• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"RED VELVET" - Strategy and Discussion

Liam

!Robot
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Eliza.png

This thread is for discussing Eliza's new Gold variant, "RED VELVET".
General strategy, team position, character role, etc.
It all goes here!

* Please note that the fighter score shown in this image may not reflect the actual fighter score of the variant in game.

Last edited:
I was really hyped when I first saw Red Velvet and then I realised she was kind of garbage. Hex isn’t really useful, I can live through Harlequin having good special moves as long as I play smart, I can armour break with battle butt on Cerebellas of my own against stuff like RE (Who I don’t even encounter like at all) or Armed forces who’s even elementally weak to Harlequin and can be stalled out with grabs and MGR’s during her Unflinching.

I thought that Red Velvet would be a solution to some of the more annoying SA’S, but 8 seconds is laughably low for her one debuff and enemies barely switch out and when they do it would be more efficient to just try and kill them before hand with say Diva Intervention a much better use of my Sekhemet who can lock my enemies in to inescapable combos. The only other option is outtakes although I think I speak for the majority when I say that they’re still a waste of dps even after the buffs. Not to mention if you want her debuffs applied consistently then you’ll need multiple Sekhemets which means less Nekbet Breakers or Lady’s of slaughter which combined with the need for an outtake kind of limits her.

Overall she’s not that great of a solution to troublesome SA’s. Harlequin deals with the annoying stalls while also having amazing damage, team supports and can turn throw breaks into free combos, other SA’s like Circular Breathing and Entanglement can be overcome with a very complex technique called holding to fingers on the screen and waiting (aka blocking) meanwhile Red Velvet has low attack, a reliance on multiple Sekhemets and a short debuff period which means that in my opinion she’s pretty useless.

P.S sorry if this doesn’t make any sense it’s late where I am.

Reactions: moisterrific
I was really hyped when I first saw Red Velvet and then I realised she was kind of garbage. Hex isn’t really useful, I can live through Harlequin having good special moves as long as I play smart, I can armour break with battle butt on Cerebellas of my own against stuff like RE (Who I don’t even encounter like at all) or Armed forces who’s even elementally weak to Harlequin and can be stalled out with grabs and MGR’s during her Unflinching.

I thought that Red Velvet would be a solution to some of the more annoying SA’S, but 8 seconds is laughably low for her one debuff and enemies barely switch out and when they do it would be more efficient to just try and kill them before hand with say Diva Intervention a much better use of my Sekhemet who can lock my enemies in to inescapable combos. The only other option is outtakes although I think I speak for the majority when I say that they’re still a waste of dps even after the buffs. Not to mention if you want her debuffs applied consistently then you’ll need multiple Sekhemets which means less Nekbet Breakers or Lady’s of slaughter which combined with the need for an outtake kind of limits her.

Overall she’s not that great of a solution to troublesome SA’s. Harlequin deals with the annoying stalls while also having amazing damage, team supports and can turn throw breaks into free combos, other SA’s like Circular Breathing and Entanglement can be overcome with a very complex technique called holding to fingers on the screen and waiting (aka blocking) meanwhile Red Velvet has low attack, a reliance on multiple Sekhemets and a short debuff period which means that in my opinion she’s pretty useless.

P.S sorry if this doesn’t make any sense it’s late where I am.
Agreed.
I feel like the Debuff duration needs to be drastically increased to make it useful as a Special Ability.

On the other hand, i could see "Hex"-Debuffs being good on Special Moves instead.

Reactions: moisterrific
Eeeh, considering how sekhmet works (charge attack on oki) with care you can hex-lockdown people with 3 sekhmet BB1s (just be careful not to trigger too early since hex is non-stckable and thus non-renewable).

On the other hand, there are very few characters that you'd want to hex-lockdown. RE Bigband, AF Cerbella and DL Filia. Maybe Untouchable Peacock but she's usually not that annoying. And Silent Kill works better against most defensive SAs in general (because foggy memory is always on while hex has to be triggered for which BBs have to be charged, not to mention hex does not remove already ticking buffs, so you can't combo into sekhmet, you have to open with it) and Diva works not much worse against DL while being much more versatile.

So hex is very situational, difficult to use, has if not better, then acceptable but more versatile alternatives. The only good thing about it is Red Velvet is the best palette for Eliza (unless you are hardcore Faye Valentine fan probably).

Reactions: Yomady
Hex seems powerful on paper at first, but in practice, it’s rarely useful. And Red Velvet having one of the lowest max ATK (~4000) for a natural gold doesn’t help the fact that she has a very niche signature ability.

Maybe she would be better if Hex also disabled character ability in addition to disabling signature ability, as well as prevent buffs from being applied. But that doesn’t solve the problem her SA2 relies on the enemy tagging in/out.

Personally, I wouldn’t bother using any fighter that can’t solo an entire team in PF on their own while carrying 2 other fighters I need to level. And I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: anything that relies on tag ins are inherently weak by design and doesn’t set the fighter up for a fun play style.

This is the usual scenes with Eliza:Skullgirls_Screenshot_2020.02.12_11.44.53.jpg Skullgirls_Screenshot_2020.02.12_11.41.54.jpg

Sekhmet can inflict heal block, curse, also gain enrage as well been able to do the hex ability of using Sekhmet. Eliza in general is like a tank - so just pile those accuracy stats on and loads of attack. I find usually with Sekhmet I end up driving them to the other side of the screen, have some prep for those times!.

Timing is essence when using her - has to be picture perfect, and to be sure of the kill least on the one she is facing. If no kill it can turn to a bit of a drag against some teams.

Last edited:
At the moment I can say she's really useful and became a counter for everything. Sekhmet's BB buffs gave a shot of improvement, making her more reliable.

Low attack will be always a problem but with the correct equipment that atk would compare at least, to a decent term (if you build super sponges and tanks, why not so?)

I can say she saved me against that classic annoying characters on PF (Diamond Resonant, Bio Exorcist, Overclocked, Surgeon, Kill Joy and a large etcetera), but she is not a soloist character, something that a lot of people wouldn't like because in these days we have a lot of characters that can carry without problem, she is a character that must have a team.

I am sure you usually prefer 1000 times to evolve and improve Bloodbath and Diva, but she is a great unit against the "meta" that exists now.

My build
- Sekhmet Fury and Turn
- Chaos Banish
- Upper Khat
- Middle of the sphynx (To control BB meter)

That works to make a great combo (and because they had the stats I want haha), but if you can equip an outtake, that would be a way better.

I am an enthusiast of Red Velvet so this is why I usually try to talk nice things about her.

One problem I have with Red Velvet is that the debuffs on tag-out only work when Eliza is in. If she and her opponent tags out while the latter has hex the incoming opponent won't suffer any debuffs, so I think that should be changed. If she did get to add debuffs from the bench, Red Velvet and Thrill Shrieker could make a good combo. Taking a half of the opponent's total health and tagging another in with three debuffs would be huge.

Reactions: Wulfden
One problem I have with Red Velvet is that the debuffs on tag-out only work when Eliza is in. If she and her opponent tags out while the latter has hex the incoming opponent won't suffer any debuffs, so I think that should be changed. If she did get to add debuffs from the bench, Red Velvet and Thrill Shrieker could make a good combo. Taking a half of the opponent's total health and tagging another in with three debuffs would be huge.
If she can transfer debuff on the bench, she woud be very broken support with variants that can inflict hex more easily like Death Wish, Unholy Host. Heck, Unholy Host can inflict 3 more debuff, on top of her curse and hex, and cycle tag out to inflict more debuff