• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Attack Catalysts!

I'm not 100% on board with this but I do like the concept. I think the Negation catalyst would be too powerful (imagine carefully crafting your Boss Node only to have someone come in and render the catalysts you've invested in useless). However, I think giving the player a slight edge is nice. Normally my philosophy is that defense should get more help since Player > AI, but adding restrictions (like "Must Use X Characters", lower FS, etc) could keep it balanced. Although, if this was implemented, I would hope the devs would create a separate Offense catalyst. I'd hate to broaden the pool of potential catalyst pulls too much further.

I like the idea of offensive catalysts however I don't think you should be able to use them in rift.
I have no idea how it is to be bronze - Gold since I've basicly always been diamond so might be abit different but at the skilllevel I play, finishing the entire map isnt in question. It's about maximizing your score. Get the Blockbuster finish, don't waste time, get longer combos...
So buffing your ability to go through the enemys defense isn't something I'd like to see. I'd go in the other direction and would want the defense buffed. Maybe add a second catalyst slot to some of the Duo nodes. Or give them a HP/ATT boost like the triple nodes.

I'm sure it sucks matching with people that are way out of your league (I know that feeling when I play against the Top players) but just take it as real life XP points. learn from their base (maybe you can improve yours), improve fighter useage (that fighter didnt work against X, next time ill try this one). That way you'll do better against the next player each time and you should be able to climb. Or you can try queuing up at a different time to avoid a certain player. I fought a Phenom player 3 times in a row every night and lost all of them. Then i switched to start an hour later and got matched with 'fairer' people.

Or just queue more, if you queue 5 times a week and 3 of those are unwinnable then yea that stings. but if you fight 14 fights things will be alot more balanced and at least half of them should be winnable. Bigger sample size = better balance. Throw a coin 1000 times. its highly unlikely it will come up 900 times tails.

Reactions: Legendaryfonics