• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

GDO startup frames?

infine

Reaction score
Is it me, or after 1.5.0 update GDO has longer startup? At least I can't seem to be able to squeeze it after the ground combo (I typically go ground - GDO - Launcher - followup unless I can Ground - Doom - Launcher - GDO - followup).

Or maybe I just got even worse and unlearned basic comboing?

EDIT: I'm starting to think it's rather ground hitstun that's the problem.

EDIT2: after spending some time in training room I believe it's a combination of 2 things. First, GDO has much longer startup. Second, impending Doom can't be squeezed between the 4 and 5 ground hits. Now I can only queue either of them after the Launcher and wait for the landing.

Last edited:
Lot's of people been saying that on the discord as well.

For the time being i've started doing ground > launcher > gdo, which give you a safe gdo hit, but you can't really combo after it

Eeeh. That's sad.

I mean I realize GDO loop was OP (though I never used it myself since I could not reliably execute it). But with the changes Peacock went from being the character with multiple combo options to a character with a single sensible combo.

Full ground+launcher sequence is now duct taped with 2 possible pretty much equal followups - GDO or Impending doom with potential argus agony (or bandwagon) finisher. Juggle now is useless as are all wall bounce options after it.

I'm now doing ground+launcher - GDO/Doom - partial ground (+argus/bandwagon) forever an ever and ever like clockwork. I only ever go airborne by mistake.

Eeeh. That's sad.

I mean I realize GDO loop was OP (though I never used it myself since I could not reliably execute it). But with the changes Peacock went from being the character with multiple combo options to a character with a single sensible combo.

Full ground+launcher sequence is now duct taped with 2 possible pretty much equal followups - GDO or Impending doom with potential argus agony (or bandwagon) finisher. Juggle now is useless as are all wall bounce options after it.

I'm now doing ground+launcher - GDO/Doom - partial ground (+argus/bandwagon) forever an ever and ever like clockwork. I only ever go airborne by mistake.
especially considering how MGR works currently.

With MGR you can do Ground > MGR > Ground > Launcher > Juggle (or Blockbusters/Specials after the second Ground combo).

On top of that MGR is also unblockable >_>

GDO had start up frames increased, yes.

The final hit of her ground chain had the cancel window pushed forward which also impacted Shadow of Impending Doom.

This wasn't meant as a stealth nerf, it just may have been missed in the patch notes, sorry!

The final hit of her ground chain had the cancel window pushed forward which also impacted Shadow of Impending Doom.

This wasn't meant as a stealth nerf, it just may have been missed in the patch notes, sorry!
GDO never really striked me as being particularly problematic or too strong.
Especially comparing it to other specials like say Merry Go Rilla for example, which can combo much better than GDO.
How come it keeps getting nerfed like this if i may ask?

Well, MGR is not really a healthy example either, but Peacock has problems.

Almost everything she has now has retardedly long startup (except argus and bandwagon), so nothing is comboable on the ground. OTOH her juggle separates her from the victim making no post-juggle followup possible (again, except bandwagon and to a lesser extent/character specific argus). I think the only 2 other fighters with this problem are Big Band and Cerbella. But Big Band can keep opponents off the ground for extended periods of time and Bella can ground combo into oblivion. Also both of them naturally pressure into the corner (meh for bella, but OMGWTFBBQ OP for Big Band) while Peacock is neutral to defensive. So her juggle is essentially a mediocre finisher.

I even tried pressuring with Peacock to see what you can do with juggle wall bounce in a corner, but long startup times, long recovery times for BBs and no otg shaft her even there.

Basically whenever you go, whatever you do, the first special/BB ends your chain period, and even then you have to set them up with a launcher. And midscreen you have a sadistic choice of either forgoing the juggle leaving yourself with zero forward progress and staying midscreen. Or forgoing a special/bb altogether so you could juggle and move them a bit further.

Reactions: Ryouhi
Well, MGR is not really a healthy example either, but Peacock has problems.

Almost everything she has now has retardedly long startup (except argus and bandwagon), so nothing is comboable on the ground. OTOH her juggle separates her from the victim making no post-juggle followup possible (again, except bandwagon and to a lesser extent/character specific argus). I think the only 2 other fighters with this problem are Big Band and Cerbella. But Big Band can keep opponents off the ground for extended periods of time and Bella can ground combo into oblivion. Also both of them naturally pressure into the corner (meh for bella, but OMGWTFBBQ OP for Big Band) while Peacock is neutral to defensive. So her juggle is essentially a mediocre finisher.

I even tried pressuring with Peacock to see what you can do with juggle wall bounce in a corner, but long startup times, long recovery times for BBs and no otg shaft her even there.

Basically whenever you go, whatever you do, the first special/BB ends your chain period, and even then you have to set them up with a launcher. And midscreen you have a sadistic choice of either forgoing the juggle leaving yourself with zero forward progress and staying midscreen. Or forgoing a special/bb altogether so you could juggle and move them a bit further.
That's a pretty good summary of her main problems.

Personally i think it's good that Big Band and Bella have such good combos, the problem is more that i don't understand why Peacock keeps getting her combos nerfed.

Ideally all characters should have access to different combos using specials and Block Busters, which would keep combat much more diverse and exciting.
With Peacock you're often stuck with simply doing your ground combo > Launcher into a special or Ground > Launcher into Juggle and Impending Doom + Argus on stand up.
But with that the AI still has time to block so there's even a risk of wasting your BBs there since they don't properly combo with your juggle.

So instead of removing combo possibilities like how they did by increasing GDOs Start-up frames, i'd rather see all character getting the ability to do more interesting combos.

Now as a mobile game it's good to have a casual basis for gameplay, but i feel giving us a higher skill ceiling by letting us combo abilities properly would be nice.

Reactions: Snow

Did her gun get nerfed from 4 to 5 frames as well? :3 :3 Kind of sad peacock is getting all these adjustments without patch notes :3

Did her gun get nerfed from 4 to 5 frames as well?
I'll need a little more detail to answer that question, sorry!

Which gun are you referring too?
Which frames are you referring to? (Startup, recovery, etc)
What nerf are you experiencing?

I'll need a little more detail to answer that question, sorry!

Which gun are you referring too?
Which frames are you referring to? (Startup, recovery, etc)
What nerf are you experiencing?

Gun: Bang, Bang, Bang!
Frames: Startup (when you press the skill, similar to how GDO got a delay)
Nerf: refer to above

Bang, Bang, Bang! does not seem as instantaneous as before :3 and feels much like GDO now how there is a small delay between button press and the skill actually launching :3 :>

Bang, Bang, Bang! does not seem as instantaneous as before :3 and feels much like GDO now how there is a small delay between button press and the skill actually launching :3 :>
I took a look, there have been no changes to "Bang, Bang, Bang!"