanced entity in Canopy Kingdom. He's a brain and a few organs in a robot shell. All the other cyborgs are more "intact." But now Robo-Fortune was acknowledged in Annie's 2nd Encore story mode, it means completely synthetic being are possible. Black Dahlia could be a robot that only pretends to drink "apple juice"
But she doesn't like him.
True! That's one of the funniest parts of her likes/dislikes. She likes Ottomo, but dislikes Tom. That's like loving Iron Man but hating Tony Stark. I guess a tall and goofy dancing robot suit with gun fingers really makes the difference.

True! That's one of the funniest parts of her likes/dislikes. She likes Ottomo, but dislikes Tom. That's like loving Iron Man but hating Tony Stark. I guess a tall and goofy dancing robot suit with gun fingers really makes the difference.
Well, that's possible if one doesn't KNOW that 'Tony Stark' is 'Iron Man'...

Dahlia likes Uncut Gems by Adam Sandler? She's got good taste in movies (and actors) I see

i heard she was pretty old too, like in her 60's but she looks relatively young. also i heard somewhere that she used to use a bit of the life gem before ms.fortune ate it to look young...

i heard she was pretty old too, like in her 60's but she looks relatively young. also i heard somewhere that she used to use a bit of the life gem before ms.fortune ate it to look young...
Her figure and mobility certainly don’t show her age, but she still has major grandma energy with her stun animation. Also her hair appears grey which could also be an indicator of her age.

Reactions: curioscat229
Her figure and mobility certainly don’t show her age, but she still has major grandma energy with her stun animation. Also her hair appears grey which could also be an indicator of her age.
if we consider that most of her body parts are synthetic then her age maybe don't affect her mobility much. I always thought she's about mid ~40 with her demeanor

The Digital Art Compendium (now a perk of the Season 1 Pass, formerly exclusive to Indie-go-go backers) has updated with a ton of Black Dahlia art. This includes plenty of attack concepts that play with the idea of Dahlia's lower half either acting independently or separating:
dahlia-split.jpg

But most importantly, the sketch for her burst reveals how much is synthetic:
dahlia-xray.jpg
Black Dahlia is just a left arm, head, and torso. Her right arm and from the waist down, it is all prosthetic.

(Note: in the sketches, the gun is on her left arm, but as we all know, that's 1P, and 2P version is canon. Asymmetrical characters like Dahlia, Annie, and Squigly are all like this)

However! The Half-Terminator design did not make it into the final game:
dahlia-burst.jpg

Last edited:
The Digital Art Compendium (now a perk of the Season 1 Pass, formerly exclusive to Indie-go-go backers) has updated with a ton of Black Dahlia art. This includes plenty of attack concepts that play with the idea of Dahlia's lower half either acting independently or separating:
View attachment 19185

But most importantly, the sketch for her burst reveals how much is synthetic:
View attachment 19186
Black Dahlia is just a left arm, head, and torso. Her right arm and from the waist down, it is all prosthetic.

(Note: in the sketches, the gun is on her left arm, but as we all know, that's 1P, and 2P version is canon. Asymmetrical characters like Dahlia, Annie, and Squigly are all like this)

However! The Half-Terminator design did not make it into the final game:
View attachment 19187
Looking at that, honestly I'm glad they didn't go with her lower half splitting off. Would feel too similar to Fortune, imo. But it's cool as concept art.